Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 09:01 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Am not telling you what you see... Am saying what *I* see. Maybe now you can feel better. Just because you don't see rats doesn't discount what I'm saying. Now you're arguing with NooYowkur about what he sees. Am here to say I see the same amount of rats or *more* in the subways. Either way, you can't discredit what *other people* see or don't see since you aren't there.

This news report from 2016 completely debunks your theory that no part of Queens has a rat problem, but hey what do I know. Ozone Park, Howard Beach... Rats galore, but Far Rockaway... Nope no rats. *LOL*

Brazen Rats Terrorize Parkgoers, Neighbors in Queens as Complaints Surge to Record Numbers | NBC New York
You don't read well. AT ALL. I said that the Health Department designated certain areas of the city as "rat reservoirs." Queens is the only borough that did not have one. I did not say that Queens does not have rat problems. I repeat - I said that the Health Department designated certain areas of the city as "rat reservoirs." Meaning that infestation is severe in those areas. Queens is the only borough that did not have one. Conversation's over until you learn how to comprehend what others are saying.

You don't even read the article you post well.

"llphone video taken by one resident in the Ozone Park neighborhood of Queens shows just how bold the rodents are, as they scurry around a fenced-in section of the Vito Locasio Field near the restrooms in broad daylight. And that's before the problem gets really bad, according to neighbors: they start coming out in force during the evening and nighttime hours.
"At twilight, that's when they peak -- hundreds of them, schools of them running around over there," said James Kolm of nearby Howard Beach. "They've got traps over there, but they're running around all over the field. It's very dangerous."

The rat infestation is happening within a park, in Ozone Park. Somebody who LIVES NEARBY in Howard Beach was interviewed. The article didn't even say Howard Beach itself had a problem with rats. Are you posting from your desk or something? Go back to work. and pay attention to that. This guy over here posting stuff and not even reading......thats the problem with this forum! Diarrhea of the keyboard.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 09:16 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,295,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
You don't read well. AT ALL. I said that the Health Department designated certain areas of the city as "rat reservoirs." Queens is the only borough that did not have one. I did not say that Queens does not have rat problems. I repeat - I said that the Health Department designated certain areas of the city as "rat reservoirs." Meaning that infestation is severe in those areas. Queens is the only borough that did not have one. Conversation's over until you learn how to comprehend what others are saying.

You don't even read the article you post well.

"llphone video taken by one resident in the Ozone Park neighborhood of Queens shows just how bold the rodents are, as they scurry around a fenced-in section of the Vito Locasio Field near the restrooms in broad daylight. And that's before the problem gets really bad, according to neighbors: they start coming out in force during the evening and nighttime hours.
"At twilight, that's when they peak -- hundreds of them, schools of them running around over there," said James Kolm of nearby Howard Beach. "They've got traps over there, but they're running around all over the field. It's very dangerous."

The rat infestation is happening within a park, in Ozone Park. Somebody who LIVES NEARBY in Howard Beach was interviewed. The article didn't even say Howard Beach itself had a problem with rats. Are you posting from your desk or something? Go back to work. and pay attention to that. This guy over here posting stuff and not even reading......thats the problem with this forum! Diarrhea of the keyboard.
Am here to tell you I read very well. The article said the following:

"A rat infestation at a Queens park has gotten so bad that it's been spreading to nearby homes, neighbors say.", so yes it *IS* a problem in the neighborhood (Ozone Park).

Howard Beach is not that far away and it isn't clear how far they are spreading, but if homeowners are concerned, then it's safe to say they are spreading a good distance. Can tell you that rats don't stay in one place, and do migrate.

Am quoting you earlier:

Quote:
Rats are the primary reason I could never live in Manhattan, no matter how much money I make. Sorry but it's just disgusting.
Your comment made it sound as if Queens was devoid of such issues while the problem is citywide, so the problem is your lack of communication skills, not my reading skills.

Old 07-14-2017, 09:17 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
On a side note, rats have plagued major cities for hundreds of years. Would you guys rather the mayor do nothing at all? Some of you really just come on here to complain. Well the problem is not even the rats, its you! Simple as that, you don't like your situation, change it. Everybody feeling sorry for their situation and comes on here to blame it on DeBlasio, taxes, or other crap. And then the all time excuse "my family's here" or "my career's here, I can't go." Total BS. Facetime your family, start saving your pennies, keep that tax return instead of buying the 4K TV, and either look for a new career or get a connect somewhere else. Like City-Data is going to help any of you. After you make your post, you will still be walking down the street and have rats running over your feet!

