Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2021, 01:26 PM

11,767 posts, read 5,781,921 times

Advertisements

I was going to ask what browning was but found the answer a couple of posts down. You actually think people are racist and that's what our beef is? NY is and always has been one of the most diverse states besides CA whether it be race, religion or ethnicity. If I was worried about race I wouldn't be moving south.

I've been a democrat for over 40 yrs and the party has gone from a party to be proud of to one of disgrace and the leadership has turned the whole state into a cesspool.

Someone mentioned about how expensive it is to move - it costs very little when you sell everything and start from scratch which I tend on doing. It actually makes you wake up and realize how little you really need. Now if you are moving everything - it's going to cost you if you are moving to and from any state. If people stay because of the cost of moving they're stupid as the move would pay for itself in a couple of years with the lower taxes in most states.

Old 12-30-2021, 06:25 PM

615 posts, read 447,835 times
I believe the number of foreign born is higher than it's ever been. That fact, also true in the early 1920s, spurred the
Immigration Act of 1924.

We need to see the Immigration Act of 2024, or the nation, at least as we know it, will pass before our eyes.

Where have you gone, Calvin Coolidge? Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

Old 12-30-2021, 08:24 PM

954 posts, read 932,592 times
Just say the people you know are moving cause plenty of people are not leaving and especially not in winter

Old 12-30-2021, 08:26 PM

954 posts, read 932,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
I work and live in the city. The fact that you use a gas chamber example is not even close to funny.
You don't live or work in the city so why do you need to bash it all the time.
Exactly it’s annoying

Old 12-30-2021, 09:15 PM

15,822 posts, read 14,463,105 times
Some of these places have very good for profit medicine, that's still much cheaper than what's available in the US, to attract the medical tourism market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
I've read a lot about Yanks, moving to Mexico, Honduras, Costa Rica. Living cheaply. But what happens when you wake up with a lump in your breast, have a stroke or some weird growth on you. I assume they come right back to the States.

Old 12-30-2021, 09:17 PM

621 posts, read 240,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
Most of them don't stay in FL or TX. FL and Texas don't have the welfare programs that we do here. This is well known among migrants as well. Especially "single_ women with children.

You don't know what you're talking about. I lived in TX for 5 years. They don't leave those states b/c they have family, support systems, and employers ready to give them jobs.

Old 12-30-2021, 09:27 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,257,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post
You don't know what you're talking about. I lived in TX for 5 years. They don't leave those states b/c they have family, support systems, and employers ready to give them jobs.
You loved in TX for 5 years and you knew every illegal immigrant?

The NYC metro area doesn't have the most illegal immigrants of serve metro in the US?

Old 12-30-2021, 09:32 PM

621 posts, read 240,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I was going to ask what browning was but found the answer a couple of posts down. You actually think people are racist and that's what our beef is? NY is and always has been one of the most diverse states besides CA whether it be race, religion or ethnicity. If I was worried about race I wouldn't be moving south.

Yeah I do believe that. This thread alone is filled with nasty comments about people they know nothing about. Unfortunately, diversity doesn't mean acceptance. So long as these "illegals" or someone else said "invaders" can cook, clean, build infrastructure, and stay out of sight, folks are happy.

I've been a democrat for over 40 yrs and the party has gone from a party to be proud of to one of disgrace and the leadership has turned the whole state into a cesspool.

I've been an independent for over 20 years b/c both Dems and GOP are comprised of leadership from cesspools. People here praise the South but never lived there so they don't know what they're talking about. When I lived in Austin and worked downtown, I would see women of all cadences in front of the Capitol building in Austin with placards begging the legislature to allocate additional medicaid funding for help in supporting disabled children. While I disagree with the giveaways taking place up here in the NE, I also disagree with the total lack of empathy in the South. There should be a middle ground that legislators can work towards.

Someone mentioned about how expensive it is to move - it costs very little when you sell everything and start from scratch which I tend on doing. It actually makes you wake up and realize how little you really need. Now if you are moving everything - it's going to cost you if you are moving to and from any state. If people stay because of the cost of moving they're stupid as the move would pay for itself in a couple of years with the lower taxes in most states.

Totally agree. Whenever I moved out of the city/state, I would sell most items that I could simply buy again in my new home. My wife likes to hold on to stuff, but I just get her something better on the other side of the move.

I asked the question earlier - if people are so dissatisfied with NYC, why not move? And, if you do have the cajones to move, where are you going?

Old 12-31-2021, 05:06 AM

67 posts, read 24,324 times
City bans calling someone an ‘illegal alien’ out of hate (September 2019)
https://nypost.com/2019/09/26/city-b...n-out-of-hate/

The Best States to Live in and Move to (if You’re Contemplating a Mass Exodus from Your State)
https://meganredshaw.substack.com/p/...ive-in-move-to

Places That Pay You To Move There in 2021 (February 2021)
https://www.movebuddha.com/blog/get-paid-to-move/

Supreme Court will hear vaccine mandate cases on Jan. 7 (December 2021)
https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/12/...ases-on-jan-7/

Old 12-31-2021, 05:43 AM

5,803 posts, read 2,930,663 times
Desire to move is real. But it’s hard when you have friends and family near by.
Florida is a sauna with flat lands which is a bore.
Texas isn’t much better with its landscape and both have lots of South American illegal immigrants that are least in nyc they all sort of blend in with the rest of the people coming from all over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: