Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 11:03 AM

76 posts, read 151,805 times

Advertisements

So I just recently got approved through the management company for an apartment from a lottery the Morris avenue apartments to be exact. I seen my unit and just awaiting for the approval from HDC. How long does it usually takes to hear something back from hdc and do they deny people after the management approves them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 11:24 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,842,159 times
Unless the management company made a big mistake, you're fine. It's to make sure that the management companies are following the guidelines and also to make sure there's no favoritism. Sometimes it takes a long time to get approved by HDC though.

Old 06-01-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
Unless the management company made a big mistake, you're fine. It's to make sure that the management companies are following the guidelines and also to make sure there's no favoritism. Sometimes it takes a long time to get approved by HDC though.
Do you know about how long? One person said 3 to 5 business days but I've been waiting for about 2 weeks I'm growing very anxious

Old 06-01-2017, 01:17 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,842,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raquel89 View Post
Do you know about how long? One person said 3 to 5 business days but I've been waiting for about 2 weeks I'm growing very anxious
It can take a week or over a month. It depends on many factors.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:46 AM

33 posts, read 84,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raquel89 View Post
Hi Raquel, I was also approved by the management for Morris Avenue Apartments. My journey started on March 2017. Would you imagine how anxious i've been feeling for the last couple of months. So, we have summitted all documents in March and got approved by mangement that same month. My documents were just sent to HDC like two 3 weeks ago. I know this because HDC asked for my most recent 6 paystubs and a surrender letter certifying that i will leave my apartment once i get approved by HDC. SO,nothing after i sent all of this, June 5 to exact. Today is June 22 and i havent received the approval...i called management and he said that they go by log numbers for the approval...

Its a waiting gamee!!! its hard to be patient but we have to wait..management also told me that 90 percent of the application are approved if they are sent to HDC. The only reason they cannot approve you is if you made freud to the documents like falsifying the tax returns!!

Old 06-22-2017, 12:10 PM

11 posts, read 35,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly05 View Post
Hi Raquel, I was also approved by the management for Morris Avenue Apartments. My journey started on March 2017. Would you imagine how anxious i've been feeling for the last couple of months. So, we have summitted all documents in March and got approved by mangement that same month. My documents were just sent to HDC like two 3 weeks ago. I know this because HDC asked for my most recent 6 paystubs and a surrender letter certifying that i will leave my apartment once i get approved by HDC. SO,nothing after i sent all of this, June 5 to exact. Today is June 22 and i havent received the approval...i called management and he said that they go by log numbers for the approval...

Its a waiting gamee!!! its hard to be patient but we have to wait..management also told me that 90 percent of the application are approved if they are sent to HDC. The only reason they cannot approve you is if you made freud to the documents like falsifying the tax returns!!
@shelly05
I was approved as well and my stuff was sent on May 19th. I submitted my letter to release the apt last week, so confused on the wait. I am extremely anxious and wondering if there will still be apartments left.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecordMo View Post
@shelly05
I was approved as well and my stuff was sent on May 19th. I submitted my letter to release the apt last week, so confused on the wait. I am extremely anxious and wondering if there will still be apartments left.
@RecordMo

I so confused on the waiting time as well i thought i would be fast once sent to HDC. Apparently it is not. I dont think you have to worry about if theres units left because remember we have already seen the unit we were assigned for. That unit is sent with the papers to HDC so they cant come with the story that there is no unit available.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:26 PM

11 posts, read 35,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly05 View Post
@RecordMo

I so confused on the waiting time as well i thought i would be fast once sent to HDC. Apparently it is not. I dont think you have to worry about if theres units left because remember we have already seen the unit we were assigned for. That unit is sent with the papers to HDC so they cant come with the story that there is no unit available.
@shelly05

Oh okay that makes me feel better bc the apt is beautiful and the building is new.
I know there's nothing wrong with my paperwork but i've been waiting so long i'm starting to think the worst.

Wish you the best and a response soon!

Old 06-22-2017, 04:31 PM

Hey guys I'm starting to think it's the management I keep emailing my worker Kimberly O'quinn and asking her about an update and she keeps saying nothing yet I know someone really close to me log number that's in the thousands we saw the apartments about a week apart she's already in her unit she just had a different worker. I'm like so anxious it's ridiculous I didn't go to two other lottery interviews because I wanted this unit so bad I hope hdc doesn't deny me

Old 06-23-2017, 10:49 AM

Hey raquel, i know this waiting its ridiculous...I chech my phone constantly and i texted my worker last week thursday and he said still no response... I dont want to be annoying but i feel i going crazy about this process. I dont know my mind is full of thoughts like How HDC takes sooo longgggggg!!!! to only reviewww the papers!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery