Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2020, 07:56 AM

6,697 posts, read 6,064,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
The whole "climate change" movement is just another money pit. Majority of people all support the findings in climate change but the disagreement is how to deal or handle it. Whenever you see a liberal piece about rising water in some areas or lack of rain in CA. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that people need to move inland away from flood prone areas. People in CA also need to accept they don't live in a fertile oasis. CA is wasting valuable resources by channeling water to a desert valley climate. If you're a scientist you would know it makes zero sense to put an expensive sea wall just to stop a few waves but a big one like Super storm Sandy, it's impossible without building something huge and expensive. We be better off telling businesses to move to higher ground. But that's not gonna happen because the elites don't want to spend their own money. They want the government to spend tax money to prevent flooding. That's why any liberal being brainwashed by the whole global warming propaganda needs to look at the science and then ask yourself. Does it make any sense what the establishment wants?
So well said!

On another matter, I read that part of the reason why we have a bit of climate change is because during the Tsunami of 2004 from the earthquake underneath the Indian Ocean, the whole globe shifted a few inches. So are earthquakes also part of climate change? Trust me when I tell you, when the earth wants to get rid of its humans, it just will, regardless of what progressives or conservatives think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2020, 03:01 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,528,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
Come on MAGAs we are waiting to hear why fox told you this is a good thing
We kinda want NYC and everyone in it to be washed away by a flood. HTH.

Old 02-27-2020, 03:20 PM

5,466 posts, read 5,728,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
The whole "climate change" movement is just another money pit. Majority of people all support the findings in climate change but the disagreement is how to deal or handle it. Whenever you see a liberal piece about rising water in some areas or lack of rain in CA. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that people need to move inland away from flood prone areas. People in CA also need to accept they don't live in a fertile oasis. CA is wasting valuable resources by channeling water to a desert valley climate. If you're a scientist you would know it makes zero sense to put an expensive sea wall just to stop a few waves but a big one like Super storm Sandy, it's impossible without building something huge and expensive. We be better off telling businesses to move to higher ground. But that's not gonna happen because the elites don't want to spend their own money. They want the government to spend tax money to prevent flooding. That's why any liberal being brainwashed by the whole global warming propaganda needs to look at the science and then ask yourself. Does it make any sense what the establishment wants?
Also, California subsidizes/mandates that houses are flood and fire insured, since no private company would insure those houses in flood prone and wildfire prone areas. Their government literally incentivizes people to build houses in those disaster-prone areas. Also, FEMA money should only be used for disaster relief, not for property damage compensation. These people keep rebuilding their houses with FEMA money. If no private company will insure, and no government will pay out, people would naturally move out of those areas. If not, live there at your own risk.

Old 02-27-2020, 04:24 PM

30,696 posts, read 18,343,305 times
If NYC thinks its such an important study, let it fund one itself.

Old 02-27-2020, 06:24 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,543,927 times
Maga Multiple choice:

1. Climate change isn't real anyway
2. Destroying the most important city to the world economy is cool because it's fun to Own The Libs!
3. *Shrug* who cares it wouldn't be that bad
4. There's nothing that can be done anyway, there's no action to mitigate natural disasters, so let's do nothing !

Old 02-27-2020, 07:06 PM

565 posts, read 363,346 times
Climate change is such a liberal left wing hoax. Let me know when instead of Winter it's Summer and when it's supposed to be Summer it's Winter. Then I'll worry about climate change.

Oh, btw, even when that happens...ain't nuthin no one can do about it!!! Mother nature can not be altered. If the earth is gonna be ravaged by drought and floods, so be it. No one said human life will last forever. So, in the meantime, enjoy driving your cars. I am.

Old 02-27-2020, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
Climate change is such a liberal left wing hoax. Let me know when instead of Winter it's Summer and when it's supposed to be Summer it's Winter. Then I'll worry about climate change.

Oh, btw, even when that happens...ain't nuthin no one can do about it!!! Mother nature can not be altered. If the earth is gonna be ravaged by drought and floods, so be it. No one said human life will last forever. So, in the meantime, enjoy driving your cars. I am.
Ah so this would be number 1 on the multiple choice.

Old 02-28-2020, 06:04 AM

16,165 posts, read 6,915,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
Come on MAGAs we are waiting to hear why fox told you this is a good thing
Opinion:
Great.....................I'll trade you the Study if you remove Sanctuary Status.

Old 02-28-2020, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Opinion:
Great.....................I'll trade you the Study if you remove Sanctuary Status.
I see. So harassing and deporting people is such a high priority to you , you don't mind holding your own city's resiliency hostage to get it.

Ignoring rising seas to Own The Libs! hi five !

Old 02-28-2020, 07:44 AM

978 posts, read 735,098 times
So it seems like "leftist" is now synonymous with scientific and developed nation consensus, at least here on the NYC city-data sub. While I may partly agree that we're past tipping points that can no longer be reversed, the conspiracy theory echo chamber of inaction over the past two decades has gotten us into this mess, and now that we're in it the message is shifting to "well, nothing we can do now."

The fact that DT pulled out of Paris, has opened up federal land for more extraction, and has turned the EPA from an actual functioning regulatory body for our protection to a political puppet show is his way of rubbing our noses in the mess that he has already made on the carpet.

But hey, at least he's not HC, amirite?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City