Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2008, 05:27 PM

11 posts, read 17,075 times

Advertisements

Since a new guy cant get a tissue until a year into the job...how does he go about signing for nights?....does signing for it give you a steady shift ?or do you still get bounced around?

Old 09-08-2008, 05:27 PM

163 posts, read 328,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipez View Post
i was out of town to QW1 and that district doesnt run and dump.. yes some idiots do run and dump.. i can tell you now i wont be .. When i do get to retire i want to enjoy my money.I don't want to be spending it on Copays every week because i blew my knees out running up a route.. The mentality that Turkey has is great for him but i can honestly say thats not how the whole department is ... one other thing .. Everyone is there own person just because some other idiot is running don't mean you have to be an idiot ........Yea you get done in a few hours .. but is it worth your back ? your knees ? and enjoying your retirement because you work like an animal ?? nahhh...
WOW, Looks like someone spoke to soon.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmansoon View Post
Since a new guy cant get a tissue until a year into the job...how does he go about signing for nights?....does signing for it give you a steady shift ?or do you still get bounced around?
When Nite plow starts everyone in your district signs a telletype with there name on it for nites or not. Nite shift roster i think they call it.

No signing for nite shift doesnt gaurante you a steady shift (at least not yet) With time and some seniority it would.It will get you all or any nite shift that you can make with the seniority you do hold.

Less bouncing around ,also less round robins or less of a chance for a round robin. Also signing for nite gives you an officers chart so you know exactly your next chart would be without having to look at a dsny calender as well as three days off in a row every six weeks. Or as they call it "your three day weekend.

Round robin example...tuesday 4 to 12, wed 8 to 4, thursday 12 to 8.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:54 PM

54 posts, read 110,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanman04 View Post
Did you meet "supervisor" Krupoff ?
Supervisor Krupoff is in my garage Q10

Old 09-08-2008, 06:50 PM

176 posts, read 374,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbobynot View Post
Worked Bronx1 did 20.3 tons in 2 Dumps. I have to get out of here LOL. 40 Miles each way driving sucks. Nice bunch of Guys. I am Chart Tomorrow so i can recoup i know i am going to be in PAIN Tomorrow any recommendations?
Ben-Gay, lol.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:03 PM

300 posts, read 659,378 times
Lol.... i got nothing to say on that one ... I wasn't going to back track the day i said it .. I "Prefer " not to .. But being that i have to ride the wave i must do what the senior man tells me ... But.. you can still hold your dumping till aftger lunch ...

Was a good day today .... I'll be with Grapes tomorrow by the coffee truck if your buying coffee therich84 ... lolol

Old 09-08-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Lol.... i got nothing to say on that one ... I wasn't going to back track the day i said it .. I "Prefer " not to .. But being that i have to ride the wave i must do what the senior man tells me ... But.. you can still hold your dumping till aftger lunch ...

Was a good day today .... I'll be with Grapes tomorrow by the coffee truck if your buying coffee therich84 ... lolol

well i think the FORUM, would maybe forgive for the IDIOT remarks.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:54 PM

300 posts, read 659,378 times
LMAO i do appologize for the comment...i understand now what he and you guys mean ...

Old 09-08-2008, 08:03 PM

Quote:
LMAO i do appologize for the comment...i understand now what he and you guys mean ...

I can only speak for myself ( A NON IDIOT). I do not run and dump every route i am on, I have respect for those that do not as well as those senior men and women that do not dump on shift. But If a Route i regularly laoded and dumped then so be it.

Pipez your forgiven by me cant speak for the others.

Lesson learned for the soon to be sanworkers as well as those that may have blurted things they should not have before actually getting to a garage and seeing how they are run <(bad choice of word i know) ...Better to listen and learn than to speak out of turn.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:41 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,062,511 times
Default Sanman Canned Over Bribe; Improperly Removed Trade Waste

Sanman Canned Over Bribe; Improperly Removed Trade Waste | www.thechief-leader.com | The Chief-Leader NYC Civil Service Newspaper (http://www.thechief-leader.com/news/2008/0912/news/021.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City