Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 06:30 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
WTH??? How does a person with 12 felonies get to remain a free predator upon society?

Something is terribly wrong here.
what happened to 3 times and your out? I don't know anything about that so maybe that was never a reality. the problem seems to be that criminals have more advocates than victims. "oh that poor guy with the single mother and living in a bad area all his life; he needs to be helped not punished."

I don't consider myself a "gun nut" either but im a nut when it comes to the safety of my family. I know you cant be 100% safe but I like to be as safe as I can reasonably be. I have life insurance from a financial company, I have home invasion insurance from springfield armory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 07:15 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,259,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Only in the USA, our judicial system lets these thugs out to prey on innocent people. It's sad. I'm not a gun nut but with this happening I could see the point of people wanting to arm themselves to defend their loved ones. This is/was a perfect example of someone who should have been incarcerated for life not being on the street.
I agree. He has been given more than enough chances. As far as I am concerned he has given up his right to freedom a long time ago. He will never be fit to live in a decent society, so why do they keep giving him more chances? The system is broken.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:22 AM

908 posts, read 1,556,186 times
Sure, blame liberal policies, as if liberal policies run America, just like the media is liberal.

If they'd stop arresting people for victimless crimes like marijuana possession, ridiculous traffic fines(yes SOME are BS), and other bull crap charges, then the jails wouldn't be overcrowded, and judges wouldn't be forced to release the REAL criminals. Letting a guy like this go free, so a person who had a bag of weed can take his place in the jail is utter BS!

Also, the root cause of crime needs to be addressed, but some people(the far-right) simply don't care about anyone or anything but themselves, until there is a problem that may affect them or their neighborhoods. Even then, they refuse to accept that our screwed up society, with screwed up policies, is at the root of it. It's NOT an excuse for crime. Liberals & progressives do NOT excuse crime. However, we do understand that the CAUSE is bigger than just evil criminals who want to hurt others. It CAN be prevented, or at least reduced. MANY other countries in the developed world are doing it. Our government, and many idiots on the right, are too arrogant, greedy, and selfish to develop & call for policies that help ALL of society.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:29 AM

587 posts, read 2,179,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I agree. He has been given more than enough chances. As far as I am concerned he has given up his right to freedom a long time ago. He will never be fit to live in a decent society, so why do they keep giving him more chances? The system is broken.

Exactly, It's hard enough landing a job if your clean so imagine what it would be like to find a job with multiple felony convictions. This pos will be back out after serveing his time and his options are extremely limited unless more employers want to hire people with criminal records.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:48 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,259,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
Sure, blame liberal policies, as if liberal policies run America, just like the media is liberal.

If they'd stop arresting people for victimless crimes like marijuana possession, ridiculous traffic fines(yes SOME are BS), and other bull crap charges, then the jails wouldn't be overcrowded, and judges wouldn't be forced to release the REAL criminals. Letting a guy like this go free, so a person who had a bag of weed can take his place in the jail is utter BS!

Also, the root cause of crime needs to be addressed, but some people(the far-right) simply don't care about anyone or anything but themselves, until there is a problem that may affect them or their neighborhoods. Even then, they refuse to accept that our screwed up society, with screwed up policies, is at the root of it. It's NOT an excuse for crime. Liberals & progressives do NOT excuse crime. However, we do understand that the CAUSE is bigger than just evil criminals who want to hurt others. It CAN be prevented, or at least reduced. MANY other countries in the developed world are doing it. Our government, and many idiots on the right, are too arrogant, greedy, and selfish to develop & call for policies that help ALL of society.
I agree completely. Non violent drug offenses have no place in our prison system. Space should be freed up to keep animals like this guy locked up. It would also save us a lot of money so I don't understand why conservatives have an issue with this. At the same time there are also liberal policies that place too much weight on society. The more you tell people that their actions are not their fault, the more they actually believe it. Society needs to take a hard stance against violent crime. If you want to be wishy washy about some pick pocket or petty car thief, that's one thing, but when it comes to people who use violence to take whatever they want we shouldn't be providing them any excuses for their actions.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:05 AM

3,410 posts, read 4,469,703 times
I should run a burglar school. Zip ties, duck tape, a rag, and ether would of been a lot more effective and time efficient than constantly beating that poor lady. People who commit violent home invasions are usually the least intelligent and unsophisticated of criminals.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
I agree completely. Non violent drug offenses have no place in our prison system. Space should be freed up to keep animals like this guy locked up. It would also save us a lot of money so I don't understand why conservatives have an issue with this. At the same time there are also liberal policies that place too much weight on society. The more you tell people that their actions are not their fault, the more they actually believe it. Society needs to take a hard stance against violent crime. If you want to be wishy washy about some pick pocket or petty car thief, that's one thing, but when it comes to people who use violence to take whatever they want we shouldn't be providing them any excuses for their actions.
Definitely, liberals are NOT free from blame. I think they too, have become very extreme in their policies, especially towards violent crimes. PROVEN, crimes against children, especially, should NEVER be given leniency. Many liberals disagree with my position that pedophiles should be the main candidates for the death penalty. They can relax, it's never going to happen in America.

I do believe prevention is key though. If we take action to fix the problems that lead to crime, and education reform is #1 on the list, then we can get results. America needs to take a lesson or two from other developed countries whose policies have worked out well for them.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:26 AM

1,787 posts, read 5,749,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
Definitely, liberals are NOT free from blame. I think they too, have become very extreme in their policies, especially towards violent crimes. PROVEN, crimes against children, especially, should NEVER be given leniency. Many liberals disagree with my position that pedophiles should be the main candidates for the death penalty. They can relax, it's never going to happen in America.

I do believe prevention is key though. If we take action to fix the problems that lead to crime, and education reform is #1 on the list, then we can get results. America needs to take a lesson or two from other developed countries whose policies have worked out well for them.
Why not start a new thread on this topic?

Old 06-29-2013, 09:42 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,326,134 times
Quote:
I good with all this...you sound like a practical thinker and not an ideologue.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timneh5 View Post
Why not start a new thread on this topic?
I've thought about it, but that would mean posting in the politics forum, where everyone is found posting. Personally, right now I can't mentally handle exchange with some folks living between the two coasts(I've tried, and it's a hassle just in Pa ). At least not until I return to NJ, where even conservatives, for the most part are very respectful, and not hate-filled. I do think it can make for interesting conversation if all parties actually wish to discuss in order to reach a common goal, instead of trying to prove others wrong, and compete to see who can be more obnoxious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey