Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2013, 09:08 PM

2,238 posts, read 3,321,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Dude, do not put words in my mouth. Since you insist on doing that, I will be forced to put you on ignore.
I never put words in your mouth. I even stated stuff in inquisitive. You have written many things on other threads and forums that contradict the stuff you are saying now.

Dont put words in my mouth or ASSume.

I asked you if you did or did not say certain things? I NEVER put words in your mouth.

Also if you no longer live in NY, what made you change your stance or position on the matter? What made you leave NY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 08:47 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
@MelismaticEchoes, this wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Dude, do not put words in my mouth. Since you insist on doing that, I will be forced to put you on ignore.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
@MelismaticEchoes, this wouldn't be such a bad thing.
What do you mean?

Rofl! I don't care.

All it does is show how much of a troll NYWriterdude is. Less than a week ago, like days ago, he was calling ppl trolls and racists for stating the same views and opinions he has been making in this thread, and now he is flipping his entire stance and defending things and saying things he was deeming trolling and racist in similar threads and other forums. Seems like he doesn't know what he wants or believes and is just confused.

And the feeling is mutual at this point. I made my case and point and others are able to sew through his ridiculous bull****. So it's whatever. I honestly don't give a **** about it or that ****ing ****** *****. Bull**** is bull**** and ppl can see right through it. His contradictions speak for itself. And not to mention all of the fake troll accounts and panhandles and disguises NYWriterdude writes under on various forums and threads arguing and going around arguing going in circles and putting words in peoples mouths.

But hey, I guess being nice and trying to converse like an adult is too damn hard for some people. I guess ppl don't like to resort to being rational. So it's whatever then. Ppl need to learn to grow the **** up.

Sigh. One day the world will grow and get better. But for now, it is what it is. -shrugs- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by MelismaticEchoes; 12-04-2013 at 11:08 AM..

Old 12-04-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
It doesn't seem right when you have one demographic overwhelmingly voting for one party.
True!!!

Old 12-04-2013, 11:20 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,024,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelismaticEchoes View Post
What do you mean?

Rofl! I don't care.

All it does is show how much of a troll NYWriterdude is. Less than a week ago, like days ago, he was calling ppl trolls and racists for stating the same views and opinions he has been making in this thread, and now he is flipping his entire stance and defending things and saying things he was deeming trolling and racist in similar threads and other forums. Seems like he doesn't know what he wants or believes and is just confused.

And the feeling is mutual at this point. I made my case and point and others are able to sew through his ridiculous bull****. So it's whatever. I honestly don't give a **** about it or that ****ing ****** *****. Bull**** is bull**** and ppl can see right through it. His contradictions speak for itself. And not to mention all of the fake troll accounts and panhandles and disguises NYWriterdude writes under on various forums and threads arguing and going around arguing going in circles and putting words in peoples mouths.
How do you know this for sure or are you assuming he's doing this?

I do agree about the script flipping.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:52 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,382,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
We (including everyone in our extended family) do not know anyone who has been stopped or frisked.
In other words, they do not "literally target" minorities (however you are defining that).
It is my sense that they "target" people with a certain look, which would stand to reason, and that at least some of those people may fit into what you are identifying as "minorities."
Whether this is constitutional is another matter.
Over 80% of SF are minorities, so they are profiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
You are wrong. SQ&F is based on Terry guidelines. You have no idea how officers on the street do their job. Your assertions that the NYPD policy either targets minorities, or consists of random searches, or occurs to any individual on a daily basis are also incorrect. You can believe what you want.
Nope. Terry stops specifically allow an officer to frisk a potential suspect if there is high level of reasonable suspicion, and is done so only to protect the officer when he investigation a possible crime. Randomly stopping people walking on the street or driving around in their car and then searching them do not satisfy this requirement.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:25 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,238,832 times
Default ng done

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Over 80% of SF are minorities, so they are profiling.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_hoc_ergo_propter_hoc
Quote:
Terry stops specifically allow an officer to frisk a potential suspect if there is high level of reasonable suspicion, and is done so only to protect the officer when he investigation a possible crime.
Which is what is being done.
Quote:
Randomly stopping people walking on the street or driving around in their car and then searching them do not satisfy this requirement.
This is not happening. People are not being stopped randomly.
Would you expect some group of thugs, randomly scoping passersby of their own demographic, to admit their intent to officers who have interrupted their scheming?

Old 12-04-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
how do you know this for sure or are you assuming he's doing this?

agreed!

+1

Old 12-04-2013, 04:13 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,382,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Post hoc ergo propter hoc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which is what is being done.

This is not happening. People are not being stopped randomly.
Would you expect some group of thugs, randomly scoping passersby of their own demographic, to admit their intent to officers who have interrupted their scheming?
Evidence has been found that a great deal of searches were done randomly and without reasonable suspicion. This was provided by the NYPD. You can bet that many random searches are either not logged at all, or given a completely bogus reason for doing so. Just recently an off duty black nypd police chief was stopped and frisked, lol. Yeah, no racial profiling there. I'm sure there was reasonable suspicion as well.

Old 12-04-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
How do you know this for sure or are you assuming he's doing this?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City