Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2013, 10:31 AM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times

Advertisements

^ I completely agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 12:42 PM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,522 posts, read 2,242,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
No, I will not mentor inner city trash. Not every Black person wants expertise in what ghetto cretins do. Glad you have such a clue for the bottom part of society. You can keep your clue.

I spent quite a bit on my education, and dealing with ghetto people was not what I signed up for.
That was an idiotic post. Your life is yours to do whatever you wish with, and we all have a right to our OPINION....however, the last part of your statement could/should have been kept to yourself.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:55 PM

5,099 posts, read 4,959,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
That was an idiotic post. Your life is yours to do whatever you wish with, and we all have a right to our OPINION....however, the last part of your statement could/should have been kept to yourself.
While you denounce others as being idiotic, you may sound or appear the same to others, so why not keep these offensive words tucked under your tongue and express your opinion in simple and rationale manners? Acting hysterical like other members such as Mr. Marilyn does not help your point cross better but instead reflects the low end of yourself.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:07 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
While you denounce others as being idiotic, you may sound or appear the same to others, so why not keep these offensive words tucked under your tongue and express your opinion in simple and rationale manners? Acting hysterical like other members such as Mr. Marilyn does not help your point cross better but instead reflects the low end of yourself.
See what I mean Airborneguy?

Why was my named mention when I've only posted a handful of times in this thread?

Leoliu got issues with me that she can take to PM. I've said this several times already, but the person prefers to do it on a public forum.

Again, I don't understand it. You don't like me, but yet my name STAYS in posts that have NOTHING to do with me. Ewwwwwwwww.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:08 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times
Quote:
NYWriterdude changes up periodically. Next time he'll start a thread saying the complete opposite of everything that he posted here.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:20 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
No, it shouldn't have been kept. There's a certain type of person who thinks that everyone with an education, ESPECIALLY if they are Black or Hispanic, should spend all their time tutoring/mentoring or otherwise giving social services/charity to poor Blacks and Hispanics.

So I am pointing out as someone who spent considerable time and money on his education I did not do that in order to give free social services to ghetto people. I did that for my own benefit. And I think that people need put statements like that out in the public domain.

The hustlers among Blacks or Hispanics try to play off guilt, not only white liberal guilt, but guilt in general (our own people should do more for us). No, you should do more for yourself. Your life is going to be what you put into it.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:33 PM

2,238 posts, read 3,321,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
It doesn't seem right when you have one demographic overwhelmingly voting for one party.
I think poLIEtics is bull****. Political parties need to be done away with. Both democrats and republicans and liberals and conservatives are 2 sides of the same coin and are hypocrites. They are both working with each other behind the scenes.

I wish political parties would be eradicated and ppl can just address the needs of the people and citizens. That's what's important.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:39 PM

34,008 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelismaticEchoes View Post
I think poLIEtics is bull****. Political parties need to be done away with. Both democrats and republicans and liberals and conservatives are 2 sides of the same coin and are hypocrites. They are both working with each other behind the scenes.

I wish political parties would be eradicated and ppl can just address the needs of the people and citizens. That's what's important.
I agree....choosing a political party is like asking whether you want to get shot or stabbed IMO

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-02-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
To deter?
It would be nice to have an officer on every block, but there are nowhere near enough police to do so.
Perhaps the occasional Stop & Frisk would provide sufficient deterrent, especially in high-crime neighborhoods.
Agreed

Old 12-02-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Im not sure how knowledgeable you are, but plenty of kids and women in these poor high crime neighborhoods assist criminals with carrying firearms and illegal contraband. Stop and frisk csn easily be walked around by criminal scum and dregs of society that associate with criminals. Should cops stop and frisk 5 year old Tyrone? Or 40 year old Sharkesia?

http://newsone.com/1046795/elite-pri...-gang-charges/
Tyrone ironically is a common Irish name lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City