Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 07:45 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,218,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutark Evansby View Post
Cry me a river, sheesh, playing the same card over and over and over and over again gets old....if you get stopped, the first words out of your mouth when the police officer asks for your ID/license/registration/insurance card should be "yes sir/maam"....period
Sorry, I don't do "rivers." I'm simply making an informed decision. It is well documented through qualitative analysis that the justice system is different for minorities than it is for Whites. This is the American truth you can't stand to hear for fear that ~ well maybe you just have to admit that we really haven't done much in terms of civil rights in this country.

Get over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 07:46 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,218,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
An individual Black just killed two non Black police officers in Brooklyn.

If you want to say there are bad cops, yes there are. But you must also admit the existence of Black criminals and separate them from law abiding Blacks. Ditto other so called minorities.

And yes, there are certain problems that breed poverty and crime that the nation will need to address (including continued welfare reform) and maybe issues like immigration.

Further reduce welfare rolls and make employers verify legal status and push those people formerly on welfare to look for work.
An individual White just killed three people in Pennsylvania. Whites kill Whites. Blacks kill Blacks. Why is this news? What makes White lives some how different? I don't get that part.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:28 PM

136 posts, read 106,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieG View Post
Sorry, I don't do "rivers." I'm simply making an informed decision. It is well documented through qualitative analysis that the justice system is different for minorities than it is for Whites. This is the American truth you can't stand to hear for fear that ~ well maybe you just have to admit that we really haven't done much in terms of civil rights in this country.

Get over it.
i have no issue with it, you do

Old 12-21-2014, 08:30 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,166,459 times
Quote:

Get over it.
Oh you mean like for O.J. lol

Old 12-21-2014, 08:37 PM

136 posts, read 106,379 times
Quote:
An individual White just killed three people in Pennsylvania. Whites kill Whites. Blacks kill Blacks. Why is this news? What makes White lives some how different? I don't get that part.
you are saying they are different....the media loves crap like this for ratings. There was the "survivalist" who was hiding out in PA, i believe he killed 2 duputies. That got plenty of media coverage (he was white). Keep me honest, the last time a white person was killed by a police officer, were there protests? did whites go and literally burn a town down? you have to love the rationale concerning the Michael Brown case. The protestors didnt want justice, they wanted "their way"....Many of those interviewed said "if there is no indictment, there will be trouble"....that is basically mob mentality thinking. They didnt want the JUSTICE that they were screaming about, they just wanted someone punished, even with all the overwhelming proof that MB was not some innocent angel....Chants of "you shouldnt die for stealing cigars". That is idiotic....MB didnt die due to stealing cigars, he died because he ATTACKED a police officer

Old 12-21-2014, 09:02 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,946,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Police killed over 1000 US citizens in 2014. No one said much. 2 police officers were shot and 'oh, woe is us, this violence must stop
So these are 1,000 innocent people murdered by police officers?

Old 12-21-2014, 09:17 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,984,523 times
Quote:
You earlier claimed no Black person had ever harmed a NYPD officer. Clearly this recent homicide shows that is not the case.

Of course, not all Blacks are criminals just as not all policemen are villains.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:37 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,308,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Police killed over 1000 US citizens in 2014. No one said much. 2 police officers were shot and 'oh, woe is us, this violence must stop
How many of those were non white? How many were black? How many were perps? How many were wanted for something? How many resisted?

Don't throw a stat out without data to support it.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:47 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,308,837 times
Quote:
Of course the rhettoric is there for us all to read. However, the facts still remain. Does not matter how many times they try to obscure: Blacks who are and are not criminals are not treated the same as their White counterparts in matters of arrest and judicial procedures in this country. It is what it is.

I think Blacks are tired too. However, as you can see not one individual Black in NYC committed a crime against any police officer. Let's not forget who assaulted them on the Brooklyn Bridge. The cops could have opened fire (like they would if it were a Black) but they did not. All a show, that many are tired of seeing.

It's time to stop blaming other races for our own fears and mistrust. Let's own them on our own.
The black community brought the fears and mistrust to themselves. Many, not all are to blame for how they have conducted themselves the past 20 or so years embracing a thug life mentality that frowns on education in general, breeds hate, racism and glorifies crime ranging from petty crime, drug dealing of all types and mass murder via drive by shootings. We are well beyond the mantra of a few bad apples spoil the bunch. The groove must be burnt down and re-grown. Scary thing is that this will take generations to accomplish.

Than you get this nut job coming up from the south invoking the names of Brown and Garner to enact revenge against the Police. This guy did not do the black community any favors at all. The same way the professional racists like Sharpton, Jackson, Ben Crump and the white guilt apologist's have not done any favors for the black community.

The statement that was issued is 99% accurate of the issues that we as a society are facing.

Old 12-22-2014, 01:02 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,984,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
The black community brought the fears and mistrust to themselves. Many, not all are to blame for how they have conducted themselves the past 20 or so years embracing a thug life mentality that frowns on education in general, breeds hate, racism and glorifies crime ranging from petty crime, drug dealing of all types and mass murder via drive by shootings. We are well beyond the mantra of a few bad apples spoil the bunch. The groove must be burnt down and re-grown. Scary thing is that this will take generations to accomplish.

Than you get this nut job coming up from the south invoking the names of Brown and Garner to enact revenge against the Police. This guy did not do the black community any favors at all. The same way the professional racists like Sharpton, Jackson, Ben Crump and the white guilt apologist's have not done any favors for the black community.

The statement that was issued is 99% accurate of the issues that we as a society are facing.
The city and the nation by doing things like welfare reform, promoting gentrification of urban areas, etc have slowly been burning down the grove. The destruction of housing projects in many cities (NY is now privatizing its housing projects) are all a part of this.

Those men who become convicts are barred perhaps permanently from employment. As bad as things maybe, remember nationally crime is down from the 80s as the severe consequences from committing crime will continue to be in place.

Sadly because of the way US politics played out and because of people like Jesse Jackson a number of Blacks were taken in by poverty pimps who sold government solutions, when the reality is private sector investment was needed. Poverty pimps demonize business and capitalism, but I have never been hired by anyone poorer than me. In the words of Gwen Guthrie,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szM7x0N9Ru4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City