Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 12:06 AM

34,175 posts, read 47,398,319 times

Advertisements

On a side note, rats have plagued major cities for hundreds of years. Would you guys rather the mayor do nothing at all? Some of you really just come on here to complain. Well the problem is not even the rats, its you! Simple as that, you don't like your situation, change it. Everybody feeling sorry for their situation and comes on here to blame it on DeBlasio, taxes, or other crap. And then the all time excuse "my family's here" or "my career's here, I can't go." Total BS. Facetime your family, start saving your pennies, keep that tax return instead of buying the 4K TV, and either look for a new career or get a connect somewhere else. Like City-Data is going to help any of you. After you make your post, you will still be walking down the street and have rats running over your feet!

Shout out to my lottery people who actually help each other, the rest of you really need intervention.

I can point out some fine examples:

Bluedog - owns 2 apartments in the Bronx, made his way
airborne - our new mod, lives a good life on Staten Island with his family
Radeon - new lottery apt owner in the South Bronx, making it work for him
Henna - not even from NYC, got her crib in Jackson Heights chillin!
Commander Beth - embracing the Bronx day by day
Roseba - bought in the Bronx, new owner
yodel - another one, bought in the Bronx, making it work

Take example. Make it work, or bounce, because C-D will not change your life for you!

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 02:47 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,305,288 times
We have a lady close to us who feeds the neighborhood stray cats. I have never seen a rat here. Plus the neighbors realy do make an effort to pick up the occasional garbage thrown out the window by the degenerate passing motorists.

Old 07-14-2017, 03:23 AM

12,792 posts, read 8,327,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Yeah but not living in certain areas of the city minimizes my chances of seeing them. There are certain areas of the city that the Health Department has deemed "rat reservoirs." Queens is the only borough that does not have one. Obviously some neighborhoods are more problematic than others. At least I can admit to where I live, you can't even disclose that on the board. Why do you even bother posting sometimes, I don't know. Most of what you speak about is crap you read about on the Internet. You don't hang in the PJs, you don't know anybody that lives there so you don't visit any PJs, but you know oh so much. Go feed your crap to somebody else that's hungry. Unless you want to disclose your source of credibility, don't bother posting about it. I back up what I speak about and you can't. Tribeca where I work is one of the most expensive neighborhoods to live in in the city, but its actually a rat reservoir. Oh the irony. No public housing in Tribeca last I checked. I'm in Tribeca every weekday too so let's see how much you want to discount me on that. Everything I speak about on this board, I actually know from experience. Go read Village Voice or something.
Don't have to visit any PJs. Trash strewn about can be easily seen in a good portion of PJ's from street level with one's eyes when passing by them, and as long as the trash disposal is as poor as what I have seen, am certain that rats have to exist. Maybe not as bad as Manhattan, but they are there. Tribeca... SoHo... SoHo especially was Skid Row at one point. They were all dumps back in the day that now have trendy names or whatever, so am not shocked about such things. Rats likely just moved from one spot to another, and so it goes. You are just mad about me speaking the truth. The more dense a place is and the worse garbage disposal is, the more likely it is that rats exist. The only question is how many. Can live in denial about such facts if it makes you feel better or whatever.

Old 07-14-2017, 03:25 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,267,080 times
I've noticed way less rats in the subways this year. Whatever they are doing in the subways seems to be working.

Old 07-14-2017, 05:15 AM

343 posts, read 255,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
I've noticed way less rats in the subways this year. Whatever they are doing in the subways seems to be working.
Wasn't it earlier this year there were talks about spraying a new experimental rat poison in the subways? It was one of those experimental rat poisons that wreck the reproductive hormones of rats "but humans are unaffected by the poisons". Ha. Lottery winners are probably unaffected by the poisons also. The government probably gets lotto winners special tax incentives for buying up nice new condos in The Bronx. Those are the people eating the $45 brunch salads at fancy restaurants in the village... they will do the $75 lunches sitting outside laughing at the people who cant afford to buy the $45 salads every day (excluding tips and drinks) ...

Old 07-14-2017, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Don't have to visit any PJs. Trash strewn about can be easily seen in a good portion of PJ's from street level with one's eyes when passing by them, and as long as the trash disposal is as poor as what I have seen, am certain that rats have to exist. Maybe not as bad as Manhattan, but they are there. Tribeca... SoHo... SoHo especially was Skid Row at one point. They were all dumps back in the day that now have trendy names or whatever, so am not shocked about such things. Rats likely just moved from one spot to another, and so it goes. You are just mad about me speaking the truth. The more dense a place is and the worse garbage disposal is, the more likely it is that rats exist. The only question is how many. Can live in denial about such facts if it makes you feel better or whatever.
We can continue this as long as you want to. Plain and simple - I dont see rats around my way. I see them in Manhattan with way more frequency. What don't you get. This is idiocy at its finest, you don't live where I live but you're telling me what I see on a daily basis. Don't talk about what you don't know. Maybe the rats have manners around my way then and stay out of humans way. Feel better now?

Old 07-14-2017, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
You clearly don't ride the A train in Brooklyn. Sonetimes I see them on the platforms on my commute home. Utica, Nostrand, Broadway Junction = infested.

Old 07-14-2017, 05:35 AM

12,792 posts, read 8,327,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
We can continue this as long as you want to. Plain and simple - I dont see rats around my way. I see them in Manhattan with way more frequency. What don't you get. This is idiocy at its finest, you don't live where I live but you're telling me what I see on a daily basis. Don't talk about what you don't know. Maybe the rats have manners around my way then and stay out of humans way. Feel better now?
Am not telling you what you see... Am saying what *I* see. Maybe now you can feel better. Just because you don't see rats doesn't discount what I'm saying. Now you're arguing with NooYowkur about what he sees. Am here to say I see the same amount of rats or *more* in the subways. Either way, you can't discredit what *other people* see or don't see since you aren't there.

This news report from 2016 completely debunks your theory that no part of Queens has a rat problem, but hey what do I know. Ozone Park, Howard Beach... Rats galore, but Far Rockaway... Nope no rats. *LOL*

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...392640231.html

Last edited by pierrepont7731; 07-14-2017 at 05:48 AM..

Old 07-14-2017, 05:43 AM

25,393 posts, read 37,143,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
And I'm here to say that no amount of money will get rid of the rats. Rats & Roaches will easily outlive all NYers even after the 5 boroughs have been wiped out in a post-nuclear and inundation holocaust

Perhaps the plan is to give the rats the $32 million and induce them to move to Westchester County?

I have never seen a rat outside the subway tunnels...I can live with that (but then I don't live on Grand Concourse.)

Quote:
The deal was that when city stopped people from burning trash that collections would increase to every other day. But that still means one (or more days) per week trash must be stored somewhere on the property. Again it is mostly always in plastic bags.
I would rather have rats on the street than poisoned air from incinerators.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:40 AM

11,201 posts, read 9,108,034 times
Are these American rats or Illegal rats? What is their legal status here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City