Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2017, 06:19 PM

454 posts, read 528,248 times

Advertisements

Lala im sure u can find a few good things from walmart that wont break the bank and hold you down until ur able to get more.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:32 AM

188 posts, read 178,402 times
Hello everyone! So although they told me wait till the 17th I just called lol and the lady told me still processing and I said "how so if last week I was told it was in HPD" so then she said let me double check and she said oh yes it's in hpd... so the moral of the story is make sure they r really checking (not sure how u will do that) because I think they are so used to saying "still processing" they might just say it to say it lol

Old 03-13-2017, 09:19 AM

279 posts, read 218,179 times
Good morning yan2 I'm keeping my fingers crossed , I hope you get it.good morning Lovemlaya, lala4613, jimmie, and annettedl3, inthebx

Old 03-13-2017, 09:34 AM

174 posts, read 187,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annettedlc3 View Post
Thanks Babygirl. @Yan2, yes if your bracket is full they put u in another as long as you have enough income to pay the rent. So if you fall in the lower bracket they will not give you one of a higher bracket however if you are in the higher bracket then you can get any of the apartments available. But like everyone has said we should be good. Prayer works so lets pray.
That's not how it works. Not sure if the person you were talking to misspoke, or if they're just uninformed.. but that's not how it works.

It MAY be that you happen to fall into two income brackets, and so if one fills up, they could let you into the other.. That's possible, and so there is some leeway there, but if you only fall into one income band, and that band fills up, you're done.

That's a city thing. The individual companies filling up these buildings have no say in the matter, unless they're willing to forge documents for you.

Old 03-13-2017, 09:33 PM

20 posts, read 17,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TizOnly1 View Post
That's not how it works. Not sure if the person you were talking to misspoke, or if they're just uninformed.. but that's not how it works.

It MAY be that you happen to fall into two income brackets, and so if one fills up, they could let you into the other.. That's possible, and so there is some leeway there, but if you only fall into one income band, and that band fills up, you're done.

That's a city thing. The individual companies filling up these buildings have no say in the matter, unless they're willing to forge documents for you.
TizOnly1, then she is giving the wrong info because that is what she told me. My income fallstatement under the higher bracket so I guess I only fall into that one.... well that changes things. I'm just going to stop calling because I am just getting so confused and ansy... but thanks for the clarity.... 😫😫😭😩😧

Old 03-13-2017, 09:57 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,240,189 times
^ You may have misunderstood. If the apt is just for you, you may fit income wise in both the studio and 1 bedroom so perhaps that's what she was saying. Meaning say you wanted the 1 bedroom but they were all taking so they could then offer you a studio. If you could get any apartment then why would they bother having these strict income requirements

Old 03-14-2017, 05:36 PM

351 posts, read 502,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babygirl49 View Post
Thanks to you ladies I will moving to the third floor in middle of March , I have a three bedroom , if you like to give me your email or phone number, I will send you the pictures, once again congratulations.

Do you mind sending me pics of the 3 bedroom waiting on the approval? My email is marylouheras2@aim.com

Old 03-14-2017, 07:52 PM

260 posts, read 333,065 times
So what is the supers job? Who cleans the building? Outside? Trash? I mean what's up here? Is just me or is every other building side walk shoveled off and this one isn't and trash stay all over the side walk. The trash room on the 4th floor is stuff can't even open the door. Can't just let things rock cause management will

Old 03-15-2017, 02:12 AM

That's crazy lala4613 called the management everyday until you get them to do what they have to do cause I think it's the super job to do that and that's crazy.

Old 03-15-2017, 02:15 AM

Management better wake up and start taking care their bulidings and then they have all these rules but needs to do something about the trash and the snow outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery