Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2011, 10:06 AM

22 posts, read 38,494 times

Advertisements

Hello. I have a question. No, I have two questions.
1. Representatives of what countries and ethnic groups commit more of all crimes in New York?
2. How often committed crimes on ethnic basis?
Thanx

Old 02-05-2011, 12:39 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,806,576 times
Before all the "thats a racist question" talk begins... On average in NYC, Black people, Hispanic People, European people, Asian people... that is the ranking from highest to lowest. For the most part pakistani, arabian, korean, japanese, etc. people are relatively calm in NYC and really the only asian group that does organized crime or commits a fair share of crime are the chinese gangs in flushing and spread out in other locations. Europeans on the other hand, are more active. The highest contributors of crime or violence for the most part tend to be, Albanians, Russians, Polish and Italians... ABI for example is one of the notorious albanian gangs and they hold weight in certain areas of Queens and the Bronx. Russian mob tends to settle near Brighton Beach and the Italian mob has died down a bit but still does a fair amount of business, however unlike the spanish gangs they are quiet about how they handle their business.

One thing I would also say is that although Black people in NYC commit the most crime... there are many locations in NYC and in the country where Black majority neighborhoods are considered extremely safe areas and the numbers really indicate more of a poverty issue rather than an ethnicity issue in NYC...

Old 02-05-2011, 01:10 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times
I don't know but I feel things are getting worse. People look more ghetto and dangerous.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:14 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,561,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
I don't know but I feel things are getting worse. People look more ghetto and dangerous.
Is this just your neighborhood in the BX or are there other places you feel a more dangerous vibe?

Old 02-05-2011, 01:17 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,806,576 times
@ supermario looking tough is a completely different thing from being tough and fulfilling the reputation your toughness gives off... theres alot of wannabe tough dudes out there but I still don't think that we are anywhere near the level of problems of just 10 years ago...

One thing I do agree with you though is that for the immediate times I feel as if things are getting worse... Areas that were experiencing resurgance have fallen back to their old ways it seems...

Old 02-05-2011, 10:05 PM

22 posts, read 38,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
Before all the "thats a racist question" talk begins... On average in NYC, Black people, Hispanic People, European people, Asian people... that is the ranking from highest to lowest. For the most part pakistani, arabian, korean, japanese, etc. people are relatively calm in NYC and really the only asian group that does organized crime or commits a fair share of crime are the chinese gangs in flushing and spread out in other locations. Europeans on the other hand, are more active. The highest contributors of crime or violence for the most part tend to be, Albanians, Russians, Polish and Italians... ABI for example is one of the notorious albanian gangs and they hold weight in certain areas of Queens and the Bronx. Russian mob tends to settle near Brighton Beach and the Italian mob has died down a bit but still does a fair amount of business, however unlike the spanish gangs they are quiet about how they handle their business.

One thing I would also say is that although Black people in NYC commit the most crime... there are many locations in NYC and in the country where Black majority neighborhoods are considered extremely safe areas and the numbers really indicate more of a poverty issue rather than an ethnicity issue in NYC...
Thank you, anon1, for the detailed answer. But after your reply I have more questions. You mentioned in your story, Russian gangs. I am from Russia but I really love America and I have many American friends. Naturally, I dream to go to live in America. Suppose I can not, but my kids are bound to be citizens of America. And I do not understand such Russian behavior in America. Many of the Russian left in America that would get more opportunities than here in Russia. And the Great America as the mother took Russian in his American family. And we should be thankful the U.S. government and American society, that they allowed immigrants to come and live beside them. But instead, Russian youth is merged into the gang. This is a new form of gratitude? I do not understand. And it makes me sad. It's not all the Russian bad. After that, a good Russian is difficult to prove that he is good. Is that right? How do you personally think about Russian? How do you feel about the fact that in the most famous city of the world, New-York there are many gangs.
Thank you

Old 02-06-2011, 12:32 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njnyckid View Post
Is this just your neighborhood in the BX or are there other places you feel a more dangerous vibe?
The city in general, I don't know why.

Last edited by DoubleXAs; 02-06-2011 at 01:08 AM..

Old 02-06-2011, 09:00 AM

34,012 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
The city in general, I don't know why.
Paranoia.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-06-2011, 10:05 AM

4 posts, read 6,913 times
I must agreed with SobroGuy on all accounts, however, it appears that there is an increase of sexual attacks that are random acts. It certaily reminds me of the early to mid 1990's. Another concern is the 12% increse in felony assaults for the first month of the year so far. Assaults in general can be seen as an early indication of an uptick or a decrease in murders for that year.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:18 AM

4 posts, read 6,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
yea but your preidictions are off because we had a huge snowstorm and a couple of snow days and we are up by 1 killing after being down by 4 killings the previous week. Yea weather can effect crime in a positive way but it has not for nyc so far.

That's the reason i posted the compstat figures in my first post. It is a troubling pattern to see crime is still going up dispite the big snowstorms and frigid temperatures. Specially comparing murders to last year which as we all know was a year with an increased. However, it is still to early to concluded anything right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City