Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2024, 12:47 PM

47 posts, read 38,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoykapitalism View Post
would they start contacting GP before finishing everyone who has preference ? such as CB?
That was my question also. does this mean they have satisfied all of the 50% CB preference allocation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2024, 12:59 PM

66 posts, read 47,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoykapitalism View Post
would they start contacting GP before finishing everyone who has preference ? such as CB?
Apparently they sent messages to the first group of PG people, I say this because the person who previously said it is log # 1xx without preference and was contacted to send documents! I imagine they're done with the preferences, but we won't really know until they put more information here! I am log #5xx with no preference and I have not been contacted yet!

Old 02-05-2024, 01:12 PM

28 posts, read 30,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvingardins11 View Post
I was also fully approved!! When did you put your move in date?
Thanks, y'all! My move in date is 3/15! Good luck to everyone else in the process. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!

Old 02-05-2024, 03:04 PM

66 posts, read 47,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soby View Post
Thanks for letting us know your process! This tells us that they finally reached the general population in my opinion! That's good news, this is going very quickly because in previous posts someone mentioned about reaching PG in April I think!
If you don’t mind when did they contact you?

Old 02-05-2024, 03:33 PM

25 posts, read 21,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindylouwho123 View Post
Thanks, y'all! My move in date is 3/15! Good luck to everyone else in the process. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!
Any issues uploading documents to the clipper page? Mine seem to just disappear.

Old 02-05-2024, 03:39 PM

111 posts, read 135,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viajetjaguar View Post
I've been contacted to submit documents for this building. My log number is # 1xx with no preferences. I'm hoping with this low log number, I'll be able to finally land something. I've been selected numerous times before, but with much higher log numbers and things haven't worked out.

From reading up, it looks like people have been making progress with this location, but can anyone provide clarity as to why I'd be selected so late with such a low log number. I assume it has to do with no having those preferences and thus the wave of no preferences getting contacted begins now.

Good luck everyone!
Wow that's amazing!

A bit of a bummer though for all other preferences. I do understand that not everyone who gets contacted is on here so we don't truly know anything for sure. Hoping Brittany gets on here and provides a bit more clarity surrounding all other preferences and gp.

Congratulations everyone who has signed leases. Please send positive energy for the rest of us lol

Old 02-05-2024, 05:03 PM

4 posts, read 2,552 times
Update: first assigned/viewed a studio this afternoon. Would be a nice apartment but it was completely under construction with workers chilling and having lunch in the unit. The layout made it very very small (to be fair, it is a studio so will be small). Brittany, who is phenomenal btw and deserves all the praise she gets here found a similar unit in the building later in the day that was more constructed and took a video for me. Some interest due to building and amenities but along with a few other questions asked to see a 1br which they had available to assign/show this evening. Glad I asked because it was night and day and immediately sent email to the management to confirm my interest.

They were clear with me that the processing would take time due to my 6xxx log number but to be patient and hopefully will be mine. Now just awaiting the next steps (presuming next business day as i finished the viewing fairly late) but I’m optimistic.

Thanks for the help everyone

Old 02-05-2024, 06:26 PM

40 posts, read 41,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanyv616 View Post
Happy to clarify this! When you apply to the lottery you receive a random log number. But once we (the marketing agency) receives the "log book" (the list of applicants), we go in order. 1,2,3,4...etc. So it's only when you initially apply that it is random. Does that make sense?
Hi Brittany! Any updates about how many CB units you have left ? Or any updates in general ? Much appreciated, thanks!!

Old 02-05-2024, 06:29 PM

40 posts, read 41,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazzman View Post
Update: first assigned/viewed a studio this afternoon. Would be a nice apartment but it was completely under construction with workers chilling and having lunch in the unit. The layout made it very very small (to be fair, it is a studio so will be small). Brittany, who is phenomenal btw and deserves all the praise she gets here found a similar unit in the building later in the day that was more constructed and took a video for me. Some interest due to building and amenities but along with a few other questions asked to see a 1br which they had available to assign/show this evening. Glad I asked because it was night and day and immediately sent email to the management to confirm my interest.

They were clear with me that the processing would take time due to my 6xxx log number but to be patient and hopefully will be mine. Now just awaiting the next steps (presuming next business day as i finished the viewing fairly late) but I’m optimistic.

Thanks for the help everyone
So happy for you! Good for you for asking to see other options! If you don’t mind inputting some info on this spreadsheet - this is how we all have been keeping track to see where the process is. Thank you! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...XxJU4/htmlview

Old 02-05-2024, 06:34 PM

28 posts, read 30,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKmama View Post
Any issues uploading documents to the clipper page? Mine seem to just disappear.
Yeah I was able to upload all my documents, except for the ones pertaining to my pets. Spent like an hour trying to do it and finally just gave up and uploaded it in one of the other sections that I wasn't using (something about self-employment).

I did also try calling the marketing agent and the leasing agent to see if there were alternate ways for me to provide those, but got sent to voice mail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery