Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2021, 01:04 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post
You make some excellent points regarding the fall of NYC. And as a child of the 70s and 80s born and raised in NYC, I've seen this place in both worse shape and better shape. It's the cyclical nature of life and the people who live in the city. But keep in mind - NYC has always been a difficult place to live. There's always been a high amount of crime here, there's always been homeless people, and there are so many people who have worked 2 and 3 jobs just to say afloat. And yes, the political class here bears a lot of responsibility for the awful bail reform laws, the high taxes, and unbearable cost of housing. But NYC/NYS politics has always been a corrupt machine, going back to Tammany Hall.

I believe that much of the outcry is that the city population is browning...the diversity of the city is becoming too much to bear (at least for some posters here). People complain about NYC, San Fran, and LA - but these three cities (and surrounding metros) are largely responsible for the bulk of this country's creative and financial capital in spite of the draconian laws that city data posters lament.

"Let enough of us leave," you say. But where are you going? Everyone keeps talking about TX and FL in one breathe but complain about illegals. You haven't seen "illegals" until you visited these two states. America is browning. So I ask again, "where are you going?"
Bravo. This argument required you to combine a heck of a lot of different issues (with a healthy dose of assumption) to craft a singular persona for your "other". Masterful. The left eats this stuff up.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 12-29-2021, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
But you guys have fun. And don’t forget to take your kidss please!!!
I wish. My kids are the only thing tying me to that craphole. I'd give up my job to move further in a heartbeat if only my ex would leave the city. Ugh.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 12-29-2021, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
It costs a lot of money to move out of state. Those that are complaining about NYC are realizing this, hence the posts. In the past 2 years, I think my fellow MoD is the only regular poster on here who voiced his dislike for NY and actually moved.

I don't mind it anymore, let them complain. I find it entertaining to see how long they're able to keep it up.

I was in and out of Brooklyn today in less than 2 hours. Used the BQE and everything. Thank god for school being closed.

Old 12-29-2021, 02:50 PM

67 posts, read 24,390 times
I am leaving because of the politics, the mandates, and everything else.

Old 12-29-2021, 05:10 PM

5,689 posts, read 2,617,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSurfer123 View Post
I am leaving because of the politics, the mandates, and everything else.
That's fine, others will come to replace you before you can even drive away

Old 12-30-2021, 12:35 AM

416 posts, read 247,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Here are the others

https://mydailyfreedom.com/data/vide...582d7e7340.mp4

Old 12-30-2021, 01:20 AM

5,689 posts, read 2,617,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplifly View Post
Nah they been here way longer then a lot of NYC data members have been alive.

Old 12-30-2021, 01:41 AM

416 posts, read 247,965 times
Quote:
Just goes to show, NYC hasn't improved at all.

Old 12-30-2021, 02:56 AM

2,948 posts, read 1,262,642 times
Quote:
The explosion in the welfare state isn't sustainable. Many of the "replacements" are people who take out more than they put in.

Old 12-30-2021, 03:18 AM

67 posts, read 24,390 times
Quote:
Do not derail my topic statement anymore. Go elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: