Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 01:43 PM

76 posts, read 151,814 times

Advertisements

Anything yet ladies ? ����*♀️ I received nothing today I'm dying playing the waiting game
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 09:51 AM

33 posts, read 84,118 times
Nothing as of yet... Im dying too !!!

Old 06-27-2017, 03:36 PM

61 posts, read 101,040 times
Hey All,

My process with this lottery has been really interesting and stressful. I live right in the community, actually four blocks away, and at the time I worked for the city. It all started back in September 2016, when I had my first interview to submit documents. I got a little worried when I didn't hear anything because now it was January 2017. It was weird that I didn't hear anything by thn because I have been though this whole process several times but with different complexes. So I waited until February 2017 to reach out. I called several times and was told that I had to be patient. At that time I wasn't giving any information. I called again in March 2017 to see if there was an update. I were told that I was put on a waiting list because there wasn't an units available. So I was like **** it!!!! My log number is 11,XXX. I was told it could be months or years when an unit would be available. At that point I was really disappointed and upset because they could have reached out to let me know.

In May I got an email stating that they was going to move forward with my file. I resubmitted all the documents again and then I was assigned an one bedroom apartment, which was at market rate($1208). I saw the apartment and I felt in LOVE. But right when they was about to send my file to HDC for final approval, my income changed. So now I might have to be reassigned to a different apartment but its up to HDC. I was also told that it might not be any more units available in that tax range($847). My file was send back to HDC on June 2 and I have been waiting since. I called HDC yesterday to see if I could get any update, and I was told that management would be giving out the updates and that they do have my file but its under review. I heard that the management company files has been put on hold and that it might be a minute until we hear something. But best of luck to everyone

Old 06-28-2017, 12:24 PM

Hey Stanakid,

Thank your for sharing your story. I guess we all are going through frustration. I wanted to tell you that i texted my agent today, he said that they started receiving approvals this week after months. So he said that by Friday or early July I should hear something.

I hope this is the same for everybody!!!

Old 06-28-2017, 01:26 PM

I hope so as well.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:13 PM

Does anyone have the office number?

Old 06-29-2017, 09:16 PM

8 posts, read 13,723 times
RecordMo and Shelly05- can you share details about the apartment surrender letter that was required? What information does it ask about? Does the landlord have to sign it as well? I'm a month away from the end of my current lease waiting for approval in a different lottery and can't afford to renew my current apartment for another year while I wait- if my paperwork doesn't process in time I may have to move out and stay with family until the lottery processes our final approval... just wondering if this would pose a problem because I wouldn't be able to get my landlords signature on any required paperwork once I move out. Maybe I'll just go month to month and hope for the best. Any insight into this particular part of the process would be most appreciated!

Old 06-30-2017, 09:20 AM

Hey LICresident

The surrender letter is only for HDC properties. If you are currently living in another property that is financed by HDC, meaning that you got it by lottery or through real state and the rent is stabilized, then when HDC process your application, they will know and they will ask you for the surrender letter. On this letter, you are required to state that once approved by HDC you are willing to leave the apartment and notify your current landord. It does not have to be signed by the landlord.

how's your process going, how far are you?

Im just waiting for HDC to finally approve my application..

Old 06-30-2017, 09:56 AM

76 posts, read 151,814 times
Anything from hdc yet ladies ? Please let me know as I will do the same I'm so scared I just keep praying

Old 06-30-2017, 10:06 AM

8 posts, read 13,723 times
Thanks so much for your explanation shelly05. We haven't made it to the HDC approval but have an informal confirmation from the management company that a unit has been reserved for us. This is for a lottery in long island city. Fingers crossed the official news is coming soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery