Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 06:53 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleinnout View Post
I've lived in NJ all of my life, and it's always been a corrupt cesspool. Don't be fooled by lables like "democrat" or "republican". It's been a bipartisan hit job as long as I could remember. I've seen enough in my life here to know it's a losing battle to fight back, and I won't be spending my retirement years here. I have good family and friends here, but it's demoralizing when you look at NJ, and what it's become. It only gets worse. It never gets better.
yep..it's almost like it's our legacy..this has been going on since before most of us CD posters were born.
At one time these corrupt politicians would throw the people a bone to keep the people happy and not to closely scutinize what was going on..Frank Hauge, Mayor of Jersey City back in the day is a good example....now they don't even throw the bone, they have been getting away with it for so long
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 07:17 AM

2,312 posts, read 7,526,545 times
Look, NJ gives a lot of services to alot of people. These things aren't free. We're talking schools, public transportation, sewer, water, trash pick up, leaf pick up, parks and recreation, the list is endless.

If people are willing to stop pooping and start home schooling their kids, then we can brings costs down.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:31 AM

831 posts, read 2,437,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevedark View Post
Look, NJ gives a lot of services to alot of people. These things aren't free. We're talking schools, public transportation, sewer, water, trash pick up, leaf pick up, parks and recreation, the list is endless.

If people are willing to stop pooping and start home schooling their kids, then we can brings costs down.
Nothing is free. The schools are one of the largest tax burdens on each town or township. I personally don't mind paying for a great education for my kids. Its the frivolous spending in the towns that bothers me.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:33 AM

What's frivolous to one person is important to another.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:45 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Default Disenfranchised voters

There is nothing that can legally be done to end the abuse. People therefore give up.

One look at the recent parade of high paid politicians that didn't pay their taxes is enough to physically sicken anyone. The guy that heads the IRS who owed a ton of money in taxes, only paid them when he was in line for a political post. That same guy has just declared he wants to go after tax cheats. If that doesn't absolutely make you want to curl up in a fetal position in a closet I don't know what will.

The problem is an institutionalized complex system that is not affected by changing small gears. Voting for an individual makes absolutely no difference in the desired outcome from the system.

There would have to be overwhelming voter unity applied at the polls. That will never happen.

Voting has become a safety valve to divert the steam of the voters and preserve the integrity of a flawed political system.

"Abandon all hope", should be posted on the bridges into NJ.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:12 AM

Well, the fact is, people move out of New Jersey, or to a home with as low taxes as can be found w/in NJ as soon as they possibly can because of the taxes.

But there are waves of people coming in all the time to take their places, so where's the problem for NJ in this?

Old 03-10-2009, 08:47 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
She was a total disaster. Stereotypical RINO.
My nickname for her is "Bush 41 in a dress".

Old 03-10-2009, 06:41 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevedark View Post
But there are waves of people coming in all the time to take their places, so where's the problem for NJ in this?
I don't think that's the case. Moving companies classify NJ (CA and MI too) as outflow states based upon their customer data.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:54 PM

4,181 posts, read 5,062,478 times
simply judging by how many "we're moving to NJ and need advice" threads there are just on this board, I'd think NJ is still a hotspot

Old 03-10-2009, 11:24 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,888,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I don't think that's the case. Moving companies classify NJ (CA and MI too) as outflow states based upon their customer data.
NJ absolutely loses population, in terms of flow within the US. NJ gains net population because it is one of the leading ports of entry for out of country immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey