Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 10:04 PM

530 posts, read 1,360,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mps0909 View Post
An article from HUFFINGTON POST??? Oh god!!! Why dont you send me Bill Mahers opinion while you are at it numb nuts.
Did you even bother reading it? Of course not.

The study was conducted by a reputable university; and published in Psychological Science. All of this data is available in the first two paragraphs.

Huffington Post has nothing to do with the data; so however you may feel about Huffington Post is irrelevant in this case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 10:17 PM

402 posts, read 811,866 times
You see, you cannot be reasoned with because you simply can not concede to something to simple and plain and easy to recognize to anyone without bias. The average white person is intellectually smarter than the average black person... Mr Median White guy vs Mr Median Black Guy-- the white guy is smarter, calmer , but bland while the black guy is stronger, more athletic,impulsive, charismatic... you see, you can call me a racist, but I will point out things the average black man is better at than the average white man also..

Old 10-25-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
You can makes all the jokes you want to divert from my points which are facts that can be supported by statistics with a quick google, but you dont want to take the time to do that. WorldStar got a lot of hot stuff this week right? lol.
Just for the record, statistics don't mean anything when you don't analyze them.

You've been parading around that 70% out of wedlock statistic in this forum (as if it was solely the ethnic background contributing to that); but you didn't take into account socioeconomic status, which is a HUGE variable in the occasion. Here's a real-world applicable example, only 9% of the households in Cambria Heights are headed by single parents.

Why? Because it's a socioeconomically stable area.

Source: http://www.city-data.com/neighborhoo...illage-NY.html

Old 10-25-2013, 10:23 PM

Quote:
You see, you cannot be reasoned with because you simply can not concede to something to simple and plain and easy to recognize to anyone without bias. The average white person is intellectually smarter than the average black person... Mr Median White guy vs Mr Median Black Guy-- the white guy is smarter, calmer , but bland while the black guy is stronger, more athletic,impulsive, charismatic... you see, you can call me a racist, but I will point out things the average black man is better at than the average white man also..
Oh god, now your reasoning with stereotypes.

You haven't met everybody or even the majority of both black or white people; so you can't come to the conclusion that most people of [insert group] act a certain way. And you completely overlooked the sub-cultural elements that may impact behavior as well. (For example, if you want to play stereotypes-the average White West Virginian acts different then the average White British).

All you really have is the media to go on. And obviously since it is primarily ran by one group then it will by nature be heavily skewed.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:27 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,030,914 times
Quote:
Yeah, but whose penis is bigger?

The black or white guy?

Old 10-25-2013, 10:27 PM

What is your point? I never said all minorities are single parents or single parent headed households. Im sure you can find a dozen other similar communities, and thats great... I just stated a fact, which is rather depressing... You can bring up socioeconomic status whatever spin it any way you want thats great. I just wanted to point out that statistic..

Old 10-25-2013, 10:30 PM

Do you know who MR. MEDIAN IS... I am talking about the average guy, Why cant people ever understand that? When any group says this race is X, Y or Z..

Old 10-25-2013, 10:31 PM

Quote:
What is your point? I never said all minorities are single parents or single parent headed households. Im sure you can find a dozen other similar communities, and thats great... I just stated a fact, which is rather depressing... You can bring up socioeconomic status whatever spin it any way you want thats great. I just wanted to point out that statistic..
I never said that you implied that "all" minorities are single parents. I specifically said that you keep "parading around the 70% statistic".

I'm just saying that you should [heck everybody should] analyze a statistic if you were to use it; because you were parading around the statistic as if the reasoning behind it was purely racial (when you ignored obvious major elements).

Old 10-25-2013, 10:32 PM

Yea, the black guys penis is bigger on average? What is your point? Did you think that would shame me or something? I am slightly above average myself nothing major thats for sure, maybe im equal to the average black guy, maybe not? Is that releveant though? You thought you were cute there eh? like you would hurt my feelings or something toots? Im not insecure like that

Old 10-25-2013, 10:45 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,754,213 times
I don't understand why you're happy to shell out $15 for Oceans 11, 12, 13, and probably 14, but you can't stand people doing this. Sure, she got caught, but she Played Her Life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City