Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2015, 07:02 PM

19 posts, read 67,178 times

Advertisements

No. But I asked did the credit really matter and she said yes. So I'm just hoping for the best.w
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 07:34 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,350,131 times
It's going to be weird seeing you folks riding with us regulars on the 3 when y'all move in lol.

Old 09-06-2015, 07:31 AM

12 posts, read 29,805 times
Lol Since 50% of the apartments are given to people who live in the community, most of them are already regulars on the 3 train.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:15 AM

196 posts, read 219,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityscapenyc View Post
NYCLotteryGurl is known as a troll on other forums. Nothing comes out of mouth but negativity. Its best to ignore her.

Yesssssssssss she troll every where and give false information and talk down on topics she don't no she was on Gateway and hunting south point feed

Old 09-06-2015, 08:23 AM

196 posts, read 219,698 times
Interview try to have all the requested documents during the interview and organize because once you have everything that's when they start processing your file... It's not w interview they gather all your information then management run your credit do verification on bank account current landlord and employment they send letters to get verification once that go through then you get called to sign papers to send to the city after city approval you view apartment if you like it you will provide most recent pay stubs to make sure you still qualify and then you sign your lease

Old 09-06-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivalatash View Post
Interview try to have all the requested documents during the interview and organize because once you have everything that's when they start processing your file... It's not w interview they gather all your information then management run your credit do verification on bank account current landlord and employment they send letters to get verification once that go through then you get called to sign papers to send to the city after city approval you view apartment if you like it you will provide most recent pay stubs to make sure you still qualify and then you sign your lease
Thank you for the info @Vivalatash. I haven't received a phone call from them since the interview and I was extra prepared. They also haven't sent the employment verification to my job yet so, I'm not sure what's going on. Waiting is literally the hardest part

Old 09-17-2015, 12:59 PM

78 posts, read 168,740 times
any updates from anyone?

Old 09-17-2015, 05:14 PM

I haven't heard anything back. I was thinking about calling them, but I'm not sure if it's too soon. I'm definitely going to tomorrow because I want to know what's going on lol

Old 09-21-2015, 06:02 PM

4 posts, read 8,345 times
Is it true that you need a 700 credit score to be given these apartments? I haven't noticed a credit score requirement in any of these lottery applications. Also, does anyone know if you can change the household members on the application you already submitted after you've been called for an interview?

Old 09-22-2015, 07:36 AM

78 posts, read 168,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer12 View Post
Is it true that you need a 700 credit score to be given these apartments? I haven't noticed a credit score requirement in any of these lottery applications. Also, does anyone know if you can change the household members on the application you already submitted after you've been called for an interview?
From my experience in applying to lotteries, you definitely need a good credit score but each development is different in regards to the numbers. In regards to changing members, there are exceptions due to birth. They could also recalculate your income to see if you are still eligible. But others are pretty strict about accepting applications as is so that you need to ask up front.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery