Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2016, 06:30 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,857,841 times

Advertisements

I thought you only need a birth certificate for individuals living in the unit under 18. That's what all the emails and mail said. I don't think i'll be able to get a copy of mine before next week when they are scheduling more interviews. I really don't want to get my hopes up, it's like winning the real lottery that feeling when you first hear about an interview.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:32 PM

246 posts, read 485,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
I thought you only need a birth certificate for individuals living in the unit under 18. That's what all the emails and mail said. I don't think i'll be able to get a copy of mine before next week when they are scheduling more interviews. I really don't want to get my hopes up, it's like winning the real lottery that feeling when you first hear about an interview.
Everyone that is on the apartment application needs to have their birth certificate. It's a must to pr Be who you are they stress that. And pets are allowed.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:18 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,857,841 times
Thanks for the info. I guess I have to order a copy soon.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:12 PM

114 posts, read 180,196 times
Yeah just to reiterate, you absolutely need one. I gave them a certified copy from my birth state, rather than a photocopy. Assume they'd take the latter but they were such pills about that one.

Old 09-13-2016, 08:06 AM

246 posts, read 485,962 times
I think you should bring everything that is listed on the email regarding identification. That is what I did.

Old 09-13-2016, 08:08 AM

6,689 posts, read 6,038,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
I just got an invitation for this lottery via email and my log # was like 15K. I'm excited because it's a truly affordable unit for my income unlike the other ones I got an interview for. Anyone know if pets are allowed in this building? I won't waste anyone's time if I can't bring my dog.
Hi Aquarius,

Do you have preference?
Good luck with that log number - I'm surprised they'd call anyone with such a high one!

Old 09-13-2016, 10:07 AM

56 posts, read 93,512 times
Received notice of interview for next week. Log number over 15K. I think I qualify for district preference, but still very surprised to be contacted with that log number. I've been trying for 15+ years and this is my first chance. The document hunt began last night. I can't find my SS card. Oy vey! Please keep sharing your experiences. It's really helpful. Thank you everyone.

Old 09-13-2016, 10:55 AM

6,689 posts, read 6,038,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrklynTransplant View Post
Received notice of interview for next week. Log number over 15K. I think I qualify for district preference, but still very surprised to be contacted with that log number. I've been trying for 15+ years and this is my first chance. The document hunt began last night. I can't find my SS card. Oy vey! Please keep sharing your experiences. It's really helpful. Thank you everyone.
Congratulations! Wish you much success!

BTW, I have noticed that some people get a, "NP" as part of their log numbers, and that means, "No Preference" I wonder if the no preferences are people who are applying from outside of NYC? Why wouldn't I and others here, get a NP for instance, if we don't have a CB preference, nor a disability?

Old 09-13-2016, 11:53 AM

91 posts, read 136,710 times
Based on seeing all of these second rounds of interviews and high log numbers I am beyond confused. Could it really be that that many people weren't eligible in the first rounds?

Anyone who has an interview next week, can you confirm that you DO NOT have a CB preference?

My only theory is that they did first round with CB preference, and the next rounds are for those with other preferences or none at all.

Just a guess. Not in any way sure though.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:03 PM

91 posts, read 136,710 times
Keep us posted! Wishing you the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwnhtsresident View Post
So. I just got a rejection letter in the mail for "You never submitted all documentation required for us to consider your file." Which is BS - as per my previous post just 2 days ago, the only thing I was missing was my birth cert., which I emailed to them two days after my interview, and never got a reply. Obviously they never added it to my file. smh.

Obviously I've already called and left a message about an appeal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery