Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2013, 01:51 PM

5,140 posts, read 4,976,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelismaticEchoes View Post
I think poLIEtics is bull****. Political parties need to be done away with. Both democrats and republicans and liberals and conservatives are 2 sides of the same coin and are hypocrites. They are both working with each other behind the scenes.

I wish political parties would be eradicated and ppl can just address the needs of the people and citizens. That's what's important.

That is exactly what america politics is about. two parties are there to perform hundreds of years old dog fight shows to engage the general public to make believe that they are putting their tax $$ into good use....but behind the scene, they have overlapping monetary interests and can reconcile with each other the moment they take off their costumes. It is a game that requires two parties to be present to keep it going. Only the misinformed general pupil will side dearly with one or the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 01:51 PM

2,238 posts, read 3,325,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
There's no way the current Republican party is looking for the Black vote, so this is a mutual thing.

You did have Blacks vote Republican in numbers until the 60s. After Johnson, a Democrat, signed the civil rights bill, you had massive Southern white KKK Democrats switch over to being Republicans. Nixon used the Southern strategy to get this vote. That's the current base of the Republican party. Notice Republicans haven't done well recently among Asians or Hispanics, and increasingly don't do so well among white women.
Hmm, O_o Who said the Republican party wasn't looking for the black vote?? Lol. I'm pretty sure Republicans would be happy to have the black vote. In fact Republicans often use and co-opt black supporters to help support their policies or to use Republican blacks to carry out their strategies against black liberals and liberals and democrats in general. Notice how black liberals depend heavily on white liberals and white Democrats to carry out their agendas.

It's all a hoax. They are both working with and depending on each other behind the scenes. It's poLIEtics.

Hispanics often been attracted to Republican party at times. It varies though,

And yes, Democrats can be just as racist as Republicans. Martin Luther King Jr was even a Republican and an opportunist. He also preferred WHITE woman. He was suppose to marry a white woman but they broke it off at last minute because he felt it might be hard to raise mixed race children in an uncertain era or time, but he still feels that that white woman was his true sweetheart and dream girl. For him that white woman was "the one". Even while he was married to Coretta he felt that his white ex fiancé was the one. He still had plans of potentially getting back with her. Democrats and republicans and liberals and conservatives contradict each other in terms of what they preach and how they live. They both are working with each other behind the scenes.

It's all poLIEtics and poLIEtricks. I believe that political parties should be done away with.

It's all about protecting access and socioeconomic divide and inequalities. It's about CLASS. race is a distraction and barrier put in place as a tool to and for divide and conquer to protect one's financial status. I wish ppl would realize that.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
There's no way the current Republican party is looking for the Black vote, so this is a mutual thing.

You did have Blacks vote Republican in numbers until the 60s. After Johnson, a Democrat, signed the civil rights bill, you had massive Southern white KKK Democrats switch over to being Republicans. Nixon used the Southern strategy to get this vote. That's the current base of the Republican party. Notice Republicans haven't done well recently among Asians or Hispanics, and increasingly don't do so well among white women.
Yes. Many older generations of blacks even to this day vote as or are registered as Republicans, but have decided to vote Democrat because they believe the Republican party these days are racist. There is racism in both the Democrat parties and Republican parties. Notice how something usually gets approved when whites speak up but a person of color voicing the issue or opinion doesn't always get their request or thoughts acknowledged. It was the white liberals telling the blacks what to do during the Trayvon incident because they profit off of them.

Tim Wise is an *******. He is a fool. He also overlooks the more nuanced and in between aspects of race etc. Also he is benefiting off of the ppl that others should be listening to. And blacks and ppl of color uphold him like he is some damn god, bending over and backwards for him and riding his ****/dick and swallowing every last drop. Meanwhile, he is making money and ppl aren't listening to ppl of color who have been voicing and giving speeches on the same concerns for generations.

Its hogwash.

Blacks and black liberals listen and do what white liberals tell them to do. White liberals are holding the puppet strings.

Al Sharpton has voiced anti white opinions in the past yet he is kissing their ass and using whatever he can to keep his show on the air and make a fortune spewing his nonsense.

PoLIEtics is bull****.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:02 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,986,996 times
Quote:
Hmm, O_o Who said the Republican party wasn't looking for the black vote?? Lol. I'm pretty sure Republicans would be happy to have the black vote. In fact Republicans often use and co-opt black supporters to help support their policies or to use Republican blacks to carry out their strategies against black liberals and liberals and democrats in general. Notice how black liberals depend heavily on white liberals and white Democrats to carry out their agendas.

It's all a hoax. They are both working with and depending on each other behind the scenes. It's poLIEtics.

And yes, Democrats can be just as racist as Republicans. Martin Luther King Jr was even a Republican and an opportunist. He also preferred WHITE woman. He was suppose to marry a white woman but they broke it off at last minute because he felt it might be hard to raise mixed race children in an uncertain era or time, but he still feels that that white woman was his true sweetheart and dream girl. For him that white woman was "the one". Even while he was married to Coretta he felt that his white ex fiancé was the one. He still had plans of potentially getting back with her. Democrats and republicans and liberals and conservatives contradict each other in terms of what they preach and how they live. They both are working with each other behind the scenes.

