Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 06:44 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,867,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Like I said they wont do it. If they wanted to they could turn the city and quiet pcts included into a complete mess. People here aren't stupid. Unlike you I actually went out on patrol and I know what could happen.
You have no solid evidence to support your prediction. The condos are being built. The neighborhoods are being gentrified, affluent people are moving to NYC and the rifraff are being kicked out. Only delusional cops will say that they can turn this into a complete mess. Delusions of grandeur and self importance, that's what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 06:50 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,973,458 times
Quote:
If they wanted to they could turn the city and quiet pcts included into a complete mess.
This won't affect C houses at all. I live in the 123. If we never saw an RMP again it wouldn't make a difference at all. But the 75, 73, 67, 71, most of the Bronx, most of Manhattan (good or bad parts)... now that's where the effect would be felt if the cops stopped rushing to jobs.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:52 PM

5,861 posts, read 3,300,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
You have no solid evidence to support your prediction. The condos are being built. The neighborhoods are being gentrified, affluent people are moving to NYC and the rifraff are being kicked out. Only delusional cops will say that they can turn this into a complete mess. Delusions of grandeur and self importance, that's what it is.
Again you never were a cop. You never did patrol. As I said the cops wont do it anyway. However if they really wanted to they could. I think I know a hell of a lot more when it comes to police work then you do.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:54 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,218,810 times
Default Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
Pull the cops out these ghettos. Let those scumbag savages kill eachother.
They already "kill themselves." The cops come to clean up. Policing nowadays doesn't prevent crime.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:55 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,867,684 times
Quote:
Again you never were a cop. You never did patrol. As I said the cops wont do it anyway. However if they really wanted to they could. I think I know a hell of a lot more when it comes to police work then you do.
LOL! So NYC will continue to gentrify only because the cops allow it. What's the next punchline from Lynch?

So what exactly is it you know that will make professionals stop moving to NYC and developers cancel their building projects? Because cops took another 10 mins to respond to an armed robbery in Brownsville? Yeah, right.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:56 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,984,523 times
Quote:
So what's the point of mentioning it if the cops won't do it, but could? Could doesn't count. What actually counts is what actually happens.

If innocent people (who may even be NYPD) got killed or harmed because the NYPD decided not do to their jobs because they hate de Blasio, that would mean NYPD police force is horribly corrupt, and would need massive discharges (firings) and would need to be rebuilt.

You do not punish the public to spite the mayor. Period. Completely unacceptable.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
DeBlasio's not to blame for this and the Patrick Lynch, as usual, sounds like a crazed loon.
Well if he's to blame, then so are so many other people in this city and across our country (even Canada) who have protested against police brutality. One word "alleged" is the reason why the cops are uptight?

The police have the advantage, so I'm not sure why they are complaining about DeBlasio. They are not fired, reprimanded or anything for their actions.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Police killed over 1000 US citizens in 2014. No one said much. 2 police officers were shot and 'oh, woe is us, this violence must stop
Some of it was by accident too because they're incompetent. At least three incidents in New York alone I can recall of police shooting people for no reason.

Old 12-21-2014, 07:01 PM

5,861 posts, read 3,300,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
So what's the point of mentioning it if the cops won't do it, but could? Could doesn't count. What actually counts is what actually happens.

If innocent people (who may even be NYPD) got killed or harmed because the NYPD decided not do to their jobs because they hate de Blasio, that would mean NYPD police force is horribly corrupt, and would need massive discharges (firings) and would need to be rebuilt.

You do not punish the public to spite the mayor. Period. Completely unacceptable.
Nor do you crap all over the cops. Also when you have cops being executed you have really raised the bar don't you think? I think cop assassinations are completely unacceptable. PERIOD!

Old 12-21-2014, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi guy View Post
Wouldn't solely blame the mayor but, if I may draw a football analogy, deBlasio has quarterbacked this crisis with the marches since the Grand Jury no bill about as well as Geno Smith. The mayor fumbled this from the get go with that bizarre comment about fearing for his son and encounters with the police. I don't think he knew it but he fed the beast right there. Leaders are supposed to lead everybody, especially in a crisis, and not just recount something he probably once told someone at a cocktail party.

Patrick Lynch, a union leader, may well be a crazed loon but he is doing what union leaders are supposed to do: Fight for the members, two of whom were just senselessly murdered, murders Lynch feared would happen. Lynch was right weeks ago. Sometimes crazy people have special insight, I guess. Or they just know when someone says something stupid.

Well let's ask ourselves if he has a valid concern? The kid is Black. He is recognizable in NYC, but I dare think that everyone in law enforcement knows how he looks. If it was your child, what would YOU say?

It is what it is. No, I'm not talking about any White Guilt either, I'm speaking realistically here. What would you do? I have no doubt that his son could be a target because he is the son's mayor and because he's Black. With that said, I hope they get personal security detail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City