Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 02:18 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,934,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Harlem I don't believe they are equally bad...I think the corporations and fat cats have run the country into the ground, push jobs overseas, and essentially have stolen our futures. The welfare moms are the same? That's one of the great stories we are fed by republicans...welfare moms are worse than the corporations. As soon as I see welfare moms stealing tens of billions from the public, crashing the US and Global economy sending us into a near depression, causing massive layoffs, foreclosures, etc...THEN I will say the welfare moms are the same.

Until then...it is very clear what the real financial problem is in this country, and who the real cheats and scam artists are, and it ain't the welfare moms.
The welfare types are completely different but equally destructive. It could even be a local vs. global thing, and both count - not just one side. people are missing this, although not everyone because there has begun to be real discussion.

I have not yet completely figured it out myself. I have noticed that it works along the dual-party line thing. If you listen to a conservative or republican, well, the welfare folks are the WHOLE problem with the corporations as honest business people who are currently victimized. If you listen to liberals, the corporate folks are the WHOLE problem, with the welfare folks as downtrodden and disenfranchised victims.

It simply is not a sufficient analysis. I do think they are two sides of the same coin, the welfare state working into the corporate interests - both need the other. And to "fix" things, both need to be dealt with, not just one side as has been happening depending on who is in power.

Even the race question - impossible to bring this into relation with the current ways of thinking. Yet it is important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 02:23 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,382,695 times
Ultimately the WHOLE problem is the focus on money, and making as much as possible at the expense of everything else including our society, and hoarding it for yourself..the one with the most toys at the end wins! In that game we are all losers, except for the handful with everything...the corporations and the 1%..and that's where we are are heading very quickly. THAT is the WHOLE problem...welfare moms are a symptom of that, as are alot of the social ills we see....all symptoms of that fundamental problem.

I find it interesting, and sad, that people blame those with NO POWER, NO SAY, LEAST RIGHTS, and believe they are "just as bad". I mean really? Boy have they got you fooled and laughing all the way to the bank...keep your eye focused on the welfare mom living off $800 a month...that's the real problem (wink wink). It keeps your eye off of me..the guy that is stealing your retirement funds by defrauding the stock market, stripping the equity from your home with a straight scam (with the credit agencies complicit no less), and sending your job overseas so I can earn 4x the profit. Yup..that welfare mom is the real problem...keep focused on her!

I only offer the red pill..most people don't take it unfortunately.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:32 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,032,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Ultimately the WHOLE problem is the focus on money, and making as much as possible at the expense of everything else including our society, and hoarding it for yourself..the one with the most toys at the end wins! In that game we are all losers, except for the handful with everything...the corporations and the 1%..and that's where we are are heading very quickly. THAT is the WHOLE problem...welfare moms are a symptom of that, as are alot of the social ills we see....all symptoms of that fundamental problem.

I find it interesting, and sad, that people blame those with NO POWER, NO SAY, LEAST RIGHTS, and believe they are "just as bad". I mean really? Boy have they got you fooled and laughing all the way to the bank...keep your eye focused on the welfare mom living off $800 a month...that's the real problem (wink wink). It keeps your eye off of me..the guy that is stealing your retirement funds by defrauding the stock market, stripping the equity from your home with a straight scam (with the credit agencies complicit no less), and sending your job overseas so I can earn 4x the profit. Yup..that welfare mom is the real problem...keep focused on her!

I only offer the red pill..most people don't take it unfortunately.
I concur with your entire post. I only called out the highlighted because NO SINGLE MOTHER in the US is getting anywhere near $800 in cash for anything. Depending on how many kids, she "might" get $300 to $400, but don't quote me. I don't have exact figures. Single people w/no kids get significantly less (maybe $150). All this cash is supposed to last a "month". This is why people "sell" their foodstamps to get vital essentials.

Everything I know about welfare is from friends who work in the offices. It's very, very difficult work. They also don't give "emergency" food stamps in NYC like they do in California. The most you'll get is a one-way metro card back home. That's it.

Quote:
Yup..that welfare mom is the real problem...keep focused on her!
Yeah and make sure her picture is BLACK. It doesn't work when it's Jessie Sue, Sophia, Ming or Indira. These faces are more "acceptable".

Old 09-17-2012, 02:39 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,257,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
So, when you lose your job and are unable to pay your bills and facing homelessness/eviction, will you be selling your body for sex?

Since you're "too good" to except "entitlements/handouts", then I assume you'll be on 9th avenue or listing your "wares" on CL for sale, then?

Oh, I'm not judging.

At least you won't be homeless.
See, that's the difference between me and you. You are an EMPLOYEE. You work for someone. I on the other hand am an EMPLOYER. I PROVIDE jobs to people like you. I CREATE and control my own destiny. I don't need to depend on a handout because I have CONTROL. YOU consume while I provide/produce. And that's the main reason why the government will ALWAYS cater to the needs of a BUSINESS over employees/consumers.

Do YOU have CONTROL? Nope. You have no say in your JOB therefore people like YOU that are on the other side of the fence praise WELFARE/HANDOUTS.

Not everyone can be a business owner. Why? Because many (like you) CHOSE the easy and safe way out instead of taking risk like true entrepreneurs do. YOU chose to be on that side of the fence and now you must deal with situations that are out of YOUR CONTROL. Besides, you can be a high school dropout and become a business owner and be on the other side of the fence but your lack of desire to take risk has put you in a less favorable position with little options.

I've said this many times over...there will always be Chiefs and Indians, which side do want to be on?

Old 09-17-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
See, that's the difference between me and you. You are an EMPLOYEE. You work for someone. I on the other hand am an EMPLOYER. I PROVIDE jobs to people like you. I CREATE and control my own destiny. I don't need to depend on a handout because I have CONTROL. YOU consume while I provide/produce. And that's the main reason why the government will ALWAYS cater to the needs of a BUSINESS over employees/consumers.

Do YOU have CONTROL? Nope. You have no say in your JOB therefore people like YOU that are on the other side of the fence praise WELFARE/HANDOUTS.

Not everyone can be a business owner. Why? Because many (like you) CHOSE the easy and safe way out instead of taking risk like true entrepreneurs do. YOU chose to be on that side of the fence and now you must deal with situations that are out of YOUR CONTROL. Besides, you can be a high school dropout and become a business owner and be on the other side of the fence but your lack of desire to take risk has put you in a less favorable position with little options.

I've said this many times over...there will always be Chiefs and Indians, which side do want to be on?
Oh, you're a "Business Owner". My bad.

So, when you're business goes under and you have no money coming in, then I guess you'll be selling your body for sex to pay your "mortgage" (since you're a "business owner" I'll assume you don't "rent"), because you're too good for "handouts/entitlements"?

Old 09-17-2012, 02:50 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,409,669 times
you can't be too far left or right to
understand different points of view.

otherwise, you will be stuck on stupid
your whole life while everyone else is
moving on beyond you.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:56 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,257,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Oh, you're a "Business Owner". My bad.

So, when you're business goes under and you have no money coming in, then I guess you'll be selling your body for sex to pay your "mortgage" (since you're a "business owner" I'll assume you don't "rent"), because you're too good for "handouts/entitlements"?
My bad? Nice language. Very indicative for your "blue collar" self. Anyhow, you are missing the point. MY business will not go under. WHY? Because I will not allow it to! As long as people need a roof over their heads, I'm good. Combine that with excellent living conditions, I have to turn away business!

People like me (business owners) fund via higher taxes WELFARE/ENTITLEMENT programs for people like YOU!

Old 09-17-2012, 02:59 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,382,695 times
Hilltop...you forget that you cannot be a chief without indians. Do you want to be a chief that cheats his own indians, steals from them, and drives them to poverty...with the excuse of: Well nobody told you to be indians..you should have been chiefs..too bad! Really? How long before the indians say you are right....and eat you!

And that's where we are headed Mr. Chief....I will bring the adobo for your bbq!

Old 09-17-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
My bad? Nice language. Very indicative for your "blue collar" self. Anyhow, you are missing the point. MY business will not go under. WHY? Because I will not allow it to! As long as people need a roof over their heads, I'm good. Combine that with excellent living conditions, I have to turn away business!

People like me (business owners) fund via higher taxes WELFARE/ENTITLEMENT programs for people like YOU!
*Drops EBT card "accidentally" on top of Hilltopjay's groceries at checkout line with my bags full of chips, cookies, ice cream, gallon sodas, etc.*

Old 09-17-2012, 03:05 PM

5,147 posts, read 4,980,045 times
Crulty is an inherent part of any cimpetitive world. It Dimishes when time is good and shoots up high when time is down.

Back in Clinton days, welfare cheat was everywhere but fewer complaints were heard. The mess left behind by the republican bush brings up more hatret among people on the main street because of empty pockets.

Can you imagine that everyone in this county works at his/her 150% potential trying not to look lazy compared to their peers? That level of diligence creates another type of social problem. If you ever worked or lived inJapan, you would understand what I am trying to get at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City