It's all poLIEtics and poLIEtricks. I believe that political parties should be done away with.

It's all about protecting access and socioeconomic divide and inequalities. It's about CLASS. race is a distraction and barrier put in place as a tool to and for divide and conquer to protect one's financial status. I wish ppl would realize that.
Martin Luther King is dead and has no way to address these allegations. Talk about smearing a dead person to prove a political point. If he had a white ex, so what? Is that somehow a crime? Is that suppose to somehow make him a worse person, or take away from what he did?

Political parties are not going either, neither are class differences.

Nor do I even see the point in class unity. I could argue that class unity is big a falsehood as race.

Its really up to you the individual to live the kind of life you want to. Class and race as categories are just similar forms of collectivism. But the reality is people primarily care about themselves, and beyond that maybe their relatives and their friends. When all is said and done, you are responsible for YOURSELF!

Old 12-02-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
What I find very disturbing with this video is that there are some people actually co-signing sucker punching someone rather than giving them a chance to see it coming.

It seems like a generation of punks have been raised. It also seems like jumping a person with two or more people is the way to go now as well. When I was coming up, jumping was not allowed and others stepped in to make sure the fight stayed one on one. There are even videos where male teens are actually jumping in to fight for a female that's losing a fight. Now, this is when a box cutter or gun would have came in handy.

Someone sent me a video of a hispanic girl walking home with her mother that got into a fight with some hoodrats. These animals didn't even have the decency to respect the fact that the girl was with her mom. The mother was trying to break it up and one of the low lives was taping the entire altercation. Of course, the mother didn't report it as I'm assuming she was not here legally, but I was thoroughly disgusted. They said it happened in Harlem somewhere.

I was raised at a time where you didn't turn your back on people you were having arguments with, because you never knew what could happen. You trust NO ONE.
All I know is that if anyone attacked or punched me like that, they'd better run because I would have tore their ass and hurt them so bad.

The only thing that is crazy these days is that no one fights naturally anymore. Everyone wants to pull out a weapon on ppl, which is all the more dangerous.

Ppl need to keep their damn hands to theirselves/themselves.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:07 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,986,996 times
By the way, saying people should get rid of politics, in and of itself is political! The claims you made about Martin Luther King, regardless of whether are not they are true, are politics.

As for the Trayvon Martin thing, right or wrong, the outcry was how those people personally felt about that matter. They thought Zimmerman should have been jailed for killing Martin. Mind you, Zimmerman has more recently been arrested for violence against his girlfriend.

So political parties aren't going anywhere, so feel free to vote for whatever politician you think best suits your interests or not vote at all.

The people I know who spend all their time complaining about the system tend to do so to distract from their own personal failures.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:12 PM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,522 posts, read 2,245,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
While you denounce others as being idiotic, you may sound or appear the same to others, so why not keep these offensive words tucked under your tongue and express your opinion in simple and rationale manners? Acting hysterical like other members such as Mr. Marilyn does not help your point cross better but instead reflects the low end of yourself.
Me stating that his hypocrisy was idiotic was very rational. And who is acting hysterical?

Old 12-02-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
That is exactly what america politics is about. two parties are there to perform hundreds of years old dog fight shows to engage the general public to make believe that they are putting their tax $$ into good use....but behind the scene, they have overlapping monetary interests and can reconcile with each other the moment they take off their costumes. It is a game that requires two parties to be present to keep it going. Only the misinformed general pupil will side dearly with one or the other.
Exactly. And it's actually like these all across the globe and in international poLIEtics. Countries that claim to hate each other are accommodating each other behind the scenes.

One one party or person stands for something in politics another entity will come out and find something to make up or find make believe policies to protect their interests and social class and power to keep things in control!

What you said is so true.

If poLIEticians really cared about constituents and ppl, they'd do what they have to do. No sugarcoating and no bull****.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Martin Luther King is dead and has no way to address these allegations. Talk about smearing a dead person to prove a political point. If he had a white ex, so what? Is that somehow a crime? Is that suppose to somehow make him a worse person, or take away from what he did?

Political parties are not going either, neither are class differences.

Nor do I even see the point in class unity. I could argue that class unity is big a falsehood as race.

Its really up to you the individual to live the kind of life you want to. Class and race as categories are just similar forms of collectivism. But the reality is people primarily care about themselves, and beyond that maybe their relatives and their friends. When all is said and done, you are responsible for YOURSELF!
I am not a fan of either political party because poLIEtics is bull****. I was simply countering some of yours and others points to show the flaw in your argument and others argument and speaking neutrally. I was only trying to argue how all races and political parties depend on each other and co-opt each other and are 2 sides of the same coin PERIOD. My main point was to show how leaders and ppl preach something but engage in or partake in actions that are contradictory to what their assigned platform is.

It's similar to how Zionists and Nazis worked with each other and Black Power militants and KKK and other white supremacists worked with each other etc.

You also helped sum up my point that at the end of the day we are responsible for our individual selves as human being individuals, and that's how it should be, especially when it comes to equality and politics and serving the needs of the ppl and fixing the issues and problems that humans face in these days. No bull**** and no sugarcoating it.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:23 PM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,522 posts, read 2,245,192 times
Quote:

And this information about MLK comes from where?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City