Shout out to my lottery people who actually help each other, the rest of you really need intervention.

I can point out some fine examples:

Bluedog - owns 2 apartments in the Bronx, made his way
airborne - our new mod, lives a good life on Staten Island with his family
Radeon - new lottery apt owner in the South Bronx, making it work for him
Henna - not even from NYC, got her crib in Jackson Heights chillin!
Commander Beth - embracing the Bronx day by day
Roseba - bought in the Bronx, new owner
yodel - another one, bought in the Bronx, making it work

Take example. Make it work, or bounce, because C-D will not change your life for you!
All good ideas, but I suspect these people will take none of them.

Even the whole moving away from NYC as an escape isn't necessarily a good idea. Of course people should live where they want, but a big part of the problem is these people have poor job skills, and if you have poor job skills that's going to be a problem wherever they move. They need to reinvent themselves.

Old 07-14-2017, 09:22 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
On a side note, rats have plagued major cities for hundreds of years. Would you guys rather the mayor do nothing at all? Some of you really just come on here to complain. Well the problem is not even the rats, its you! Simple as that, you don't like your situation, change it. Everybody feeling sorry for their situation and comes on here to blame it on DeBlasio, taxes, or other crap. And then the all time excuse "my family's here" or "my career's here, I can't go." Total BS. Facetime your family, start saving your pennies, keep that tax return instead of buying the 4K TV, and either look for a new career or get a connect somewhere else. Like City-Data is going to help any of you. After you make your post, you will still be walking down the street and have rats running over your feet!

Shout out to my lottery people who actually help each other, the rest of you really need intervention.

I can point out some fine examples:

Bluedog - owns 2 apartments in the Bronx, made his way
airborne - our new mod, lives a good life on Staten Island with his family
Radeon - new lottery apt owner in the South Bronx, making it work for him
Henna - not even from NYC, got her crib in Jackson Heights chillin!
Commander Beth - embracing the Bronx day by day
Roseba - bought in the Bronx, new owner
yodel - another one, bought in the Bronx, making it work

Take example. Make it work, or bounce, because C-D will not change your life for you!
They probably won't make it worse, and they probably won't bounce either. To be completely honest they are posting how they feel and no one is forced to read their posts. No harm is being done.

Old 07-14-2017, 09:27 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
I bet a lot of these rats live in the MTA subway system, abandon lots, unkempt buildings, etc.. Make them responsible for these rats.

That $32 million dollars will banish and more rats will populate NYC. Why? Because no one will take responsibility. It's this person/agency's responsibility or that one.

Old 07-14-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
I bet a lot of these rats live in the MTA subway system, abandon lots, unkempt buildings, etc.. Make them responsible for these rats.

That $32 million dollars will banish and more rats will populate NYC. Why? Because no one will take responsibility. It's this person/agency's responsibility or that one.
With all of fancy new garbage cans coming online or whatever, should expect immaculate conditions all around, and not a rat in sight per SeventhFloor.

Old 07-14-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Am here to tell you I read very well. The article said the following:

"A rat infestation at a Queens park has gotten so bad that it's been spreading to nearby homes, neighbors say.", so yes it *IS* a problem in the neighborhood (Ozone Park).

Howard Beach is not that far away and it isn't clear how far they are spreading, but if homeowners are concerned, then it's safe to say they are spreading a good distance. Can tell you that rats don't stay in one place, and do migrate.

Am quoting you earlier:

Your comment made it sound as if Queens was devoid of such issues while the problem is citywide, so the problem is your lack of communication skills, not my reading skills.
No, you interpreted my comment to suit your train of thought. Which is confrontational. No denying a large amount of Manhattan has a rat problem. You should have been on the debate team in school. You have no argument, but your efforts cannot be overlooked with driving home a non-existent point. It's been fun.

Old 07-14-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
They probably won't make it worse, and they probably won't bounce either. To be completely honest they are posting how they feel and no one is forced to read their posts. No harm is being done.
You consult them, and maybe they'll pay you then!

Old 07-14-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
No, you interpreted my comment to suit your train of thought. Which is confrontational. No denying a large amount of Manhattan has a rat problem. You should have been on the debate team in school. You have no argument, but your efforts cannot be overlooked with driving home a non-existent point. It's been fun.
Am not the one claiming that areas are devoid of rats...

Old 07-14-2017, 10:19 AM

783 posts, read 576,905 times
Quote:
NYC To Spend $32 Million For War On Rats
I thought this meant that they were getting rid of the Democrats. Wishful thinking...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City