Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 08:21 AM

786 posts, read 2,663,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonutz nj View Post
Linden - The main crime is on the Roselle, Elizabeth border. The crime peak area is the east St. George Ave area across to East Elizabeth Ave and up Route 1&9. When I think of bad parts of linden I think of East Baltimore Ave, Fay Ave, and route 1&9. East Baltimore ave is soo Ghetto looking its nicknammed "Crack Alley".
Went along Wood Ave going west from Roselle to Linden Train station. Looks pretty ok, clean streets, not that many people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 11:32 AM

82 posts, read 396,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalim2008 View Post
Went along Wood Ave going west from Roselle to Linden Train station. Looks pretty ok, clean streets, not that many people.
go down East Baltimore Ave by the Roselle side of East St.Geaorge or John St, Union St, or Charles St just not at night, in fact just google map those streets and take a look. Its also bad if not worse by Grier Ave and the 8th Ward Park area by route 1 and 9. For some reason anything that borders Route 1 and 9 is really bad.

Old 05-09-2009, 06:46 AM

Here's some random photo's I have more but im not gunna post all right now lol, anyone got info or stories or opinions
on Union County

ELIZABETH

LINDEN

ROSELLE

UNION

Old 05-11-2009, 03:05 PM

anyone got anything to share about the 908

Old 05-14-2009, 11:41 AM

908's badest of the bad let me hear some stories

Old 05-14-2009, 02:07 PM

131 posts, read 605,006 times
Try going through Wood ave from Rd1 in Linden towark Saint George Ave on weekend nights GHETTO. My cousin lives right by Rd 1 and last week i was coming back from him and i got surprised what i saw. I knew that Linden is getting bad and some areas are not too good but what i saw was just like Irvington. In a matter of 2 miles i saw about 90 kids running around cars, looking inside, almost hit one because ran infront of my car in the middle of the street. Then i saw 2 cop cars with two of the kids on the hoods of the cars being searched, later on more cops chaing other ones. I felt like i was in Irvington or East Orange, and that was minutes after party when i found out that my cousin woke up at night just to find 2 guys trying to break into his car, and when he started yealing at them throught the window he was ignored until he started getting outside. I knew Linden as a pretty nice town with shady parts but that has changed last couple years and its only getting worse very quickly

Old 05-14-2009, 02:43 PM

3 posts, read 12,528 times
Default Avenel??? Bad???

I'm an Avenel girl. I grew up here and still live here so I have to jump in about our little town. First, 90% of people have no idea where Avenel is. We are a tiny town that is, literally, cut in half by 1&9. Most drive through and have no idea we even exist. Having spent 25+ years of my life here I have to say that the worst thing about our tiny little town is grafetti. Yes, we have some drugs here but, honestly, what town doesn't? We are in an awesome location to trains, malls, restaurants & stores. We have a diverse community. Growing up we were a predominantly Polish/Italian town. I remember us being the ONLY Spanish family in the neighborhood when we moved in in the 80's. Now we have a good mix of Polish, Italian, Spanish, African American and (a lot recently) Indian. We have a great little park on one side and a VERY popular new skate park on the other. Also, from what I hear from my neighbors who are parents for the most part, we have good schools. From experience I know we are in a perfect location to commute to many different private schools. I've never been afraid to walk the streets, day or night. All of my neighbors know one another and we watch out for each other's homes when they're away, their kids when they're playing in the street and their pets as we've had some escape attempts. I LOVE Avenel and I'm happy that I'm going to inhereit my parent's home here when they pass on. The only thing I'm NOT happy about in Avenel is all of the development. Every few years or so a townhouse development comes along, eats up what little open space we have and ups the congestion. We don't want them here!!! We have town meetings at city hall (I've been to a few) and the residents of our small town are in there trying to browbeat the developers but it doesn't work. *sigh* We even lost a chunk of land that was formerly part of a wildlife sanctuary to the freaking developers. Now there are plans to tear down the old General Dynamic property (this was a former nuclear submarine plant) and turn it into another development!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

Old 05-14-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobi View Post
Try going through Wood ave from Rd1 in Linden towark Saint George Ave on weekend nights GHETTO. My cousin lives right by Rd 1 and last week i was coming back from him and i got surprised what i saw. I knew that Linden is getting bad and some areas are not too good but what i saw was just like Irvington. In a matter of 2 miles i saw about 90 kids running around cars, looking inside, almost hit one because ran infront of my car in the middle of the street. Then i saw 2 cop cars with two of the kids on the hoods of the cars being searched, later on more cops chaing other ones. I felt like i was in Irvington or East Orange, and that was minutes after party when i found out that my cousin woke up at night just to find 2 guys trying to break into his car, and when he started yealing at them throught the window he was ignored until he started getting outside. I knew Linden as a pretty nice town with shady parts but that has changed last couple years and its only getting worse very quickly
my friend saw someone get shot through a car window right on route 1&9 right near the elizabeth border and he called 9-11 but the guy died before the ambulance came, true story

Old 05-16-2009, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravinscribe View Post
I'm an Avenel girl. I grew up here and still live here so I have to jump in about our little town. First, 90% of people have no idea where Avenel is. We are a tiny town that is, literally, cut in half by 1&9. Most drive through and have no idea we even exist. Having spent 25+ years of my life here I have to say that the worst thing about our tiny little town is grafetti. Yes, we have some drugs here but, honestly, what town doesn't? We are in an awesome location to trains, malls, restaurants & stores. We have a diverse community. Growing up we were a predominantly Polish/Italian town. I remember us being the ONLY Spanish family in the neighborhood when we moved in in the 80's. Now we have a good mix of Polish, Italian, Spanish, African American and (a lot recently) Indian. We have a great little park on one side and a VERY popular new skate park on the other. Also, from what I hear from my neighbors who are parents for the most part, we have good schools. From experience I know we are in a perfect location to commute to many different private schools. I've never been afraid to walk the streets, day or night. All of my neighbors know one another and we watch out for each other's homes when they're away, their kids when they're playing in the street and their pets as we've had some escape attempts. I LOVE Avenel and I'm happy that I'm going to inhereit my parent's home here when they pass on. The only thing I'm NOT happy about in Avenel is all of the development. Every few years or so a townhouse development comes along, eats up what little open space we have and ups the congestion. We don't want them here!!! We have town meetings at city hall (I've been to a few) and the residents of our small town are in there trying to browbeat the developers but it doesn't work. *sigh* We even lost a chunk of land that was formerly part of a wildlife sanctuary to the freaking developers. Now there are plans to tear down the old General Dynamic property (this was a former nuclear submarine plant) and turn it into another development!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
Avenel is a nice livable town but it still has some problems here and there other than graffiti. Your neighbors in Carteret are seeing some issues latley, and some parts of Carteret are'nt too pretty lol

Old 05-22-2009, 01:09 PM

any other issues on Union County
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey