Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2014, 10:52 PM
SQA

8 posts, read 43,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissUpperEastSide View Post
Hey
I applied and recieved a letter yesterday saying my family's income is below the program minimum. I will be appealing and sending out my later today.
My log # is in the 12, 000's.
Hi! I was wondering how your appeal situation went. I appealed and sent in documents back in December but haven't heard anything. Have you heard anything since?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 08:20 PM

292 posts, read 703,457 times
My log no. Is 1,206. But I dont meet any preference requirements. Well, it was worth a try, lol. I don't think I have a chance now. And the ones in BK, are probably hundred thousand applicants. I live in BK but havent heard from any company yet.

Old 02-13-2014, 08:59 PM

158 posts, read 304,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyalltheway View Post
My log no. Is 1,206. But I dont meet any preference requirements. Well, it was worth a try, lol. I don't think I have a chance now. And the ones in BK, are probably hundred thousand applicants. I live in BK but havent heard from any company yet.
That's actually a great log #, I wouldn't lose hope. Only half the units are going to people with preferences, the other half are going to eveyone else. Give it some time, they have just begun with the preference half, it will probably be a few months.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:38 PM

292 posts, read 703,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldYork View Post
That's actually a great log #, I wouldn't lose hope. Only half the units are going to people with preferences, the other half are going to eveyone else. Give it some time, they have just begun with the preference half, it will probably be a few months.
Awe, thanks. Honestly, you gave me some hope. My log number for 30th street is 35,000 something and the Sugar Hill apts in Harlem is 44,000 something. Harlem is too far from my job and son`s daycare though.

Old 02-18-2014, 11:05 AM

12 posts, read 32,950 times
Default 525 w 28th

Hi, we all can keep praying for each other and believe that we will receive our reward. I called today to find out the status of the applications. The young lady advised me that they are up to disability and don't have a specific number yet. Can any of the folks earlier in the forum who have disabilities possibility enlighten us on this?? Thought they had included this in (preferences), not separately.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyga View Post
I called today to find out the status of the applications. The young lady advised me that they are up to disability and don't have a specific number yet. Can any of the folks earlier in the forum who have disabilities possibility enlighten us on this?? Thought they had included this in (preferences), not separately.
The original ad had a breakdown of the preferenced units;

A general preference will be given to New York City residents. Eligible households that include persons with mobility impairments will receive preference for 5% of the units; eligible households that include persons with visual and/or hearing impairments will receive preference for 2% of the units. Current and eligible residents of Manhattan Community Board 4 will receive preference for 50% of the units and eligible City of New York Municipal Employees will receive a 5% preference.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:27 PM

So following the percentages above from the ad, of the 142 total units for affordable housing, this is the order they have to fill in;

7 units for mobility impairments
3 units for visual/hearing impairments
71 units for residents of CB 4
7 units for city employees
54 units non preference

From Roxyga's call it seems they are still working on the filling the first 10 units.

Old 02-19-2014, 01:13 PM

54 posts, read 215,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
Hi! I was wondering how your appeal situation went. I appealed and sent in documents back in December but haven't heard anything. Have you heard anything since?

Yes and I was denied again

Old 02-19-2014, 11:10 PM
SQA

8 posts, read 43,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissUpperEastSide View Post
Yes and I was denied again
Im sorry to hear that MissUpperEastSide. :-(
I called and left a message and no one has called me back yet. Urgh so frustrating. PS.. a lottery just opened up for 60 Water Street in the Dumbo section of Brooklyn. You have to mail it in though. The app is available online just google it. Thanks again!

Old 02-21-2014, 06:03 AM

54 posts, read 215,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
Im sorry to hear that MissUpperEastSide. :-(
I called and left a message and no one has called me back yet. Urgh so frustrating. PS.. a lottery just opened up for 60 Water Street in the Dumbo section of Brooklyn. You have to mail it in though. The app is available online just google it. Thanks again!
Yes, I did see that one but I need 3 bdrms. That one goes up to 2. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery