Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2014, 02:29 PM

343 posts, read 1,093,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyga View Post
Hi , cr52 good luck to you on getting an apartment. What type of notarized documents did you have to bring in? I have contacted the office twice about getting an interview since I took my documents in a few days after you. They tell me that they are only up to the 7,000s and can't explain why you had an interview with a number in the 18,000s, guess you have an angel looking out for you.
i think cr52 said before they have a disability preference
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 03:21 PM

16 posts, read 73,093 times
private documents, thas all

Old 01-21-2014, 05:41 PM

12 posts, read 32,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLove View Post
i think cr52 said before they have a disability preference
I said earlier that the office said they only sent out letters to those with preferences, which is why I received one. I am disabled also and took in my docs two days after cr52, so I have been trying to find out why I haven't been called in for a interview and the reply has been that they are only up to the 7,000s. They can't explain cr52 getting a interview.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr52 View Post
private documents, thas all

cr52 I didn't ask to see them if you are concerned about that, but I'm sure plenty of us would like to know what kind of documents need to be notorized. If you would please tell us. Thanks.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:14 PM

16 posts, read 73,093 times
just notorized the I donk work I I don't file taxes

Old 01-21-2014, 09:07 PM

16 posts, read 35,671 times
I was asked to bring notarized documents in last Monday. I think that the items that they are asking to be notarized, depends on your personal situation. Here are the items they requested from me:

A letter stating that my daughter would not be moving with me
An explanation of all deposits in each of my checking accounts
A self employed affidavit , with an estimate income for 2013
They wanted a letter from my accountant confirming my estimated income

They also wanted to know the cash value of all my insurance policies

They have sent verification letters to my banks, insurance companies, current landlord and social security.

Hope this info help...

Old 01-22-2014, 12:22 PM

6 posts, read 14,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyga View Post
Hi, I am new to this forum, but have been following it. I applied for 525 w 28th and received a letter asking for my income info back in December. I called the office today because I was wondering why I haven't received a letter for an interview. CR52 said he took his in a few days before me. The woman that answered the phone said that everyone that was contacted so far has a preference (I am disabled) but they still go by log number and that they were only up to the 7,000s. So I was wondering how cr52 got an interview with a number in the 18,000s? My number is in the 47,000s. Doesn't make sense to me unless she is just miss informed.

Hey do you mind giving the number you called to inquire about your status? Thanks in advance

Old 01-23-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazzyb30 View Post
Hey do you mind giving the number you called to inquire about your status? Thanks in advance
No problem, I called 212 957-0511.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:13 PM

Default 525 w 28th

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr52 View Post
just notorized the I donk work I I don't file taxes
cr52, thank you and Punchykuba for giving out that personal information. I appreciate it.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,546 times
hi,
in late December I received a letter stating I was randomly selected and that I need to bring documents by dec 31. I brought those documents and still have not heard back. now I do have a disability preference and I also have a high 40s log number. I contacted the office today and they stated they were only up to 15000s. The fact that people received a letter does it mean that if they meet the requirements they get the apartment or does it mean they are in the pool of people that can be selected. do they interview the selected people and place them in a specific pool or do they interview, approve and keep going until they fill the apartments? I really need to move and I think that this can happen.
the other thing for me is that last year I made enough to qualify for a studio apartment, now I make enough to qualify for at one bedroom. would they go by last years income or my current projected income?
Also my credit is not great.. would they allow for a guarantor?
thanks, jon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery