Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2020, 08:26 AM

579 posts, read 945,989 times

Advertisements

https://www.thearches.com/?gclid=Cjw...BoC7X0QAvD_BwE

Has anyone on this forum visited the model apartments? Looks really nice and that neighborhood has seen changes recently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2020, 10:44 AM

579 posts, read 945,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietrang View Post
https://www.thearches.com/?gclid=Cjw...BoC7X0QAvD_BwE

Has anyone on this forum visited the model apartments? Looks really nice and that neighborhood has seen changes recently.
No one in this forum has gone to see these apartments?

Old 10-11-2020, 11:14 AM

1,486 posts, read 990,344 times
I dont have any real interest to go inside and i believe most wont due to they provide virtual tours on their site. But ill keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone can confirm if the units are as tiny as the virtual tours make them out to be

Old 10-11-2020, 12:59 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,889,690 times
If you want to get shanked and gutted and 2 to the dome in front of your luxurious building and watch the bright red blood fly artistically all over tempered glass be my guest....

You will be monitored, tracked down and held hostage for ransom. This is the SOUTH BRONX. Kids are HUNGRY. And you're the next meal.

These realtors are insane.

Look it up on Google maps. It's freaking deserted by the freeway in a semi-industrial zone. The perfect place to get kidnapped.

Old 10-11-2020, 01:19 PM

5,689 posts, read 2,617,362 times
I've walked by it quite a few time but never have no interest in seeing the inside. I live in the Bronx for cheaper rent then Manhattan, like hell I'm paying $2100 for a studio in that **** area.

Old 10-11-2020, 01:25 PM

1,486 posts, read 990,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
If you want to get shanked and gutted and 2 to the dome in front of your luxurious building and watch the bright red blood fly artistically all over tempered glass be my guest....

You will be monitored, tracked down and held hostage for ransom. This is the SOUTH BRONX. Kids are HUNGRY. And you're the next meal.

Look it up on Google maps. It's freaking deserted by the freeway in a semi-industrial zone. The perfect place to get kidnapped.
Wow you make it sound like Venezuela or something.

Have you ever been in that area or are you just talking from your google street view experience

Old 10-11-2020, 01:43 PM

5,689 posts, read 2,617,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
Wow you make it sound like Venezuela or something.

Have you ever been in that area or are you just talking from your google street view experience
You and I and maybe a few others actually live close by and are in the area on a regular. Everyone else just talks out their azz.

Old 10-11-2020, 01:45 PM

870 posts, read 414,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post

Not necessarily. This is a subsection of Mott Haven, enclaved between the Harlem river and the Major Deagan. And development is not a new thing to the area, many people have already moved in from other States in the past few years (hipster/yuppie type) and new stores and restaurants have been opening. It is also happening North of the Major Deagan. They are trying to do what they did in Harlem.
I know it is the South Bronx and there are many projects and low income buildings around, but the South Bronx (or 15th district) is really big and this is not the worst area in terms of safety.
I would be more worried for new occupants if this was happening further North, in Highbridge, Mount Eden, Mount Hope, and even worse, Tremont and West Farms (the energy of these areas itself is creepy and it is very densely populated and unclean, with all types of shady characters). Now it may happen don’t get me wrong, but look, they managed to gentrify Bed Stuy and Fort Greene where nobody was safe two to three decades ago, and it has now been turned into diverse income areas.
Everybody used to say realtors were insane when the same started happening in Harlem and Brooklyn. Even Williamsburg, there was a time you would only go there for drugs and prostitutes and nobody could have ever imagined it turning the way it has now.

Old 10-11-2020, 01:50 PM

870 posts, read 414,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
You and I and maybe a few others actually live close by and are in the area on a regular. Everyone else just talks out their azz.
I live in the borough and I agree with you, this area is not that bad. And they will be building a huge soccer stadium for one of the MLS teams not far from it which will be a moderate version of the Barclays center, brining more redevelopment, more money and higher income.

Old 10-11-2020, 01:54 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,240,189 times
$2200 for a tiny studio?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City