Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2014, 01:44 PM

95 posts, read 342,715 times

Advertisements

Hi Tulip,

We haven't been contacted, have the community board preference and dropped off documents in the end of January. It's such a long wait. Would you mind sharing your log number? Just to get an idea of where they are at.

Good luck to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 02:11 PM

9 posts, read 15,749 times
I have a log number in the 20000's. Dropped off original documents in February, and they contacted me last week to drop off some additional information:

Current Lease
Recent Utility Bills
State ID

Most of my pay stubs are from out of state because of freelance work, and they wanted to prove residency, plus I recently moved from the community board. Sounds like my income requirements were ok, or I would assume they wouldn't have requested more. Turned the additional info in early this week. Hard not to get excited when you hear something, even if it is still a lottery! I'm afraid since I recently moved form the community board, they won't consider me a part of it, even though I was when I applied.

Good Luck to you as well!

Old 04-10-2014, 03:14 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,895,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldYork View Post

Thanks for the photos. Repped. Can you post interior shots of the apartments if you can please?

Old 04-10-2014, 05:21 PM

Just got a letter that I don't meet the community board since I moved. Back on the list for me. Oh well! Good luck to all!

Old 04-10-2014, 08:47 PM

95 posts, read 342,715 times
Sorry to hear Tulip. It's a shame the process takes so long, by the time people get picked so many things can have changed...family composition, a change in income. I feel the guidelines should have a little bit more flexibility. For example in your case, why not go by the info you provided at the time of the application.

Old 04-11-2014, 07:43 AM

Yes, it would be nice if it went faster! I understand why they are so strict, with so many applicants, its a quick way to weed people out and make the pool smaller. Although it really sucks I was disqualified. I was living in the community board for all of 2013. Honestly, if it meant getting this apartment, I would have tried to stay where I was, even if it wasn't the best living situation. Since it's a lottery, I couldn't have ever known I would be considered. I'm sure this has happened to others, and they can't exactly make exceptions. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that they make it to my log number for the rest of the apartments.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:53 AM

29 posts, read 77,655 times
Tulip,

The determination by the interviewer is not accurate.

You could have successfully appealed, if you were a CB resident at the deadline of the lottery. I would assume most of your docs may have your Old address.

Note: if you moved into the Board after the deadline, you would not be considered a CB resident. It works the same either way.

You can appeal 2 times with the final determination made by HPD. This assumes you have not let your appeal time expire.

Good Luck.

Old 04-12-2014, 02:33 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,241,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Subsidy Troll View Post
Tulip,

The determination by the interviewer is not accurate.

You could have successfully appealed, if you were a CB resident at the deadline of the lottery. I would assume most of your docs may have your Old address.

Note: if you moved into the Board after the deadline, you would not be considered a CB resident. It works the same either way.

You can appeal 2 times with the final determination made by HPD. This assumes you have not let your appeal time expire.

Good Luck.
Yes! For another lottery I was a resident of the neighborhood as when I applied I lived there. By the time they called me I had moved, I just needed to provide a lease to prove I lived in the neighborhood for board preference. Unfortunately since I freelance they disqualified me cause they said I wouldn't make enough to fit the income bracket even though I did.

Old 04-16-2014, 02:45 PM

Does anybody know how long you have to appeal?!

Old 04-16-2014, 05:00 PM

343 posts, read 1,093,059 times
Usually 2 wks to appeal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery