Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2008, 08:10 AM

123 posts, read 250,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
So I worked the 4pm-12am shift at bk11 today. I did a relay to Jersey, another on the way back in Staten Island, then picked up a paper truck at bk13 and dumped it where we drove outside fbf. I think it's canarsie or east ny.....Got back to the garage early and hung out there until about 11:35 pm and then left....Not bad overall, just a lot of driving.....

thanks to all the guys for the good posts about OJT. this gives everyone a good idea bout what to expect when it's our turn. by the way, what's a GU?

Old 07-19-2008, 08:18 AM

502 posts, read 1,009,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kochise View Post
thanks to all the guys for the good posts about OJT. this gives everyone a good idea bout what to expect when it's our turn. by the way, what's a GU?
Gu is garage utility. They work in the garage changing tires, cleaning the trucks and things like that.....

Old 07-19-2008, 10:46 AM

5 posts, read 9,758 times
Default gu

gu is a good spot if you can get it and want a regular shift.once you except the gu spot noone can knock yu off your shift regardless of your time on the job.also can learn a lot about the job and can get wrecker qualified if thats something your intrested in.dont make any extra money unless your night gu(night diff)good spot except maybe in winter during snow gets kinda off hectic otherwise a pretty good gig by the way i have 9 years on and have been guin q5a for last 6 months or so. any questions let me know

Old 07-19-2008, 12:07 PM

389 posts, read 774,951 times
Hope everybody came out of OJT well, have a nice, relaxing, fun weekend guys and see some of you Monday.

Old 07-19-2008, 12:59 PM

82 posts, read 152,054 times
For the guys anticipating getting called after the august class(including myself).Dont work yourselves into a sweat even though sometimes you cant help it....theres plenty of rumors going around that ive become numb to,but like the post a couple of pages down mentioned,and from a couple of union guys i know..in the end the union makes things move...i heard everything but what the commish said, so just sit back and let it unfold.

Old 07-19-2008, 02:34 PM

53 posts, read 100,898 times
Default medical

I was hoping to get in this aug 11th class. #51* If i dont make this class will I have to take the whole medical over again as it will be over 6 months?
thanks for any info.

Old 07-19-2008, 04:47 PM

257 posts, read 507,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhc123 View Post
I dunno I have a feeling that they will try to squeeze another class in before the winter. I mean 200 hires is nothing. They have 25 guys retiring a month. And they havent done a hire since at least the end of last year. Plus if they go to the spring of next year. They will really be emaciating the workforce. The union will have a problem with that too. Less guys=less union dues. You know they don't want that to happen.

nyhc what a crappy week man but what can you do.... looks like now were on a mission to find out when the next classes will be... and if u think about it that 1 in 3 thing didnt even come close 464 u said right....i think im gunna call and ask what the last list number was im looking to here at least 500....lol

good luck with OJT guys remember your probation is in ultimate effect lol

Old 07-19-2008, 06:35 PM

21 posts, read 48,394 times
[quote=jim1276;4521663]For the guys anticipating getting called after the august class(including myself).Dont work yourselves into a sweat even though sometimes you cant help it....theres plenty of rumors going around that ive become numb to,but like the post a couple of pages down mentioned,and from a couple of union guys i know..in the end the union makes things move...i heard everything but what the commish said, so just sit back and let it unfold

you said it best. we all got to keep the faith and stay a little bit patient....hey we waited this long. In the mean time i'll keep reading this thread and keep getting my cdl stuff in order.

Old 07-19-2008, 08:09 PM

8 posts, read 17,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonlee View Post
I was hoping to get in this aug 11th class. #51* If i dont make this class will I have to take the whole medical over again as it will be over 6 months?
thanks for any info.
I wanted to ask the exact same question. list # 529

Old 07-19-2008, 11:50 PM

257 posts, read 507,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonlee View Post
thanks for any info.
that is a good question but i dont think they would do that cause then the city has to pay for all of us to take it again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City