Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 08:44 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times

Advertisements

My pct was listed, sadly not shocked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 08:45 AM

325 posts, read 199,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FREE866 View Post
hmm
people like "statistics" because it's a way to analyze , without emotion, what the trends are and what can possibly be done to help.

or people can just blame a politician because thats what other people are doing ...whatever works for you
Exactly (claps hands)

Old 07-28-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I'm blaming the criminals who go out purposefully getting illegal guns and who make the choice to take those guns out and shoot people with them.
Doesent sound like that , unless all those criminals are named deblasio

Old 07-28-2019, 08:47 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,135,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan2queens View Post
Doesent sound like that , unless all those criminals are named deblasio
Not sure I understand what you mean by "doesn't sound like that". I'm not the OP.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Not sure I understand what you mean by "doesn't sound like that". I'm not the OP.
My bad read to fast , yea that was for him bro not you

Old 07-28-2019, 08:56 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Non story because? You are expecting people in these neighborhoods to have gun violence??? Or you just don't care about their lives?
Stop projecting

You’re reporting common trends

Is Brownsville not a historically high-crime area? Therefore the location does not surprise me plain and simple. Doesnt matter who commits the crimes, crime is crime. I would be more surprised if this happened in a precinct not known for gunplay. Then the real question would be why did it happen there.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-28-2019, 09:03 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Quote:
Why do people only like "Statistics" when it's black and Brown people shooting each other.

But one Police shooting of a perp and everyone says it's "One too many" and protests begin almost immediately? (Even when you look at the statistics that show police shootings are down)
Why do people care about shootings when they happen at 1am in the areas you never go to or don't plan to go to?

Old 07-28-2019, 09:37 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Quote:
Non story because? You are expecting people in these neighborhoods to have gun violence??? Or you just don't care about their lives?
Why so anyone who gets up and go to work everyday and has a productive life care about Gang and Drug drama after 1am in the morning?

Old 07-28-2019, 10:04 AM

37,153 posts, read 39,418,669 times
If OP wants a crime wave to stick it to Big Bird so badly, then is he going to take matters into his own hands? SHOULD WE BE ON THE LOOKOUT?

Old 07-28-2019, 10:39 AM

5,123 posts, read 4,971,177 times
i have said it many times, and do not mind repeating myself one more time, that bdb is an anti-police, pro-crime perp style mayor. look at the rising rate of cop suicidal incidence under his policy... while the crime numbers might still seem low to many of your near-sighters, you have to understand that crime develops over a long cycle, starting with the mentality change preceding a small breakout of the behavioral tryouts before it goes into full effect and eventually out of control. it takes a similarly long cycle to reverse this course. do not let the low crime number fool you. bdb has been sowing the seeds and fertilizing the soil to foster the development of crime mentality. if his successor adopts similar policy, expect to see and experience NYC in 1970s again.

bdb is corrupt and incompetent in leading the city and balancing the budget...he blew up a huge surplus balance that he inherited from the previous administration during a nation/state/city wide economic boom throughout his office time.
he, like obama, has a hidden agenda in purporting racial confrontations. but thank the all mighty, since obama was thrown out the power circle, all those frenzic "xxxx matters" movements have gradually died out from the national stage therefore bdb was too incompetent to push it anywhere with his tiny brain...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: