Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2013, 08:00 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,936,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Al Sharpton has resources dedicated to ensuring that events such as this stay out of the spotlight. He uses media connections, bribes and threats of boycotts to make these types of stories go away quickly.
In my opinion, it is far more real estate development interests. Why didn't the mid-day attack on the M60 bus get major coverage ? And the other attacks in Harlem ? Because people have invested money in "luxury" housing and they do not want to compromise their potential market.

Someone told me that the "everyblock" site was closed down for that reason - too many people coming on and telling actual stories, things they saw, which discouraged potential renters and buyers and compromised plans. I had never used the site, no firm opinion - could have been other reasons, inefficiency ... ?

I suppose that Sharpton could be a part of these interests as well.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:35 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,034,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy;31923368[B
]Al Sharpton has resources dedicated to ensuring that events such as this stay out of the spotlight.[/b] He uses media connections, bribes and threats of boycotts to make these types of stories go away quickly.
You really believe Al Sharpton (of ALL PEOPLE) have enough clout to keep this story under the radar??

So, you're gonna tell me he has power over our lameduck big mouth Mayor and self-congratulating all the time police commissioner too???

Okay.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:03 AM

2,228 posts, read 3,691,709 times
Most media types are left leaning people. Reporting a person of color attacking a white person does not fit their ideologues. Honestly, Could you imagine a group of whites attacking a black couple today in the middle of Morris Park? How fast would Obama or Eric Holder respond? You know the FBI would be there in a heart beat. BTW whites being attacked on Flatbush is not the first time. A group of white girls playing hoops were attacked by a group of marauding blacks a fews years back.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:10 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,034,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
BTW whites being attacked on Flatbush is not the first time. A group of (innocent) white girls playing hoops were attacked by a group of marauding blacks a fews years back.
LOL! I swear I love coming to this forum just to read stuff like this.

And they say the South is racist. Nope. I rarely see posts like the above to describe people of color on the southern forums.

The fear of the BBD is REAL in the big city! LOLOLOL!!

Old 10-23-2013, 09:29 AM

What would you describe a group of whites, blacks, Latinos, or asians acting in a unlawful way? ma·raud·ing [muh-raw-ding] Show IPA
adjective
engaged in raiding for plunder, especially roaming about and ravaging an area: marauding bands of outlaws.
undertaken for plunder: a marauding raid.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:33 AM

1,151 posts, read 1,310,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I guess you dident get the memo ... only White people can be racist

Funny thing is there is probably more racism from minorities towards White people than from White people towards minorities. I have never EVER in my lifetime heard a White person call a Black person a n----r, boy, darkie, etc to their face but I regularly see Black people call and refer to White people as crackers, honkeys, "White person", etc in their presence.

It's apparently ok for a Black girl to sit in a courtroom and refer to a White person as a "creepy ass cracka" but imagine the outrage that would ensue if a White girl referred to a Black man as a "creepy ass ******"?
Black College Student Arrested For Buying A Designer Belt, Barneys & NYPD Slapped With Lawsuit

Old 10-23-2013, 09:35 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,323,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
LOL! I swear I love coming to this forum just to read stuff like this.

And they say the South is racist. Nope. I rarely see posts like the above to describe people of color on the southern forums.

The fear of the BBD is REAL in the big city! LOLOLOL!!
You are very sensitive.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:59 AM

111 posts, read 144,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
Most media types are left leaning people. Reporting a person of color attacking a white person does not fit their ideologues. Honestly, Could you imagine a group of whites attacking a black couple today in the middle of Morris Park? How fast would Obama or Eric Holder respond? You know the FBI would be there in a heart beat. BTW whites being attacked on Flatbush is not the first time. A group of white girls playing hoops were attacked by a group of marauding blacks a fews years back.
I believe that you are right NB. I watch CNN and MSNBC for most of my news. When I want to get the real skinny I go to John Stewart and Colbert...LOL.

Every once and a while I will get a frantic call from my mom...it last happened when the Russo attack occurred. The story more often than not is not picked up by CNN or MSNBC. She is a FOX watching hater...I still love her though...

Old 10-23-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Supernatural View Post
I believe that you are right NB. I watch CNN and MSNBC for most of my news. When I want to get the real skinny I go to John Stewart and Colbert...LOL.

Every once and a while I will get a frantic call from my mom...it last happened when the Russo attack occurred. The story more often than not is not picked up by CNN or MSNBC. She is a FOX watching hater...I still love her though...
Super, Fat Nick Minucci inflicted as much physical injury as these marauders did to the white couple. Only difference is that Minnuci's crime happen in Howard beach and the "Victims" were black. BTW the "Victim" admittedly said he was in Howard Beach to steal a Caddy Escalade. Minucci is serving a 15 year sentence. Let's see what happens in this case.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:14 AM

588 posts, read 947,953 times
^ exactly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City