Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 06:17 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,680,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
At the end of the day? Who gives a ****? If you don't like it, don't pay attention to it. I could care less where it came from, who trademarked it, what other states use it.....if it means nothing to you so you want to take away from those who it does ("YOU" in general, not specific), what's your point?
people get annoyed way too easily.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:54 AM

221 posts, read 379,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
You need a hobby or something to distract you. I don't dislike people just because they have those ridiculous stick figure family decals on the back of their ride. Yes, some people still have those.

The stick figure family decals never bothered me in the least. It would look kind of sad, though, if it was just the mom with like 4 or 5 kids.

Old 09-24-2013, 12:58 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,872,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerpotFlowers View Post
The stick figure family decals never bothered me in the least. It would look kind of sad, though, if it was just the mom with like 4 or 5 kids.

NJ is, can be, a tough place. As is the entire Metro area. It is not for everyone.

I worked with a guy in Manhattan who was from Georgia. He got eaten alive in NYC. Not necessarily because he was from Georgia, although it contributed, but because he wasn't tough enough to cut it.

You should leave as soon as possible, for your own sanity.

Also, stop posting on a message board full of people who disagree with you. You are not changing anyone's mind.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
NJ is, can be, a tough place. As is the entire Metro area. It is not for everyone.

I worked with a guy in Manhattan who was from Georgia. He got eaten alive in NYC. Not necessarily because he was from Georgia, although it contributed, but because he wasn't tough enough to cut it.

You should leave as soon as possible, for your own sanity.

Also, stop posting on a message board full of people who disagree with you. You are not changing anyone's mind.

As if i have to listen to you. You don't even explain how he got 'eaten alive'. What wasn't he 'tough enough to cut'?

Old 09-24-2013, 03:30 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,977,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
But that is what a troll does

Old 09-24-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
But that is what a troll does
Stop trolling my thread. Begone troll!

Old 09-24-2013, 05:41 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,963,897 times
Quote:
There was no "Jersey Strong" before Sandy.

It's not some "GFY" to people anywhere else.
Exactly.

Quote:
I just saw another state (can't remember which one) that followed suit with the "........ Strong".
Boston Strong (after the marathon bombing).

Old 09-24-2013, 05:42 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,963,897 times
Quote:
I also don't understand all the hatred directed at that girl. Yeah, she seems immature, but I think people went a little over the top in their condemnation of her. I think it had more to do with the fact that she was adopted and not Italian by genetics more than anything. In my eyes it just reflected very bad on NJ Italian people...made them look really dumb and insecure.

Right, because it is only "NJ Italian people" hating on Snooki. Are you kidding? She is a joke on a national level, with everyone from South Park to SNL making fun of that alcoholic Bumpit-head Oompa Loompa. She is popular because everybody loves a train wreck (see: Tan Mom).

Quote:
Yeah, but didn't it seem like people were overreacting to this little girl? I mean, some of the others were from out of state too and were more promiscuous and stuff. She was just like this little tanned joker and the grave solemn outrage shown by some of her interviewers on tv just seemed a little...overly dramatic/offended. It just seems like some people are a little too prideful and insecure at the same time? It was just my impression. I just got turned off.
Snooki, is that you?

Old 09-24-2013, 05:53 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,254,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Anthony, not Andy.
Yep - him!

Any time I think of Opie I think of "The Andy Griffith Show".

Old 09-24-2013, 05:54 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,149,274 times
Quote:
Maybe I am just difficult...but I don't know why I feel like gagging when I see that 'NJ Strong' sticker.
We're not annoying! We are awesome!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey