Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2015, 10:18 AM

196 posts, read 330,291 times

Advertisements

Oh city worker have higher chance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 10:41 AM

457 posts, read 737,299 times
I can see Livonia Commons being a Pitt of utter sadness In no time. You'll have people who don't have much financially move in and ruin the place. I wouldn't even want to be the doorman or concierge in that building. Seeing a tenant enter the building in a wife beater, grey sweat pants or a hoody walk into a luxury condo building would set anyone into a rage.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:34 PM

78 posts, read 168,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorditostyle View Post
Oh city worker have higher chance
city worker's do have about a 5% chance but it works to your advantage if you have CB preference. Glad to see that they are already sending out letters.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:53 PM

372 posts, read 398,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLotteryGurl View Post
I can see Livonia Commons being a Pitt of utter sadness In no time. You'll have people who don't have much financially move in and ruin the place. I wouldn't even want to be the doorman or concierge in that building. Seeing a tenant enter the building in a wife beater, grey sweat pants or a hoody walk into a luxury condo building would set anyone into a rage.
Clearly nobody at luxury condos go for a morning jog.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:52 PM

78 posts, read 168,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Shuts Up View Post
NYCLotteryGurl is known as a troll on other forums. Nothing comes out of mouth but negativity. Its best to ignore her.

Old 08-21-2015, 02:30 PM

457 posts, read 737,299 times
When is the last time you saw anyone jog in East NY? The last time I did was when they were getting Fried chicken or ice cream. Every other time someone jogs is to escape the police. Nobody wears a doo rag, hoody, wife beater, and great sweats to jog.

Anyone jogging in a wife beater is low class. People wear upscale things to be aerobically fit. A wife beater and hoody isn't one of those things.

Old 08-21-2015, 02:47 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,933,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityscapenyc View Post
NYCLotteryGurl is known as a troll on other forums. Nothing comes out of mouth but negativity. Its best to ignore her.
Everyone should ignore the ridiculous haters. At least one of them is a complete fraud, one at best a recent transplant - who cares; irrelevant.

It has been much-discussed that this will be a wonderful place to live, beautiful apartments and common spaces. The transportation options are very good and the area will come around. There is community in East New York, not just 'hoodrats. You can make common cause with the decent people.

Old 08-21-2015, 05:27 PM

196 posts, read 330,291 times
Don't feed the troll lol

The area isn't hood at all , most houses in the area are value at 300k +
You can even do a quick google map street view to see for yourself lol

I'm not in the CB % but damn my log number is low (lowest I ever been)

Old 08-24-2015, 07:27 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,093,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Shuts Up View Post
They HIRE people to jog FOR them.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:45 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,810,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorditostyle View Post
Don't feed the troll lol

The area isn't hood at all , most houses in the area are value at 300k +
You can even do a quick google map street view to see for yourself lol

I'm not in the CB % but damn my log number is low (lowest I ever been)
Agreed it isn't the worse area in Brownsville but where have you been where you think 300k in NYC is high...? Anything under 500k that isn't a condo, co-op, luxury apt. is considered cheap and would make me question the area... A couple of years ago I would have agreed with you, and then I saw a house listing on Zillow where the picture of the house included the beautiful view of Pink Houses in the background and they were asking for 499,000. This was back in 2012-13. The RE prices are absolutely ridiculous right now and if most of the houses given this current market are in the 300K range in that area, chances are the neighborhood is hood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery