Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2012, 06:24 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,257,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Hmmmmm. Go and hire the wrong type of people and see who has the upper hand.

I knew that your philosophy was to pay as little as you can. Think that they can afford to rent your apartment w/o food stamps if they have kids!!!!!!

You cant have it both ways. Either you exploit them and take away their food stamps and they cant pay your rent, or you give them either a living wage, or food stamps if you cant afford to.

Face it hilltop high paid professionals arent moving to live in your building. Too far from Manhattan and not suburban enough.
Despite it being the Bronx, I get steady tenants with great incomes and careers, not jobs. Accountants, police officers, teachers, paralegals, recent graduated doctors, nurses, young wall street traders, etc.

I never rent to and never will rent to low class jobs such as taxi/liver cab drivers, home care attendants, Mcdonald/burger king workers, cashiers, flat tire fix workers, security guards, resturant employee, supermarket employee, etc.

So I do have the upper hand and just hate to admit it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 06:27 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,032,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
It's telling that you suddenly changed the subject from noticing whether someone is using a benefits card to being able to see their PIN number.

Too bad you had to alter the terms in order to be "right" on this one. And I'm sorry you have poor eyesight. I do, too, but I use contact lenses so I can see what's going on in front of me. I can even see more than 10 feet!
WTF????

No one is "altering" anything.

Bottomline is I don't care what ANYONE is using to pay for their groceries.

It's not that serious to ME as it is to some "others" on here.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Despite it being the Bronx, I get steady tenants with great incomes and careers, not jobs. Accountants, police officers, teachers, paralegals, recent graduated doctors, nurses, young wall street traders, etc.

I never rent to and never will rent to low class jobs such as taxi/liver cab drivers, home care attendants, Mcdonald/burger king workers, cashiers, flat tire fix workers, security guards, resturant employee, supermarket employee, etc.

So I do have the upper hand and just hate to admit it.
You've left me literally speechless and sad for you.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:22 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,811,621 times
Im glad that something is being put in place but I have no problem with people being on assistance who acutally needs it and I dont mind it coming out of my check.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
You've left me literally speechless and sad for you.
Do you fall in one of those job categories?

Old 09-17-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Do you fall in one of those job categories?
Obviously, if I don't qualify for an EBT card, then I guess not.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetchas View Post
Im glad that something is being put in place but I have no problem with people being on assistance who acutally needs it and I dont mind it coming out of my check.
I think that if you are on welfare/food stamps, you should be imposed to strict restrictions, keep a daily log or journal of the activities you've done to seek employment and/or training coarse to improve your life. Just like a movie goer validates their parking stub, welfare recieptants should have some type of form validated by the potential employer certifying that they attended the job interview and/or submitted their resume. In addition, they should be forced to take pictures of themselves in front of the potential employer's building holding the day's newpaper so the welfare office can observe the type of clothes they have on and determine whether or not the welfare recieptant purposally dressed inappropiately to sobotage her chances of getting a job just so she can continue getting a free handout. That's how you get them honest. Make them jump thru hoops for that free handout money. Don't make it easy for them.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Obviously, if I don't qualify for an EBT card, then I guess not.
What type of job do you have?

Old 09-17-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
What type of job do you have?
One that disqualifies me for food stamps.

Old 09-17-2012, 08:04 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,242,166 times
I think people who use food stamps should only be allowed to purchase natural foods with food stamps. No preservatives or processed foods. They should be eating food good for them and their health. And with this they can be healthy and then it can actually lower money the government spends on medical for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City