Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 09:49 AM

226 posts, read 1,097,623 times

Advertisements

Szccdw, how long did it take your cousin to get an apartment through the outreach. I'm currently in on and have been in eligibility review since,however my interview was in July and im still waiting to be certified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 01:04 PM

75 posts, read 311,319 times
Did he get an placement? Fast?

Old 11-26-2012, 06:56 PM

29 posts, read 64,247 times
MzINeedNYCHA: It was a 6 month process for her but remember I am talking about 2007 when the program first began so there were an abundance of vacancies at that time. Not sure how the vacancy rate is right now especially with Hurricane Sandy making so many homeless. That may have pushed everyone back because they will have first priority.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:55 PM

I understand and thank you hun, i know this might sound rude and ungrateful hit in some circumstances, yeah. Lol i am in a homless shelter with my family and like everyone we all looking for an easy way to live in this God forsaking world. I am already approved so i wouldnt see how they put someone over someone who is approved. ****, im on the path of being homeless myself. I just dont understand the whole everything is computer and they dont know. Do anyone know where i can go get additional information other than my development or customer care number

Old 11-28-2012, 04:18 PM

5 posts, read 49,344 times
Hi everyone ! Can anyone give me some info on how long will it take to get an interview from nycha thru DHS when I just got in the shelter, Before I got here I filled out the housing app and was told Im on list as of oct 1st for n4 catagory now sinxe Im in the shelter my catagory is N0, would it be faster now to get an interview ? Oh and what is the FEPS program ?

Old 11-28-2012, 09:12 PM

How did you get nycha through DHS?....is there someone u know at DHS I can contact regarding pushing my nycha app so I can get out this shelter

Old 11-29-2012, 12:43 AM

Okay i can answer both your questions. Beans the feps program is for people who have been evicted from there apartment and is now in a shelter but you need documents stating that you have been going to court trying not to lose your apartment and you have to have an official marshalls lock out. If you had that you are qualified for feps program they pay your rent five years and if your lucky more, and they pay it in full. Thats the only voucher they have out and its stupid. Must people wjo get evicted is for non payment of rent. Anyways, i feel you i been in the shelter all my adult life but i wont let them run me out @nycha girl after all the digging i did on that dhs n Nychas i found out that dhs are some powerful muthafkers! Excuse mye to thos who care. But dhs has a big building down town Manhattan. You need to go there and get a referral. I know when you see that letter that tells u a list of whos first on Nychas list it say dhs/ victims of dv. See dhs doesnt really want anything unless they getting paid for it. Like bloombergs buildings, or supportive housing, supportive housing is where people who need help they have buildings where sick people like ppl on ssi or people who are drug users and things like that are. You have to still see a case manager n they have to come to ur apt which u pay rent for and i aint with that when i live this place i dont want to sign out n in no more. No case managers or unit expection... But anyhows all i know is how you go to get the dhs referral but not how to get it done. Shyt i aint scared to admit me and my family had our battles and share of good tikes but we been in here 4years and im tired of it everytime we almost get our foot to an apt they **** us! Dhs, the shelter we in, hrs.. So im just sticking with housing.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:35 AM

You think they can refer my app to nycha even though I'm in the outreach program to give it an extra boost. I'm soo getting fed up with this place I'm at and what they put you through. I need to get outta here asap!!!

Old 12-20-2012, 12:24 PM

i am not sure but if you find out let me know, i am about to go down to 33 bever streeet (dhs) to see myself soon because this is crazy and i am in need of a place asap. The shelter isnt doing nothing to help and it is hard to look. only thing i found is this website that is called " Nakedapartments.com " and it has cheap apartments but i need nycha its just more better for my family in our situation.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:04 PM

1 posts, read 5,535 times
Default Nycha Monroe

I was just ceritifed for Monroe projects in the Bronx a week ago. I wanted to know how long it takes to be called for a one bedroom? Has anyone moved to Monroe on here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery