Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 05:06 PM

1,123 posts, read 776,695 times

Advertisements

Here's some interesting facts about this city and state:

1) 35% of the NYC budget is for welfare

2) NYS spends over $52 Billion per year on medicaid, far more than any other state

3) Cuomo the idiot governor just mandated that medicaid recipients can receive their forms in any one of SIX languages other than english - and they are no longer visited by the state to make sure they quality, they only have to write in their assets/income on the forms

4) NYC is estimated to have over 2 million illegal aliens living in the 5 boros

5) over 335,000 people work for the City of NY - a higher proportion BY FAR of employees per population of any city in the country

6) and of course, NYC has the highest combined income tax rate in the country

Given that this city and state are hurtling towards bankruptcy, and I am just beyond fed up with the leftwing, liberal idiocy that passes for government in this city, having lived here for over 40 years, it is long past time to get out.

Any wonder why half of mexico and puerto rico live in NYC, if not to collect the ridiculous welfare medicaid benefits and free housing and schooling for their anchor babies that <I> am supposed to endlessly pay for?

If there is a reason to remain in this rathole, I can no longer think of one.

Last edited by sterpetron; 10-12-2011 at 06:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 05:10 PM

2,256 posts, read 6,959,243 times
I really do share your pain too

Old 10-12-2011, 05:21 PM

423 posts, read 1,281,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post

2) NYS spends over $52 Billion per year on medicaid, far more than any other state

3) Cuomo the idiot governor just mandated that medicaid recipients can receive their forms in any one of SIX languages other than english - and they are no longer visited by the state to make sure they quality, they only have to write in their assets/income on the forms

5) over 335,000 people work for the City of NY - a higher proportion BY FAR of employees per population of any city in the country

Given that this city and state are hurtling towards bankruptcy, and I am just beyond fed up with the leftwing, liberal idiocy that passes for government in this city, having lived here for over 40 years, it is long past time to get out.

Any wonder why half of mexico and puerto rico live in NYC, if not to collect the ridiculous welfare medicaid benefits and free housing and schooling for their anchor babies that <I> am supposed to endlessly pay for?

Haha, I am one of those anchor babies you're supposed to pay for! Except my parent's didn't recieve welfare, or free housing... SCHOOL YES! And you're damn right I made good use of the public education I was given. Actually scoring HIGHER than your (presumably white) children on the state examinations all the time.

HAHA, and you can't send me back to my country, because, well, the 14th amendment. I'm an American! WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!

Old 10-12-2011, 05:23 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,257,598 times
Quote:

I'm with you on this one. This is all a result of democratic/liberal leadership in NYC. As long as we have democrats/liberals running the state, taxes will continue to rise and more handouts will be issued at the expense of the WORKING people so the lazy and underacheivers can get "rewarded" with free money for being bums.

Republicans on the other hand hate taxes and actually want to lower taxes as well as reduce the size of the government, reduce hand-outs and entitlement programs. And thats the way it should be.

NYC depretely needs REPUBLICAN leadership to cut this non-sense off.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andez View Post
Haha, I am one of those anchor babies you're supposed to pay for! Except my parent's didn't recieve welfare, or free housing... SCHOOL YES! And you're damn right I made good use of the public education I was given. Actually scoring HIGHER than your (presumably white) children on the state examinations all the time.

HAHA, and you can't send me back to my country, because, well, the 14th amendment. I'm an american! WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!
Moderator cut: Rude

It is not out of the question that the 14th amendment will be amended in the next few years - if we see a republican sweep in 2012 it will be "sayonnara" to the 14th.

We'll see who's laughing as the illegal alien criminals are deported en masse, as they should have been long ago.

Moderator cut: Personal attack

Last edited by bmwguydc; 10-13-2011 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: Rude

Old 10-12-2011, 05:29 PM

2,871 posts, read 4,793,628 times
Quote:
Moderator cut: Rude

It is not out of the question that the 14th amendment will be amended in the next few years
Question - Hasn't Canada, Australia and many European countries already reversed their birth right citizenship policies?

Last edited by bmwguydc; 10-13-2011 at 10:12 AM.. Reason: Edited quoted text

Old 10-12-2011, 05:34 PM

168 posts, read 523,669 times
While obviously you're familiar with the phrase "don't let the door hit you on the way out," no?! Realistically, I know that leaving isn't the solution you're looking for, but this city isn't for everyone, and it's not going to change in our lifetime. If you are truly unhappy, then I suggest that you begin to look elsewhere. I'll warn you though, as someone who travels for work quite frequently, the issues you describe above are prevalent across the country, and are only getting worse as a result of the economy.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:38 PM

499 posts, read 794,259 times
If you look at the poster's history you would see that everything he posts is anti-liberal. Why would someone with such conservative views live in NYC for 40 years? How did you make it through the 70's and 80's. None of the issues mentioned above are new and most of the statistics you give are either false or misleading.

I have a problem with some of the liberal junk that goes on here too but posting misinformation is not the way.

Last edited by Arxis28; 10-12-2011 at 05:48 PM..

Old 10-12-2011, 05:42 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,218,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxis28 View Post
If you look at the poster's history you would see that everything he posts is anti-liberal. Why would someone with such conservative views live in NYC for 40 years? How did you make it through the 70's and 80's.

Because there are a good few conservative areas around the 5 boros and a whole lot throughout the tri-state area. You don't know where he grew up. He may very well have a lot of ties here.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxis28 View Post
If you look at the poster's history you would see that everything he posts is anti-liberal. Why would someone with such conservative views live in NYC for 40 years? How did you make it through the 70's and 80's.
It has not been easy...

Quote:
None of the issues mentioned above are new and most of the statistics you give are either false or misleading.
How about being an adult and asking for sources instead of accusing me of lying? Or is it that you know what I've written is quite accurate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City