Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2024, 01:58 PM

42 posts, read 30,931 times

Advertisements

23xx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2024, 01:01 PM

26 posts, read 9,768 times
Application changed to pending!!

Hi everyone,

my application is now listed as pending. They also added a little hyper link on the housing connect page that says what documents they need for my specific application. It doesn't let me upload any documents as of yet. Im wondering if that is a glitch or if it just first lets applicants know to start gathering their documents. I might give them a call tomorrow.

very excited :3 manifesting

Old 02-18-2024, 07:18 PM

2 posts, read 1,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomuser1000 View Post
Application changed to pending!!

Hi everyone,

my application is now listed as pending. They also added a little hyper link on the housing connect page that says what documents they need for my specific application. It doesn't let me upload any documents as of yet. Im wondering if that is a glitch or if it just first lets applicants know to start gathering their documents. I might give them a call tomorrow.

very excited :3 manifesting
Hi Randomuser1000,

That's great news. Good luck with the process! Would you mind sharing approximately where your log # is? I have the lowest number (5xx) I've ever gotten, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed they get to me

Old 02-19-2024, 08:16 AM

8 posts, read 4,617 times
#3**

Old 02-20-2024, 04:28 PM

186 posts, read 267,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
When they reach your log #
I have had a snapshot taken on another lottery but i was never asked for documents
any idea why that is ? Thanks

Old 02-20-2024, 04:36 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynDee View Post
I have had a snapshot taken on another lottery but i was never asked for documents
any idea why that is ? Thanks
They likely ran out of units that you appeared to qualify for. They are almost never processing only one person per unit that is available. They go in order of log in terms of who is actually offered a lease but other higher # folks are also contacted to have back ups since so many people (like over 90%+ of applicants) don't end up qualifying, don't respond, or drop out. It sounds like they reached your log, took the snapshot, and then someone below you accepted the unit.

Old 02-21-2024, 06:30 AM

26 posts, read 9,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulResident View Post
Hi Randomuser1000,

That's great news. Good luck with the process! Would you mind sharing approximately where your log # is? I have the lowest number (5xx) I've ever gotten, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed they get to me

1XX! This is also the lowest ive ever recieved. Mayve we will be neighbors! I will keep updating this forum with progress good luck!!

Old 02-21-2024, 07:57 AM

8 posts, read 4,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
If you edit your household now, anytime before it is reached and the snapshot is taken, it will update your application.

Thanks for the clarification. So now my question is what qualifies as an” household” does me adding my son or brother qualifies as a 2 person household or it’s only an adult that qualifies as an house hold

Old 02-21-2024, 10:29 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doncisse View Post
Thanks for the clarification. So now my question is what qualifies as an” household” does me adding my son or brother qualifies as a 2 person household or it’s only an adult that qualifies as an house hold
Your household is who you are applying to live with, adults and children, usually this is your current household but not always. Read the HPD manual too, many of your questions will be answered there: https://www.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/downl...dbook-8-21.pdf

Old 02-25-2024, 03:31 PM

2 posts, read 1,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomuser1000 View Post
1XX! This is also the lowest ive ever recieved. Mayve we will be neighbors! I will keep updating this forum with progress good luck!!
Maybe we will be! Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: