Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2012, 01:55 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,257,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
How da F___k would YOU know???

States all over the country, especially in the SOUTH, have been attacking the poor and forcing them off the rolls left and right. They've been doing it since Clinton signed that FAILURE Welfare Reform Act of 1996 that was supposed to "change welfare as we know it". Yeah, it changed it alright.

Here's a RECENT article of how GA is handling it and the threats of taking people's children away if they come in asking for "cash" benefits no matter how small. Private charities and organizations don't even bother sending them to HR, because it's useless, just like it is here.

Georgia’s war against the poor: The southern state is emptying its welfare rolls at the same time that poverty is soaring. - Slate Magazine

This should make you and some others happy though.

Freaking parasites and with their leaching spawn trying to get $50 a month in cash benefits to buy necessities like soap and toiletries. How freaking dare they??!!!
Why are you soooo passionate about Welfare? Just admit that you're on Welfare so we can all know your REAl reason for passionately defending it. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 02:02 PM

106,720 posts, read 108,913,061 times
Quote:
Okay, I'll let you get this as I never actually had to live through this or experience this life.

Having great credit wasn't a number a huge priority to get work or apartments like they are today. The 70s was a cash-based society.
wrong again.we bought on credit the same as today. your grabbing at straws and trying to negate a comparison but your failing miserably.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post

Oh, and since transplants and immigrants, groups often hated on this forum, can move to wherever to find work (despite often coming from poor backgrounds themselves) there is nothing stopping these glorified poor people from also moving to other places to work. If immigrants can come here from third world countries to look for work, surely poor people from here can find ways to get to other places to find work.

In other words, this is mainly bs people make up to excuse people doing nothing to better their lives.
Bravo!!!! I couldn't have said it better myself!!! Good job!

Old 12-27-2012, 02:16 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,408,600 times
why do you always want someone to do something?
what are you going to do? give orders all day?

Old 12-27-2012, 02:20 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,031,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Why are you soooo passionate about Welfare? Just admit that you're on Welfare so we can all know your REAl reason for passionately defending it. Thank you.
Ha! Ha! You'd like that wouldn't you?

Old 12-27-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
wrong again.we bought on credit the same as today. your grabbing at straws and trying to negate a comparison but your failing miserably.
Sigh, using credit wasn't as popular in the 70s as it became during the late 80s on.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:29 PM

106,720 posts, read 108,913,061 times
i have no clue what point your even trying to make.

there will always be those that no matter what, they will turn their lives around and be successful and under the same conditions others will fail.

in my case i gave alot of thought to what i could learn and make a living at.

i took the shot ,took a loan i had no idea how i would repay it and ended up launching a career that spanned 40 years now.

i had to lie about my experience just to get my first job as apex tech had such a bad reputation. but that was because the man power programs and other programs turned out folks who should never have graduated they were so ignorant at what they were supposed to know.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Ha! Ha! You'd like that wouldn't you?
Don't worry, I wouldn't think any less of you than what I already do if you just admit it. Be honest with yourself. No one is ever this passionate about keeping Welfare unless you benefit from it. Just fess up already Marilyn, it'll make you feel better inside.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:57 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,986,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
i took the shot ,took a loan i had no idea how i would repay it and ended up launching a career that spanned 40 years now.

i had to lie about my experience just to get my first job as apex tech had such a bad reputation. but that was because the man power programs and other programs turned out folks who should never have graduated they were so ignorant at what they were supposed to know.
You're torturing some people on this forum. People are only supposed to make excuses why they didn't do anything with their lives. LOL You turned things around and were a success!

Its good to hear you were responsible and it paid of for you pricely because you were responsible.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Don't worry, I wouldn't think any less of you than what I already do if you just admit it. Be honest with yourself. No one is ever this passionate about keeping Welfare unless you benefit from it. Just fess up already Marilyn, it'll make you feel better inside.
Sorry, I'm not as heartless as you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City