Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2024, 11:47 AM

18 posts, read 10,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush94 View Post
Nice!! I would assume you would have some sort of credit for the "extra" rent you paid. Im curious would you move your lease day earlier knowing you still had to pay the full month?? Do you have access to the apartment? Have you seen the dog washing station (I am assuming you have a pet)?

What are the next steps?

CONGRATS !!
No, I chose the move-in date that works best for me - they asked me what date I wanted so it seems like it's very flexible. I will get access on the day the lease starts. Someone else on the thread said they received the digital keys that morning.

I have not seen the dog wash station. Not sure if it's ready yet as they didn't show it to us when I toured the building.

Next steps I believe are working with the concierge to schedule move-in and providing proof of renter's insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2024, 05:16 PM

36 posts, read 31,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viajetjaguar View Post
this lottery has been a wild ride.

• selected - 2/5
--docs submitted - 2/5
• additional docs requested - 3/7
--docs submitted - 3/9
• viewed units & made an offer - 3/11
--The room wasn't very spacious, but was aesthetically pleasing with a lot of closet space, nice views of the water, a nice bathroom, and in-unit washer & dryer. The lobby, and building amenities are aesthetically impressive, but very much under construction. the garage is under construction as are the outdoor terrace spaces and some fixtures in miscellaneous hallways. Even 1 elevator we took at one point still rendered exposed materials needing to be finished and a questionable response time to button prompt (I actually considered that my touring party might get stuck on the elevator mid-tour). I was told that the construction should be completed by June, but these are not huge hindrances to be honest. However, they are contributing to the costs and wouldn't be able to really be enjoyed until June allegedly. The pool is a 3 lane pool that is relatively small and shallow the entire way (still a nice amenity, but you'll add $250 to your monthly for access). The gym was impressive, but small. The sauna/spa was very small especially for the amount of apartments within these buildings. The mail/package room was very impressive. All in all, this location feels a little like a sham at first, but within a year I do think this will be an amazing location neighborhood wise (with patience). Behind the building is the appearance of a vacant lot that is intended to become a park within a year.

*My opinion: I am in the 80% AMI and was shown a 100% AMI Studio. The rent communicated while viewing didn't match my AMI's and I was told to inquire with my e-mail contact at the property managing office to investigate that. I did and was told that due to my income docs., I qualify for a 100% AMI Unit. My contact even sent me my literal income as per the documents submitted and this number STILL didn't put me in the 100% AMI. I reached out to HPD to get a second perspective and even they responded that this isn't supposed to happen. Literally, while talking to HPD, i receive an explanation from the contact saying that all 80% AMI studios & 1-bedrooms were given to people with CB preference. So, I'm fortunate to be offered a place I don't qualify for and I, as a NYC native, love other natives getting priority, but I do recommend exercising caution as it seems they care more about filling rooms than our ability to live their practically.*

I am currently still mulling over the decision, intend to respond to them soon and have updated the spread sheet thus far. I'll update this again at that point. Wishing you all the best!
Hi! Can you share if you ended up accepting the unit. I’m in the same situation where I should qualify for an 80% AMI unit but was shown one in the 100% AMI instead. My income that they overestimated based on the pay stubs does NOT fall in the 100% AMI either. I love the unit but I don’t know how to proceed with this.

Old 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM

16 posts, read 9,956 times
Hi, maybe some one know
If I sent my appeal by regular mail, how will I know if they received it and what is the status of my appeal?

Old 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM

47 posts, read 34,708 times
Hi everyone--just an update that I moved into the North Tower yesterday! I am very happy. Feel free to ask me questions and I'll try my best to answer.

Old 04-16-2024, 10:47 AM

18 posts, read 10,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Tears View Post
Hi everyone--just an update that I moved into the North Tower yesterday! I am very happy. Feel free to ask me questions and I'll try my best to answer.
Congratulations! I'll be joining you in one month.

Was wondering about mail - were you able to have your mail forwarded via USPS Change of Address? When I went to try it, the building wasn't set up with apartment numbers in the USPS system so I couldn't.

Old 04-16-2024, 05:28 PM

Thank you. When I tried to do it a month or so ago, USPS was not set up yet. Today, USPS online allowed me to forward my mail. My understanding is that the address is 77 and not 85 or 87...and that you need to put Unit # (the numbers and the letter).

I just had a friend send me some test postcards to see if I get them. Fingers crossed they arrive in a couple of days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeerMurmurs View Post
Congratulations! I'll be joining you in one month.

Was wondering about mail - were you able to have your mail forwarded via USPS Change of Address? When I went to try it, the building wasn't set up with apartment numbers in the USPS system so I couldn't.

Old 04-16-2024, 06:17 PM

88 posts, read 56,133 times
Quote:
No questions, but congratulations to you! May you enjoy many happy and healthy years in that apartment.

Old 04-16-2024, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiypo77 View Post
No questions, but congratulations to you! May you enjoy many happy and healthy years in that apartment.
Thank you so much

Old 04-17-2024, 07:00 PM

10 posts, read 7,573 times
Quote:
Hello and welcome neighbor! Lol

I moved in on 4/3 and so far so good!

Old 04-18-2024, 08:18 AM

5 posts, read 2,338 times
I have no idea why my thread was disappeared. I was super low log# 3X and GP, got contact for additional docs but once I submitted all required docs, my case was rejected due to no available unit in my income range, 40% 50%.

Last edited by loveespresso; 04-18-2024 at 08:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery