Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 11:46 AM

1,184 posts, read 4,045,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Not that I MISS this, but I find it amusing. When I was in late elementary school/early HS the VCR was born. Beta...and VHS. Well, do you remember going to the Video Rental Store and PAYING like $300 for a "lifetime" membership.... that gave you the "privilege" of paying $5 per day for videos? Some things do get cheaper/better in time...
Oh I remember when Palmer Video was such a big deal. Another video store name: RKO Video in Wick Plaza.

Here's a name: S&R Data. They were located on Woodbridge Avenue just after the Chabad School on the left as you headed toward Woodbridge. You could take your Commodore 64s and your VCRs to be repaired there. Weird little place, but they could fix just about anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 01:25 PM

4,181 posts, read 5,063,818 times
there was a small chain of electronics stores called Drucker's

Old 05-25-2009, 06:27 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,414,290 times
Temptations, Seaside Heights or commonly known as Tempts!

Old 05-25-2009, 07:43 PM

98 posts, read 269,069 times
I remember when Fotomats were in every supermarket parking lot....remember the days when you'd have to wait A WEEK to get your pictures developed by them? I always wondered what the employees would do if they had to pee becuae the Fotomats were pretty much the employee sitiing in a chair inside the booth....

Remember when Channel 9 was a REAL New Jersey Station? Morton Downey Jr. Show, Richard Bey, Steampipe Alley, that Lloyd Lindsey Young doing the weather (Helllloooooooooooooooo East Hanover!!!!). Late night reruns of "Uncle Floyd."These days My 9 is not mine!

And sadly, the local video stores that used to rent the weirdest stuff (including the "adult" stuff behind the curtain in the corner of the store).

Old 05-25-2009, 09:39 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,979,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler77 View Post
I remember when Fotomats were in every supermarket parking lot....remember the days when you'd have to wait A WEEK to get your pictures developed by them? I always wondered what the employees would do if they had to pee becuae the Fotomats were pretty much the employee sitiing in a chair inside the booth....

Remember when Channel 9 was a REAL New Jersey Station? Morton Downey Jr. Show, Richard Bey, Steampipe Alley, that Lloyd Lindsey Young doing the weather (Helllloooooooooooooooo East Hanover!!!!). Late night reruns of "Uncle Floyd."These days My 9 is not mine!

And sadly, the local video stores that used to rent the weirdest stuff (including the "adult" stuff behind the curtain in the corner of the store).

Dude, I sooo remember all of that! There used to be an movie theatre in Somerset called "Rutgres Cinema seven" (never found out what happened to 1-6) and there was a K-mart in the same shopping center, with one of those little "photo booths". Man, those were the days...and the Channel nine weather guy! I thought I was the only one who remembered him! He was like the "let's get ready to rummmblllle!" guy of weather, always saying some old person's birthday by saying "Thomas Sulivan is 98 years young, congragulations!"
and Richard Bay...before there was Jerry Springer, Jersey had Richard Bay.
And yes, I remember steampipe Alley! The only show for nine year olds that was one guido joke after another.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:50 AM

563 posts, read 1,286,708 times
I miss National Wholsale Liquidators on Tonnele Ave, they had bargain prices on many household items, couldn't beat their prices.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:20 AM

4,181 posts, read 5,063,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Sebring View Post
I miss National Wholsale Liquidators on Tonnele Ave, they had bargain prices on many household items, couldn't beat their prices.
huh ?

when did they close

Old 05-26-2009, 09:31 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
Mid State Mall Bowling Lanes is now a NYC Workout place. I recall an older skeevy dude was the manager there. He served booze to all the 16 yr old pretty chicks then took them to his office....He was such a sleezeball. Rolf !! That was his name ROLF !!! LOL
rolf sounds like the man to me.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:31 AM

563 posts, read 1,286,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
huh ?

when did they close
last year, there is still a location open on Rt 17, but the prices are higher there.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:13 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,953,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
Temptations, Seaside Heights or commonly known as Tempts!
Oh, I got into such a fight with my old boyfriend there. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey