Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 04:13 PM

95 posts, read 342,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by midtwnwst View Post
Regardless of the number on your online application,,,the first step is to be randomly chosen in order for them to review your application and then proceed with contacting you for an interview if they like what they see on your application. ITS A LOTTERY AND THEY RANDOMLY CHOOSE "X" NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS! Its very possible that your application will not be randomly chosen in which you would not be contacted. There's a lot of luck involved.
We are all aware it is a lottery. I might be wrong, but I am assuming the applications are randomly numbered and then chosen by order for an interview. Cr52 was called before because of the preference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 08:36 PM

47 posts, read 114,243 times
[quote=love2live;32917576]We are all aware it is a lottery. I might be wrong, but I am assuming the applications are randomly numbered and then chosen by order for an interview. Cr52 was called before because of the preference.[/QUOTE

You would only know that if you were aware of many others who were notified and asked to come in for an interview so you could compare. If you were not contacted to come in for an interview, you would not know where you stand. If someone is saying they have a low log number and how come they werent called in before cr52, its because they havent been randomly chosen yet. The log number they are referring to is the one on the online application and does not have anything to do with being chosen randomly. I have been through this process before.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:42 PM

79 posts, read 219,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love2live View Post
http://www.nyc.gov/html/hpd/download...8th-street.pdf

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if any one who applied for the above development has heard anything. I am aware they are currently in the tenant selection process, so if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated. These are one of the few developments that my family qualifies for because of composition and income so we hope we get picked for one of these because we're bursting out the seams where we currently are.

Thanks in advanced.

I applied but havent heard anyting

Old 01-11-2014, 12:30 PM

[quote=midtwnwst;32921054]
Quote:
Originally Posted by love2live View Post
We are all aware it is a lottery. I might be wrong, but I am assuming the applications are randomly numbered and then chosen by order for an interview. Cr52 was called before because of the preference.[/QUOTE

You would only know that if you were aware of many others who were notified and asked to come in for an interview so you could compare. If you were not contacted to come in for an interview, you would not know where you stand. If someone is saying they have a low log number and how come they werent called in before cr52, its because they havent been randomly chosen yet. The log number they are referring to is the one on the online application and does not have anything to do with being chosen randomly. I have been through this process before.
I have been through this process also and currently live in an 80/20 apartment. The reason I am assuming is because I do not work for HPD and do not know for sure how the process is done exactly. I do not want to give people false information on how the lottery system works. Now if you have inside information and know exactly how it's done please enlighten us so we can have a better understanding.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:46 PM

12 posts, read 32,964 times
Hi, I am new to this forum, but have been following it. I applied for 525 w 28th and received a letter asking for my income info back in December. I called the office today because I was wondering why I haven't received a letter for an interview. CR52 said he took his in a few days before me. The woman that answered the phone said that everyone that was contacted so far has a preference (I am disabled) but they still go by log number and that they were only up to the 7,000s. So I was wondering how cr52 got an interview with a number in the 18,000s? My number is in the 47,000s. Doesn't make sense to me unless she is just miss informed.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:33 PM

Hi roxyga,

Call back the office and let them know that you are aware that someone who has a log number way higher than the 7,000's is going through the interview process and that you would like more info. Keep on top of them, find out when you'll be called for an interview because to my knowledge once you are asked for documents it usually means your application has been selected.

Old 01-15-2014, 06:20 PM

343 posts, read 1,093,956 times
hey guys!

so i received a rejection letter today from 525 w 28th. I applied to this lottery twice (i know i know against the rules) but i only applied twice because my computer stalled when i was applying online, so the application i ended up submitting was incomplete.. so i requested a paper one. i honestly wasn't really hoping to get this lottery, because i'm not at all excited to live on 28th street & 11th avenue lol. However, i will be writing an appeal, just for the heck of it, to see what happens & how long the appeal process takes. And because I'm hoping to get another lottery, so if they did accept my appeal i could use this interview for practice

but the real reason i posted this was to let you all know that if you applied online, the number you see listed when you sign in to the housing connect site, IS indeed your log number. On my housing connect profile, the number under the "Log #" column, next to the 525 West 28th Street Apts line, is 12132. And the number on the letter i got is 12132 - so that is the log number for my online application. The log number for my paper application is 3782.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:08 AM

16 posts, read 35,691 times
Default Heard from 525 W 28th Street

My log number is in the 3,000 range. I was contacted in late December to bring in a list of documents. I was called back the same evening with an appointment in early January. I was also told to bring a money order for $25.00 for the credit/background check. I had another appointment this past Monday to bring in some notarized documents. That is the last I heard.

Keeping my fingers cross...good luck to everyone waiting to hear back.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:38 AM

16 posts, read 44,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchykuba View Post
My log number is in the 3,000 range. I was contacted in late December to bring in a list of documents. I was called back the same evening with an appointment in early January. I was also told to bring a money order for $25.00 for the credit/background check. I had another appointment this past Monday to bring in some notarized documents. That is the last I heard.

Keeping my fingers cross...good luck to everyone waiting to hear back.
Do you have any preference(disability, community board, etc.)?

Old 01-16-2014, 09:24 AM

16 posts, read 35,691 times
Yes, disability
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery