Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 04:12 PM

646 posts, read 2,668,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eephus View Post

when there is so much emotion-driven economics ignorance out there

LOL................."speaking of calling the kettel black"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 05:46 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,606,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post

Don't you just love it!

Old 08-03-2008, 07:24 AM

93 posts, read 309,350 times
Quote:

Is that supposed to make sense?

Old 08-03-2008, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Is that supposed to make sense?

It does to everyone but you.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
It does to everyone but you.
OK. That's mature and intelligent.

Old 08-03-2008, 01:39 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,606,032 times
Quote:
OK. That's mature and intelligent.
Easy now... keep it friendly and constructive not destructive

Old 08-03-2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Easy now... keep it friendly and constructive not destructive

I only fight big boys. Besides if I was a meanie I'd ask him what a "kettel" is.

Old 08-03-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
I only fight big boys. Besides if I was a meanie I'd ask him what a "kettel" is.

wow........look who is being "emotional" ..now.LOL

......and yes I spelled it wrong,sorry,feel better now?

Old 08-05-2008, 01:16 PM

2,940 posts, read 3,967,149 times
Quote:
Walmart would still lose.Those companies don't kill towns ,they don't do the things Walmart does and that on purpose.Some of the "Big Box Guys" are responsible.B.J.'s and Costco and Target etc.
The other big boxes don't put the little guy out of business? I beg to differ. When Home Depot and Lowe's came to my area about 12 years ago, many local lumber yards and hardware stores went under. There aren't many options for hardware and lumber beyond Home Depot and Lowe's anymore.

Also, why do people single out Wal-Mart? Other chain stores like Target, K-Mart, Sears, etc, do not pay well and have lousy benefits as well. Local mom-and-pop stores also usually pay minimum wage with no benefits. Anyways, do people want Wal-Mart to start paying $15 an hour with top of the line health benefits? If that became the norm for unskilled retail jobs, loaves of bread would cost $20 and a gallon of milk would cost $50. Most Wal-Mart employees are high school or college kids and part-timers. Should I start going broke trying to feed my family with a high grocery bill because some teenager stocking shelves who lives with mom and dad needs to make $15/hour to pi$$ away?

Old 08-05-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinPhils View Post
The other big boxes don't put the little guy out of business? I beg to differ. When Home Depot and Lowe's came to my area about 12 years ago, many local lumber yards and hardware stores went under. There aren't many options for hardware and lumber beyond Home Depot and Lowe's anymore.

Also, why do people single out Wal-Mart? Other chain stores like Target, K-Mart, Sears, etc, do not pay well and have lousy benefits as well. Local mom-and-pop stores also usually pay minimum wage with no benefits. Anyways, do people want Wal-Mart to start paying $15 an hour with top of the line health benefits? If that became the norm for unskilled retail jobs, loaves of bread would cost $20 and a gallon of milk would cost $50. Most Wal-Mart employees are high school or college kids and part-timers. Should I start going broke trying to feed my family with a high grocery bill because some teenager stocking shelves who lives with mom and dad needs to make $15/hour to pi$$ away?

No they don't,they don't target them on purpose.Alot of you questions can be answerd if you watch the Walmart movie.The people who work at Walmart aslo have families to feed and for a company that steals(makes) as mush money as they do ,they could take better care of the employees.If your going broke feeding your family maybe you should get a part time job at Walmart.

WAL-MART: The High Cost of Low Price
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey