Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 02:20 PM

2,751 posts, read 2,423,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
And this is based on WHAT?
I stated what i believed to be true (which if you can read English, I clearly say "I think"). Based on the video, the intruder appears familiar with the house (see KoalaNJ's post), didn't steal anything, didn't attempt to rape her etc. Its very likely that she knew the intruder (relationship or drug related). Plus, how does a tweaking black man, sorry, animal, just walk up into this neighborhood and break into the house with none of the neighbors doing or seeing anything?

I don't expect any of you people to believe or agree with me but hopefully I made some of you think.

Also, the outrage over this is ridiculous. There was no outrage over the murders in Linden last year or earlier this month when the East Orange prom queen got murdered in her bedroom. If this didn't happen in Millburn and if the intruder was a black male this wouldn't get nearly as much press.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 02:33 PM

146 posts, read 626,232 times
First of all this is not getting alot of press outside of local news. I only heard about it word of mouth. Secondly other horrible home invasions committed by white low lifes did get an immense amount of press (Connecticut case) and also ignited conversation on bearing arms etc.

Who the perpetrator was is part of the story, can't ignore it, but it doesn't change how terrifying this is because this is not something anyone can prevent! The idea that this was a known assailant is just absurd IMO.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:34 PM

461 posts, read 911,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post

Also, the outrage over this is ridiculous. There was no outrage over the murders in Linden last year or earlier this month when the East Orange prom queen got murdered in her bedroom. If this didn't happen in Millburn and if the intruder was a black male this wouldn't get nearly as much press.
I think the reason there is so much outrage is because you can actually see the brutality of it. There is more of an impact of a crime if you witness it, rather than hearing about it...

Old 06-26-2013, 03:08 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,934,560 times
I don't get the obsession with "hate crimes".

Let's say a white woman strangles another white woman to death because she wouldn't give up her purse.

Next a black man stabs another man to death because he's Jewish.

They're both cold blooded murder and should be dealt with accordingly (I prefer life without parole or the death penalty, for the record)

"Hate crime" laws allow politicians to meddle with punishment in a whimsical, politically motivated way.

Murder is murder, rape is rape and armed robbery is armed robbery.

Last edited by doc1; 06-26-2013 at 03:19 PM..

Old 06-26-2013, 03:17 PM

323 posts, read 575,600 times
I wish this guy would come visit me

im just a 50 yr old white boy

Old 06-26-2013, 03:18 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,934,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi

Were YOU outraged "...over the murders in Linden last year or earlier this month when the East Orange prom queen got murdered in her bedroom..." or were you just as grossly cavalier towards this horrendous event we got to actually view on YouTube?

Last edited by doc1; 06-26-2013 at 03:31 PM..

Old 06-26-2013, 03:27 PM

88,590 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalaeon View Post
I think the reason there is so much outrage is because you can actually see the brutality of it. There is more of an impact of a crime if you witness it, rather than hearing about it...
True. If we just read a headline that said, "Woman beaten in home invasion in Millburn", people would have said "Oh, that's terrible" and moved on to the next story, just as they did with the poor girl murdered in East Orange.

But, as the thread title says, this one was caught on tape. It makes it more real, or at least leaves a longer imprint.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:40 PM

88,590 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post
I stated what i believed to be true (which if you can read English, I clearly say "I think"). Based on the video, the intruder appears familiar with the house (see KoalaNJ's post), didn't steal anything, didn't attempt to rape her etc. Its very likely that she knew the intruder (relationship or drug related). Plus, how does a tweaking black man, sorry, animal, just walk up into this neighborhood and break into the house with none of the neighbors doing or seeing anything?

I don't expect any of you people to believe or agree with me but hopefully I made some of you think.

Thanks for your concern, but yes, and I can both read AND write English. You said, "she was most likely cheating on her husband". That sort of accusation led me to believe you had further information regarding the victim's character.

It was my understanding from other poster's information that he did steal something from the house. Yes, you said "based on the video" but the video doesn't show everything.

As to the question of how a black man walks up into a neighborhood and breaks into a house with none of the neighbors doing or seeing anything--well, that happens all the time, doesn't it? Years ago, Michael Moore did a TV show wherein he rented a house in a nice neighborhood. He played bloodcurdling screams in the middle of the night, splattered a blood-like substance on the inside of the windows that was visible on the outside, had the "occupants" carry body-bag-type packages in and out of the house, dug grave-like holes in the backyard. No one said a word. No one noticed a thing. Most people aren't peering out their windows all the time looking to see what's going on with the neighbors, and believe it or not, black people can be found nowadays in just about any neighborhood in NJ, and nobody thinks twice about it.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:42 PM

461 posts, read 911,850 times
Nanny Cam Video Captures Brutal Home Invasion in New Jersey - The Hollywood Gossip

Old 06-26-2013, 06:27 PM

690 posts, read 964,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
Nope, I did NOT say that. However, you did read this guy's mind, and stated he did this because she is white, despite no evidence of racial slurs, or anything else that may indicate it was a hate crime. You generalized, and speculated solely because he is black. All we know for sure is he robbed her and beat her. BTW, there IS white privilege in America. No matter how much people refuse to see it, it's there, but that's another story.
i kno, thats wat i said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey