Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 09:22 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,030,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAS View Post
Marilyn220 you wanna be starting something on this forum? Don't you know only AA with southern ancestry receive welfare on this city?
I know. I guess all those africans and caribbeans with EBT cards are just "borrowing" them from AA friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnyckid View Post
Waiting for the outpouring of anti-welfare people in 3...2...1

Oh, who am I kidding? This is not the correct target. Sorry, marilyn220. This doesn't line up with the philosophy of who lazy bums on welfare are. Try again...
I know. There will be excuses made for her and making her appear to be "different" from other welfare cheats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 09:23 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,562,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Start a thread on the hasid scum. Prove me wrong. Start another thread on some white trash scum. Prove me wrong. Cause I am already here calling this low life what she is.
I don't need prove ish. Why are you being so defensive?

Old 10-25-2013, 09:26 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,217,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I need for you to find a recent story or something within the last 20 years or so where somebody black or hispanic was caught doing what this woman did.

The people who WORK for HRA (not just in NYC, but all over the country) are the ones that scam and create fake identities accounts. Real people cannot do this.

The "overwhelming" amount of people who do this sort of thing live in Williamsburg, Brooklyn (and I'm not talking about the transplants either) the middle east and eastern europe.

I couldn't care less the specific circumstances surrounded her welfare fraud. These things happen in varying degrees all of the time. They're all scum. Including yes, the ones in low income neighborhoods who never get off the government teet their entire lives, yet **** out baby after baby. Which many deliberately do to maintain more gov't teet suckling.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
I don't need prove ish. Why are you being so defensive?
You came off immediately in the thread with nonsense. I very simply replied to you. Not being defensive in the slightest. Just being rational. You on the other hand are sounding more and more defensive with each post though lol...

Old 10-25-2013, 09:32 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,562,608 times
Quote:
You came off immediately in the thread with nonsense. I very simply replied to you. Not being defensive in the slightest. Just being rational. You on the other hand are sounding more and more defensive with each post though lol...
I'm not defensive at all. You're being quite disingenuous as if you don't know what I'm referring to. If you wanna play that, that's cool. But don't try to go at somebody in a defensive manner (reread your posts) and then try to act like the level headed one.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:38 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,137,919 times
Quote:
I need for you to find a recent story or something within the last 20 years or so where somebody black or hispanic was caught doing what this woman did.
5 seconds of Googling

(from 2010)

Alicia Garcia, 51, of Los Angeles, is accused of receiving more than $136,000 in welfare benefits between January 2002 and April 2010, and failing to report her true income, ownership of property, vehicles and bank accounts and a spouse in the house, according to the District Attorney's Office.

9 arrested in welfare fraud sweep

Old 10-25-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
I'm not defensive at all. You're being quite disingenuous as if you don't know what I'm referring to. If you wanna play that, that's cool. But don't try to go at somebody in a defensive manner (reread your posts) and then try to act like the level headed one.
Don't put your hand in my face like a princess...

I don't need to re-read what I typed. If you need to call replying to conjecture (your post) "defensive", then so be it. I will also label your replies as such.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:44 AM
DAS

2,532 posts, read 6,861,507 times
Quote:
I couldn't care less the specific circumstances surrounded her welfare fraud. These things happen in varying degrees all of the time. They're all scum. Including yes, the ones in low income neighborhoods who never get off the government teet their entire lives, yet **** out baby after baby. Which many deliberately do to maintain more gov't teet suckling.
The ones you are referring to have to collect about 10 years before they get what this women received in a short period of time. This is really small. There are many much larger fraud cases from the Eastern European community that wasn't reported in the media. It happens to be that the community is Eastern European and that many are connected in the fraud schemes and know each other.

The welfare queens you are referring to, are for the most part generational welfare recipients with no education or skills that have not been exposed to any other existence. They don't have the ability to defraud the system to this level.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:45 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,030,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
5 seconds of Googling

(from 2010)

Alicia Garcia, 51, of Los Angeles, is accused of receiving more than $136,000 in welfare benefits between January 2002 and April 2010, and failing to report her true income, ownership of property, vehicles and bank accounts and a spouse in the house, according to the District Attorney's Office.

9 arrested in welfare fraud sweep
I'm talking about NYC.

Los Angeles is disorganized.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:47 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,137,919 times
Quote:
I'm talking about NYC.

Los Angeles is disorganized.
You didn't specify. I googled for 5 more seconds and found this NYC woman, Rosa Ortiz, who committed food stamp fraud to the tune of just under $300,000. I suppose you will have an excuse for this one too ("Bodegas are disorganized")

Quote:
Rosa Ortiz, a cashier at Glenwood Supermarket in Canarsie, and Enrique Calderon, the owner of the store, debited consumers’ electronic benefits cards for an amount that supposedly represented the price of food purchased from the store, then typically gave the customers 70 percent of that amount in cash and pocketed the other 30 percent, according to court papers. Food typically did not change hands in these transactions, the prosecutors said.

In 2011, the store processed more than $985,000 in food-stamp transactions, at least 20 times more than would be expected for a store of its size and nearly double the store’s gross sales, prosecutors said.
http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...aud-case/?_r=0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City