Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2014, 04:37 PM

19 posts, read 45,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchykuba View Post
Here's my timeline.....I received a letter in late Decenber asking me to bring in my documents, I had my interview on January 10, they ran my credit/background check on January 30, I received a call on February 14 requesting a copy of my 1099. And then nothing until today.....

This afternoon I received a call stating that I was approved for an studio apartment and I needed to come in to sign additional income verfication and asset forms.

I went to the 515 West 52 Street location and signed the required documents. I was told that this would be my last contact with this office and my documents would be forwarded to 525 West 28 Street and I should be contacted by them within three days.

I am over the top happy.

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear their status. Thanks for all of the information that was posted.
OMYGOD!! THAT GREAT NEWS!!!! BUT WHICH BUILDING DID YOU APPLY FOR? BY THE WAY CONGRATS AGAIN!! GREAT TO SEE SOMEONE ATLEAST GOT SOMETHING!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 05:18 PM

16 posts, read 35,653 times
I applied for the 525 West 28th Apartments

Old 03-12-2014, 05:50 PM

158 posts, read 304,014 times
Quote:
Here's my timeline.....I received a letter in late Decenber asking me to bring in my documents, I had my interview on January 10, they ran my credit/background check on January 30, I received a call on February 14 requesting a copy of my 1099. And then nothing until today.....

This afternoon I received a call stating that I was approved for an studio apartment and I needed to come in to sign additional income verfication and asset forms.

I went to the 515 West 52 Street location and signed the required documents. I was told that this would be my last contact with this office and my documents would be forwarded to 525 West 28 Street and I should be contacted by them within three days.

I am over the top happy.

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear their status. Thanks for all of the information that was posted.
Congrats! Always great to read it turned out well.
May I ask if you were under any of the preferences and what your log number was (not exact just a round number; 1,000 or 2,000). I'm still waiting to hear word after dropping off my documents over a month ago.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:32 PM

16 posts, read 35,653 times
I have a disability preference and my log number is in the 3,800.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
I have a disability preference and my log number is in the 3,800.
Thank you, it helps to see what they might be working on. I'm in the area so I have a preference as well which I suppose is why they asked for my paperwork.
May be awhile, my number is over 40,000 lol

Old 03-12-2014, 07:20 PM

Hi everyone, I been waiting for someone to start a thread with this building 500 west 30th street. I have few questions...
My husband and I just had a interview with them, and our log# is below 9000, and I also fall under CB4. But I was just wondering did the guy who interviewed you also notarize all the documents right away, and send out most of the letter for verification right away? Or did they leave those paper work for later on? And one more thing than what if my tax income is a little below what they would like the range to be on, does it mean that I won't qualify for it, or there is slight chance for it?
...... thanks to everyone and good look to everyone!

Old 03-12-2014, 08:25 PM

Maya I believe the lottery for 500 w 30th st is being run by a completely different office.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldYork View Post
Maya I believe the lottery for 500 w 30th st is being run by a completely different office.
It's still affordable housing, and today when I went to drop few papers off, this guy was going into the same office as me but he was applying for the 529 28th street building....

Old 03-13-2014, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maya813r View Post
It's still affordable housing, and today when I went to drop few papers off, this guy was going into the same office as me but he was applying for the 529 28th street building....
That's interesting, besides the buildings being physically near each other I thought these two lotteries were handled independently.

Usually any income below or over would automatically disqualify an applicant but it seems as though you've already gone very far into the process so perhaps the guidelines have changed.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:27 AM

95 posts, read 342,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maya813r View Post
Yes 500 west 30th is being run be Related and 525 west 28th is Avalon. They should have different offices running their affordable housing.

Maya, you should start a new thread on 30th street. You'll get more information on that particular development that way since more people will be able to see it in the forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery