Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 12:12 AM

126 posts, read 78,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Did Fox News tell you to say that? Cause their viewers tend to be the most uninformed.
Yawn, the liberal talking point memo point #12: when unable to debate on facts, accuse of being a "Fox" watcher.

Ever run into any facts, even by accident?

Old 01-14-2012, 12:14 AM

126 posts, read 78,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I think you're giving him too much credit by implying that he watches Fox News. That little rant reads as though he came up with it all by himself. His attempt to try and stir up New Yorkers died before he even got through with his commentary.
I have lived in NYC longer than you've been alive, and it is likely that I am paying for your welfare and food stamps.

For the rational posters, any city/state that passes concealed carry enjoys a REDUCTION in crime, but why let facts like that get in the way of the psychotic liberal dreamworld they so cherish?

Old 01-14-2012, 12:26 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiellgood View Post
Yawn, the liberal talking point memo point #12: when unable to debate on facts, accuse of being a "Fox" watcher.

Ever run into any facts, even by accident?
haha, yes, pointing out the obvious must be a liberal trait...much like Republicans name calling the other side, then trying to blame the other side for name calling them....unless you just read my post and didn't read the one that it was referring to cause if you did, then the correct answer would of been, "oh yeah, that posters does sound like a Fox News talking point."

I wasn't unable to debate on facts because there were no facts being presented, I was simply pointing out the ignorance in that comment...much like this one you made, good job.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:36 AM

669 posts, read 1,274,290 times
Quote:
Thank you for answering my point...we will talk about gun rights when you are willing to talk about other rights.

Clearly you have no idea what it is like to have something grow inside you that you have to give birth to, government should not be allowed to tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her body, plan and simple...unless you are trying to tell me "big government" is good. As for right to be born, that is the mother's body's choice to decide that, not society.

So you don't like gay marriage or society doesn't "approve" of it, so whatever deal with it? Right? Well way to go "big government" supporter, you are asking your government to decide who has the right to get married and who doesn't.

Yet you come in here and cry about your gun rights? Yeah, it is time for you to grow up and stop fighting for only the rights that seem attractive to yourself...unless you only care about a "free country" when it is in your own favor.
I'm completely against abortion idc if it's in a woman's body the fetus is still a life thats being killed just because it's an inconvenience, in my eyes thats wrong

As for gay marriage I support it I think gay's and any other consenting adults should be able to marry.

NY gun laws I do think are too strict still don't see why the OP would care, but it's still not like we can't own guns at all here my father owns 2.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:37 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,024,653 times
The only thing I've learned in this thread is a gun may be useful to protect myself against idiots and Texans.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:47 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshd9124 View Post
I'm completely against abortion idc if it's in a woman's body the fetus is still a life thats being killed just because it's an inconvenience, in my eyes thats wrong
That is a fine opinion to have, my thing with it, is that there is no place for our government when it comes to a woman's body, it is her choice to give birth...we have for far too long lived in a society that has made women out to be nothing more than an addition to men.

As for it being okay to be against abortion, it is your choice who you wish to be with, if you are against it, then you would want to find a partner that is equally against it so that would never become an issue between a couple, I am guessing you have found that person.

But in this day and age, I think we should have that choice to decide if we are ready to have a child or not, and in no way is that choice an easy one. I have known girls who have had abortions and I can't tell you if that was the right decision or not because it was not mine to make, and it is not our governments choice to make either.

Personally it always bothers me when people look at abortion as if it is just an inconvenient option, but in reality it is a heavy decision for a woman to make that she has to live with for the rest of her life.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:56 AM

669 posts, read 1,274,290 times
Quote:
That is a fine opinion to have, my thing with it, is that there is no place for our government when it comes to a woman's body, it is her choice to give birth...we have for far too long lived in a society that has made women out to be nothing more than an addition to men.

As for it being okay to be against abortion, it is your choice who you wish to be with, if you are against it, then you would want to find a partner that is equally against it so that would never become an issue between a couple, I am guessing you have found that person.

But in this day and age, I think we should have that choice to decide if we are ready to have a child or not, and in no way is that choice an easy one. I have known girls who have had abortions and I can't tell you if that was the right decision or not because it was not mine to make, and it is not our governments choice to make either.

Personally it always bothers me when people look at abortion as if it is just an inconvenient option, but in reality it is a heavy decision for a woman to make that she has to live with for the rest of her life.
I just never liked the idea of abortion unless it's for health reasons or a rape or something extreme. I remember in High School I had a pregnancy scare with my girl friend and considered abortion so Ive thought deepy on this subject and we came to the conclusion we couldn't do it. Thankfully she wasn't pregnant though.

But like I said the idea of paying a Dr. to kill my child who's growing, moving, and developing little organs I just don't like it.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:09 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,409,374 times
Closed for review: The thread has been hijacked from gun control to all sorts of political discussions that are not exclusive to the NYC forum. Political discussions should be in Politics & Other Controversies, not a local forum, when dealing with broad political topics.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 01-14-2012, 01:10 AM

142 posts, read 259,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshd9124 View Post
I just never liked the idea of abortion unless it's for health reasons or a rape or something extreme. I remember in High School I had a pregnancy scare with my girl friend and considered abortion so Ive thought deepy on this subject and we came to the conclusion we couldn't do it. Thankfully she wasn't pregnant though.

But like I said the idea of paying a Dr. to kill my child who's growing, moving, and developing little organs I just don't like it.
Alright, but how do you feel about sending said doctor to prison? Because that's really the sticking point, just as it is with gun laws or marijuana laws or what-have-you. It is also the putative basis for this thread- an article sbout a man facing prison time for carrying a handgun licensed in another state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City