Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 09:29 AM

1,990 posts, read 7,637,887 times

Advertisements

^^^ getting attack is the norm in any big city. If you want, I could take you to Bed-Stuy, we will see if you won't get "attack" by the day's end.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:48 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,972,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
^^^ getting attack is the norm in any big city. If you want, I could take you to Bed-Stuy, we will see if you won't get "attack" by the day's end.
that is why so many poeple have abandoned any ideas of living in or going to any big city. Maybe that kind of lifestyle suits your needs, but for the vast majority of people, it is unacceptable.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:12 AM

526 posts, read 2,069,995 times
Quote:
Okay, people, okay. Let's get back at hand. The fact of the matter is this: Just because one person caught a beatdown in Newark, doesn't mean the whole city is going to hell in a handbasket. Living in NYC, I know people who were mugged in nabes in which people would consider "safe" ( like the Village or the UWS). People need to realize that crime is everywhere. From the biggest of cities, to the smallest if towns, we will never live in a crime free zone. Even the OP said that there were things he/she could of done to prevent this attack (like calling for a cab). I for one would never walk around parts of Newark or even parts of NYC at night, because I know the odds of becoming a victim of crime increases. I'm not blaming the victim; rather, I'm telling everyone to be smart when traveling alone.

As for the people who said "Rudy cleaned up NY!" Get real. Yeah, Rudy flew around New York with a giant "S" on his chest, and kicked all the homeless and druggies out of the city. If you believe that, I got a wonderful new stadium in Queens, I want to sell you.

As for nabes only get cleaned up because "people want it that way" I got this to say: Ask Donald Trump what people in SoHo, thinks of his new tower. There were plenty of community protest when nabes started to change in the 80's and 90's. The reason why people in Harlem are upset over community development is because many small stores that are a fixture in that area, are going to be forced to close. Also, lets not forget that the cost of living will dramatically jump.
Yeah, Rudy had nothing to do with it. It was all new construction.

BTW, you’ll catch a quicker beat down in Camden or the Bronx than you will in Brooklyn.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:16 AM

531 posts, read 2,151,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
that is why so many poeple have abandoned any ideas of living in or going to any big city. Maybe that kind of lifestyle suits your needs, but for the vast majority of people, it is unacceptable.
Yeap. Beat downs are 'ok' because you get to live in a big city? Too funny.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:24 AM

253 posts, read 1,267,797 times
Quote:
Just because one person caught a beatdown
I said that I wouldn't visit this topic anymore because it's getting rather ridiculous...but did you say he "caught a beatdown"? forgive me for laughing but that term is funny. I only know one person who uses that term - my uncle an amateur boxer and correction officer.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:56 PM

562 posts, read 2,616,519 times
LOL at you all.. :-) punks jump up to get a beat down.. lol..

Old 03-19-2008, 06:02 PM
j1n

1,245 posts, read 4,663,887 times
Hey, the mod should *sticky* this thread. Then when all these folks who have never been anywhere near NJ get a new job in the city and start researching accomodations, and..."wow, this place called Newark looks great!" ...then they can see another, very hard and very real, viewpoint.
Newark's been primarily a drug and violence infested dump since I was a kid. And now, 30+ years later it hasn't changed much.
Yeah, yeah, I know..."things are changing", and "Newark is being revitalized". If Newark someday changes back into the beautiful, vibrant city that we've heard it once was...great! But until then...

hey roger_paul...
sorry that happened to you! Hoping you heal well and fast.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:23 AM

20,350 posts, read 19,958,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syncmaster View Post
Yeap. Beat downs are 'ok' because you get to live in a big city? Too funny.
It's all part of the "rich cutural experience".

Old 03-24-2008, 09:13 PM

393 posts, read 1,087,275 times
Default Roger-Paul

Yes, I believe it may be time to move on.
Truly hope you are healing physically and mentally.
Move to a town where mutual respect and and morals exist.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:18 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,483,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
sorry for your bad incident, unfortunately this isn't unusual for Newark, this should serve as a warning to anyone considering moving there. While you might be seduced by the low prices and the ghetto brigade will say how Newark is up and coming the reality is that the city is a crime and drug ridden city with many predators roaming about. Thank your corrupt liberal politicians and judges for allowing this type of place to exist
Do you get paid to hate on Newark?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey