Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 08:11 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,709,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Oh-I completely missed that part!
well, she said "on my side" - that could mean trees on his property, but on her side of his yard, KWIM? she'll need to clarify.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 08:28 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,618,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
well, she said "on my side" - that could mean trees on his property, but on her side of his yard, KWIM? she'll need to clarify.
Yes, they were on my side of the line! But I got the scoop from my other neighbor who's dad lives on the other side of this ahole... he was attempting to cut down his large..I mean 50-foot high trees. the plan is to apparently install a berm around the entire 3 acres on all sides and install a deer fence and then add pine trees. Still would have been nice of him to discuss this with his new neighbors...we're back to yr. one with the privacy issue! I can see into both of my neighbor's yards now...so much for selling this week!!!!!! Oh and get this..he told my neighbor's dad..the guy who pretty much runs the town.. that they are private people but that they would have a beer with him sometime in the future. Wow!!!
And whoever said.. it's his yard and he can do what he wants...I agree but he could have talked with us first as it has a major impact on our yards! Skinny dipping tonight anyone? Time to crank up the stereo in the shed and stay up until 2:00

Old 09-05-2008, 08:33 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,424,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Yes, they were on my side of the line! But I got the scoop from my other neighbor who's dad lives on the other side of this ahole... he was attempting to cut down his large..I mean 50-foot high trees. the plan is to apparently install a berm around the entire 3 acres on all sides and install a deer fence and then add pine trees. Still would have been nice of him to discuss this with his new neighbors...we're back to yr. one with the privacy issue! I can see into both of my neighbor's yards now...so much for selling this week!!!!!! Oh and get this..he told my neighbor's dad..the guy who pretty much runs the town.. that they are private people but that they would have a beer with him sometime in the future. Wow!!!
And whoever said.. it's his yard and he can do what he wants...I agree but he could have talked with us first as it has a major impact on our yards! Skinny dipping tonight anyone? Time to crank up the stereo in the shed and stay up until 2:00
Just make sure to play loud LATIN music or HIP HOP or have some of the homies come ova for a late night summer BBQ. That'll show the bastids!

Old 09-05-2008, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Just make sure to play loud LATIN music or HIP HOP or have some of the homies come ova for a late night summer BBQ. That'll show the bastids!
Hummm...perhaps some fireworks as well? Just wait until B&C gets home... she's not going to be too happy! All those mockingbirds that lived in those trees... it's just wrong!

Old 09-05-2008, 08:55 AM

13,409 posts, read 28,749,831 times
Quote:
Hummm...perhaps some fireworks as well? Just wait until B&C gets home... she's not going to be too happy! All those mockingbirds that lived in those trees... it's just wrong!

NO!!!!!!!!! Mockingbirds lived in those trees!! I would want to chain saw your neighbor...bastid is being kind

Old 09-05-2008, 08:56 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,709,300 times
Quote:

OMG! Holy Crap - those are some brass ones, eh??? Sic the B&C on him pronto!!

Old 09-05-2008, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
OMG! Holy Crap - those are some brass ones, eh??? Sic the B&C on him pronto!!
She's not shy trust me! The one neighbor's kids call her "the grumpy one"... so she flipped him the bird. He's 8! No worries though as he flipped her off right back . Don't mess with the Scottish! I'd better go and get the "Braveheart" paint kit ready for the attack..lol
The fat little bald bastid is standing outside his garage watching his aliens do all the work. My poor birds and I think the fox or the bear lived in those woods as there's a huge den! Just can't trust them northeasterners - they move in and have no respect for their neighbors. This will not sit well with the locals. He should just list his house now as he ain't making many friends today! Not to mention putting up a deer fence right in their normal path - there goes my trees and shrubs! I'm shaking I'm so pissed!!

Old 09-05-2008, 09:11 AM

2,731 posts, read 6,123,033 times
Wow, a courtesy conversation would have been nice first. Although if you have a for sale sign out I guess he might not think you'll be around long enough to get to know. We're fencing the yard on our new house and have told the neighbor on that side exactly what we plan to do. We don't want there to be any hard feelings or for him to see people measuring and have to wonder what's going on. The other neighbor wanted to check with us to see if it was ok that they cut branches off of our tree that are hanging over their property. It's not necessary but I think this is a nicer way to live.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
Wow, a courtesy conversation would have been nice first. Although if you have a for sale sign out I guess he might not think you'll be around long enough to get to know. We're fencing the yard on our new house and have told the neighbor on that side exactly what we plan to do. We don't want there to be any hard feelings or for him to see people measuring and have to wonder what's going on. The other neighbor wanted to check with us to see if it was ok that they cut branches off of our tree that are hanging over their property. It's not necessary but I think this is a nicer way to live.
Exactly! And for the most part, we all do just that but the new kid in town doesn't feel it's necessary I guess. The neigbor next to me.. a whole 400' of tree line separating them from eachother was taken down! I can't wait until her hubby gets home. Good old fashion fist to cuffs tonight..hopefully not while the people coming to see the house tonight are here

Old 09-05-2008, 09:30 AM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,369,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Wiley, all you have to do is scream out of your window "LA MIGRA"!!!! (that's spanish for INS) and I'm sure they'll stop cutting the trees down and run for the hills,
After having an incredibly crappy past two days - that made me laugh pretty hard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey