Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2015, 04:57 PM

197 posts, read 253,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amourlee View Post
Oh ok they don't ask for nothing out of the world to follow up on the second interview. I thought they would require crazy, jump through hoops to get info in the second interview.
And yeah we won't wear suits and slacks but nothing too ghetto either lol. We want to look presentable but nothing that says the whole hood will be in the new developments either lol.
Lmao... No nothing crazy.. You'll be fine lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 07:38 PM

111 posts, read 137,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinigurlMila View Post
I called today to find out the status of our application and the lady said his credit was good ..but they didn't view the application yet because they are going by preferences.. She informed me that she's doing mobile and disability then the next batch which is community district is next. Our preference is community district... Then she said we will be contacted very very soon..
Can i ask which number you call please

Old 11-12-2015, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavis21 View Post
Can i ask which number you call please
Can i ask how long since you did ur interview?

Old 11-13-2015, 06:44 AM

436 posts, read 495,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess10 View Post
I went to see the apartment at 4:30pm.. They are extremely nice.. I saw about 4 in 491 Sheffield.. Very very nice..
Okay, and did you finally sign a lease?? Or there is something else in the process after viewing the apartment ?

Old 11-13-2015, 08:01 AM

Default Have faith not fear!

Quote:
Okay, and did you finally sign a lease?? Or there is something else in the process after viewing the apartment ?

No I haven't signed a lease as of yet, but the person who showed me the apartments stated that if it was being shown it was because I got it. But I honestly feel like nothing is written in stone until you sign a lease. I spoke to the lady who is assisting me and she stated that today my paper work will be sent of for approval.

fingers crossed. I have all sorts of faith that all will go well.

Good Luck on the interview, keep us posted.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:02 AM

That's great. I think you got it. If you viewed an apartment then you must of been approved already. I don't think they will show an apartment to someone that is not approved. I'm soooo happy for you.
So I went to the interview today, I was one of the first, but in less than an hour after I got there, it was full house! Lots of people!
The lady checked all of our paperwork, and everything was set and in order. I asked about the credit score that what's the minimum, she said 550, I'm good, I have an average score.
She said that after this interview, they will send in the employment verification and check the credit history and after that if it shows everything is good then we will be contacted for a 2nd interview. She said all of the household members need to be present as well, or else we will be disqualified.
Now is just the matter of the waiting game! I feel better than before because it's one step closer to us being approved, but I'm still anxious!!

Old 11-13-2015, 02:50 PM

Default Have faith no fear

Quote:
That's great. I think you got it. If you viewed an apartment then you must of been approved already. I don't think they will show an apartment to someone that is not approved. I'm soooo happy for you.
So I went to the interview today, I was one of the first, but in less than an hour after I got there, it was full house! Lots of people!
The lady checked all of our paperwork, and everything was set and in order. I asked about the credit score that what's the minimum, she said 550, I'm good, I have an average score.
She said that after this interview, they will send in the employment verification and check the credit history and after that if it shows everything is good then we will be contacted for a 2nd interview. She said all of the household members need to be present as well, or else we will be disqualified.
Now is just the matter of the waiting game! I feel better than before because it's one step closer to us being approved, but I'm still anxious!!

Glad all went well. When I went to the first interview I was literally in there for no more then 15 mins. I swear it took me longer to get there. The lady who assisted me was very nice. yes the wait of knowing now is crucial. I have become stressed. lmao.. I contacted the office today and spoke to a lady who has been helping me. She is such a sweetheart, I confirmed that I faxed over the requested documents and she stated that all look well, she was submitting for approval and that I will be contacted within the next 5 days.. URGH the wait continues... lol

once again im glad all went well for you.. hey you never know we might be neighbors

Old 11-13-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess10 View Post
Glad all went well. When I went to the first interview I was literally in there for no more then 15 mins. I swear it took me longer to get there. The lady who assisted me was very nice. yes the wait of knowing now is crucial. I have become stressed. lmao.. I contacted the office today and spoke to a lady who has been helping me. She is such a sweetheart, I confirmed that I faxed over the requested documents and she stated that all look well, she was submitting for approval and that I will be contacted within the next 5 days.. URGH the wait continues... lol

once again im glad all went well for you.. hey you never know we might be neighbors
Oh that's great!!!! Yeah, our lady was great also!! She spoke Spanish as well, since my husband isn't very fluent in English and she was even joking around with him. I hope all our employment and credit history checks out well, so that we could go on to the second interview. I have faith. I think God is blessing us with this opportunity. You as well!! Just keep in touch when you do sign the lease !! Lol 🙏🏼

Old 11-17-2015, 06:46 PM

5 posts, read 7,856 times
Hey where did u go for.the interview I lost my paper I know.she said 1468 in manhattan

Old 11-17-2015, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinigurlMila View Post
Yea and its true credit has to be good preferably above 600....
The lady told me as long as it's over 550
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery