Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 10:18 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,066,898 times

Advertisements

Progress? Not really....Gay will always be synonmous with "different" and "special"...no matter how much anyone wants to say otherwise...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 10:23 AM

1,283 posts, read 2,304,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Homosexuals are everywhere, without exception. Some places are just more tolerant and open, which in turn attracts more of them and leads us to believe that there are more than in other places. But make no mistake, even in ultra-conservative places like Saudi Arabia, gay people exist.

I remember reading somewhere that approx. 10% of the world population is born homosexual.

in other news, big win today via the SCOTUS. We're finally making progress!
That's apparently true. Did anyone hear about the basketball coach that came out of the closet?

Sports was like the last frontier where being gay was taboo...

Old 06-26-2013, 10:32 AM

It will always be taboo. It's politically correct now to be gay friendly....but deep down no heterosexual really truly thinks its "ok".

Not exactly going to see straight men deciding to head on over to the gay bar to hang out with their buddies.

In the back of their minds, all heteros have the ick factor when it comes to gays.

always.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
It will always be taboo. It's politically correct now to be gay friendly....but deep down no heterosexual really truly thinks its "ok".

Not exactly going to see straight men deciding to head on over to the gay bar to hang out with their buddies.

In the back of their minds, all heteros have the ick factor when it comes to gays.

always.
LMAO!!!! I can't tell you have hard you have me laughing right now.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:04 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Quote:

but deep down no heterosexual really truly thinks its "ok".
And there is one reason for that...he is attracted to a man and cannot dare to admit it even to himself. He is frightened of his own feelings...hence the PHOBIA part of homophobia.

If there was no male-male attraction, societies and religions would not waste so much effort on the HATRED and PERSECUTION.

I like an old middle eastern aphorism I heard a long time ago: "Women are for children and men are for FUN." Looking at it logically, who knows better how to please a man than another man?

Old 06-26-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
And there is one reason for that...he is attracted to a man and cannot dare to admit it.
You really think so?

Old 06-26-2013, 11:08 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
I really think so.

Look at it this way. Let's say you HATE the paintings of Mark Rothko. Your sane response would be to avoid his painting and certainly never BUY one...as if many of us even COULD.
But you would not pillory Mark Rothko, desecrate his grave, preach against him from pulpits.

So all this extra effort against gays stems from one place only...it is ATTRACTIVE and there are forces that want to make it UNATTRACTIVE.

It is a natural force that somehow subverts the ideal of those who have no countenance with some imagined idea of anything but a paternalistic society.

Last edited by Kefir King; 06-26-2013 at 11:19 AM..

Old 06-26-2013, 11:14 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
And there is one reason for that...he is attracted to a man and cannot dare to admit it even to himself. He is frightened of his own feelings...hence the PHOBIA part of homophobia.

If there was no male-male attraction, societies and religions would not waste so much effort on the HATRED and PERSECUTION.

I like an old middle eastern aphorism I heard a long time ago: "Women are for children and men are for FUN." Looking at it logically, who knows better how to please a man than another man?

Old 06-26-2013, 11:16 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grosvenor View Post
You really think so?

and I think so too !!

Old 06-26-2013, 11:17 AM

and who are you referring to? Me?

If so, Im not attracted to men. You are using the same old retort that's been used over and over. Say something about gays and then be accused of either hating gays or being a closeted one.

Im sorry if you want to think otherwise but the majority of straight men dont care about gays and, if asked, are quite repulsed by them.

Debate it all you want....but gays will ALWAYS have that little spot in the back of peoples minds...its the ICK spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City