Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2024, 08:28 AM

10 posts, read 8,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Tears View Post
Thank you. When I tried to do it a month or so ago, USPS was not set up yet. Today, USPS online allowed me to forward my mail. My understanding is that the address is 77 and not 85 or 87...and that you need to put Unit # (the numbers and the letter).

I just had a friend send me some test postcards to see if I get them. Fingers crossed they arrive in a couple of days...
I can confirm that the mailing address is 77 Commercial St (plus unit number).
My USPS mail has arrived just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2024, 08:31 AM

18 posts, read 12,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveespresso View Post
I have no idea why my thread disappeared. I was super low log# 3X, got contact for additional docs but once I submitted all required docs, my case was rejected due to no available unit in my income range, 40% 50%.
Did you sent appeal ?

Old 04-18-2024, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeerMurmurs View Post
Congratulations! I'll be joining you in one month.

Was wondering about mail - were you able to have your mail forwarded via USPS Change of Address? When I went to try it, the building wasn't set up with apartment numbers in the USPS system so I couldn't.

Hi. I’m confirming that 77 Commercial St (plus unit number) is what is recognized by USPS. I am in the North tower and have had no issues with mail.

Old 04-18-2024, 09:04 AM

5 posts, read 3,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnastasiiaH View Post
Did you sent appeal ?
Yes, I did. 40% was rejected in the first round, and 50% was rejected on appeal. I believe there was a small allocation for low-income individuals, but it was entirely taken by CB. I find it unfair that 50% of CB took up 50% of all available units. It should have been divided based on each ami, but it is what it is.

Old 04-18-2024, 09:21 AM

18 posts, read 12,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiriTro View Post
Hi. I’m confirming that 77 Commercial St (plus unit number) is what is recognized by USPS. I am in the North tower and have had no issues with mail.
Thanks! Appreciate your help!

Old 04-18-2024, 11:04 AM

50 posts, read 39,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiriTro View Post
I can confirm that the mailing address is 77 Commercial St (plus unit number).
My USPS mail has arrived just fine.
I haven't even been to my mailbox yet!!! Do we use our phone app to open our mailbox?

Old 04-18-2024, 11:29 AM

18 posts, read 12,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveespresso View Post
Yes, I did. 40% was rejected in the first round, and 50% was rejected on appeal. I believe there was a small allocation for low-income individuals, but it was entirely taken by CB. I find it unfair that 50% of CB took up 50% of all available units. It should have been divided based on each ami, but it is what it is.
But has your case been put on the waiting list?
Maybe units with high AMI, applicators won't accept ....

Old 04-18-2024, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Tears View Post
I haven't even been to my mailbox yet!!! Do we use our phone app to open our mailbox?
No, supposedly we’ll be getting a key at some point. But for now mail is in the package room. Concierge organizes everyone’s mail. You just go and tell them that you want to check for mail or packages. Eventually we will be notified in the app about packages, but for now we just ask concierge to check. I tell you it’s a lot of work, but they are doing a great job.

Old 04-19-2024, 11:37 AM

5 posts, read 3,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnastasiiaH View Post
But has your case been put on the waiting list?
Maybe units with high AMI, applicators won't accept ....

I confirmed with someone from AFNY that my case has been restored to the waiting list. I'm certain that you are also on the waiting list. However, it appears that all the low-income units are occupied by low-income individuals from CB. Brittany clarified that only high-income units are currently available.

Old 04-24-2024, 04:03 PM

11 posts, read 5,296 times
Hi. Anyone know if they have started calling no CB applicants?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery